ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The SchwepTek Ph1!

ZX6R B1H
  LY R26
good progress mate, gd job in sacking off the 1.2 badges! gutted bout the wheels but shud make some money back on them tho i guess!

Vantage
IMG_0624.jpg

looking good ;)

were you getting your sticker done from mate?

SchwepTek™
*** Small update. ***

Picked up these and a 2nd Willans Harness to replace the single Cobra Evo i have at the moment. Very comfortable and look the dogs! Also the Evo was a bit of a pain in the ass for a daily driver. Currently searching for subframes though!

IMG_0680.jpg

IMG_0674.jpg

Car needs a clean so will take some decent photos when stuff gets done!

SchwepTek™
OK only another small update im afraid.

Finally managed to get hold of some subframes for my Pole Positions. Cost alot more than i wanted to pay but should do the job nicely. Bought direct from OMP's ebay shop.

IMG_0677.jpg

Also bought this -

IMG_0676.jpg

Seats are going in tomorrow and 182 manifold, sports cat and new upper engine mount on Sunday.

Things should start looking good then! :)

Oh and this happened today....

IMG_0675.jpg

;)

53 Clio's & counting
whats the most someones got out of a ph1?

this is my ph1 atm, not only original box, but original clutch too

DSC00611.jpg

No idea but the short shifter can't be doing it much good.

I expect i'll be giving it a new box early next year.

What box you going for matey?

would a 182 box fit the 172? i know the first few gears in the 172 box are shorter

yes the 182 box would fit the ph1 boxes reach higher speeds in each gear due to a different final drive, the ph2 172 and 182 boxes reach lower speeds in each gear to counter act the extra weight, but only the 172 cup box will fit due to the 172 cup having a speedo sensor in the box ( same as the ph1) whereas the ph2 172 and the 182 take their speedo readings from the abs sensors, so the boxes will fit but the speedo wont work

Wait till the boy updates it next. After Approximately 4/5 hours spent at mine yesterday there should be some pics on the way soon.

SchwepTek™
Right then. Finally got some bits fitted.

182 mani and sports cat is now on thanks to Dave aka Mini-Valver. Car pulls so much smoother but i'll be looking to get it RR'd soon to see what it puts out. Yozza is now much quiter and much less raspy so i think i'm going to go for the K-tec decat link pipe. Will keep hold of the sports cat though as decat may be too loud for track.

Also fitted my Recaro Pole Positions using OMP subframes. Needed some spacers on one of the rear corners of each subframe but other than that i'm very pleased.

IMG_0679.jpg

IMG_0680-1.jpg

IMG_0683.jpg

Bought some M10 harness eye bolts as well, so that either door-side lap strap can be bolted directly to the original lower seatbelt mounts.

Upper seat belt mounts on the pillars will be stripped off asap, then it will be a big clean up ready for Combe Action Day and Trax in September.

Also hoping to detar the interior and remove all unnecessary brackets from the rear and then the whole thing can be sprayed matt black. Not sure when this will be happening though as I have an Op this weekend.

Last edited:

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
What offset are the williams wheels? And are these the same?

wheels-final-2.jpg