ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Start of a Mini Adventure...

Golf R
So to cut a long story short, I found my work circumstances suddenly changed, my mileage to and from work doubled and i was quickly racking up miles on the S2000. After a cheeky advert on pistonheads, I got an offer that was too good to refuse on the S2000 so I sold it a few months earlier than i was going to, and yesterday I picked up this :

DSCF3038X.jpg

DSCF3042X.jpg

DSCF3044X.jpg

DSCF3046X.jpg

DSCF3047X.jpg

DSCF3053X.jpg

DSCF3054.jpg

DSCF3057.jpg

DSCF3058X.jpg

DSCF3059X.jpg

DSCF3067X.jpg

Comes with the following spec : Full John Cooper Works Body Kit, 18" John Cooper Alloy Wheels, Panoramic Glass Sunroof, Chilli Pack, Sound Pack, Chrome Pack, Visibility Pack, HiFi Speaker System, Heated Front Screen, Heated Washer Jets and Mirrors and 2009 Front Apron and Brake Air Intake plus a few other bits and pieces.

It won't be to everyone's taste, but it ticks the boxes for what I need from a car right now... and when I get bored of it I'll be getting the Stage 1 Works Engine upgrade sorted on it :)

audi a6 3.0tdi
I really like minis and would love to own one but i just can't justify the cost of one.

That one looks great i remember when my brother (works for mini) bought a GP home that was really cool.

Tangoed Works
MINT.. love the dual panoramic, and the jcw aero kit.

what else you got in plan. Lots are pushing 260 bhp with a remap and decat.

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50
I loooooooove this car, i got to drive it the 150 odd miles home :approve: and im pinching the keys at every oppertunity!

Its great to be back in a car that gets some attention :eek: its great fun to drive too!

Golf R
MINT.. love the dual panoramic, and the jcw aero kit.

what else you got in plan. Lots are pushing 260 bhp with a remap and decat.

not sure yet... just going to use it and wait a few months before tinkering i think... I need to ensure I keep this car longer than the last few!

first mod was removing this :

DSC01319.gif

neighbours must have thought i was mad as i was out there with the hairdryer to peel it off!

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
in the past 2 weeks mum has purchased a cooper S...

i test drove a few with her and loved how toit they turned in, so responsive, liked the supercharge wineeeeeeee too.

lovely cars

Audi TT
ah... i miss that car... how is it? all going good still i hope!

She's getting peeved with the kangaroo cold starts and there's a couple creaks but trying to get sorted on warranty. Renault told her they don't have a clue about the 197 remap fix for the jumpy cold starts though! Typical Renault service!

Her old 172 is costing me a bomb though at the minute. Think she upgraded at the right time! Told her I'll give her £4k for the R27 when she's had it a couple of years :D

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
in the past 2 weeks mum has purchased a cooper S...

i test drove a few with her and loved how toit they turned in, so responsive, liked the supercharge wineeeeeeee too.

lovely cars

Good job that ones got a turbo then ;)

I have to say i prefer the older shape, the new new MINI looks "fat"

Last edited:

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
like the wheels not a massive fan of the kit but good car :)

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
nice chief. not keen on the alloys and im sure the roof will affect the handling, but good to see its the non supercharged one

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50
I like it.

Nice car, Mouse ;)

Mini Mouse, as one of our friends pointed out yesterday hehe - I think we made the right choice on the alloys too ;)

englebert: we found (as did the guy we bought the car from) that the cooperS on 17s pulls to the left quite fiercely! both myself and Gareth noticed it when we test drove a BMW demonstrator, on the 18s it doesnt do it at all - though you do have to hold onto it, the little thing doesnt half pull you around when you hit some uneven road

Golf R soon...
Very nice! Looks like it has plenty of kit on it!

I'm using the parents 53 plate Mini Cooper and I can't help but like it, like a go kart in the corners. So much fun to drive.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
so your comparing an older, pre facelift car with a completely different engine to this one?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
I really don't like the new ones, even if the drivetrain's improved... which it has.

The new engine is massively more complex compared to the old lump and the R55/56/57's are way way better than the R50/52/53's (even if they dont look as good) and its great to drive! - Without runflats and silly big wheels.

But i'm a Mini purist having owned several real ones i cant stomach the binis.
Its a shame they went the 'lifestyle' route.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Amen... toally agree with you. First car I ever drove was an old Clubman... never forgot about it.

I'm right in thinking the old engines were Chrysler-sourced?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Yeah it was a joint venture, they used them in (Grimace) PT cruisers

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Cheers for that; just read that, shuddered and spilt my tea

Oh, watching Yes Man again now... she's still got it.

Tangoed Works
The new ones do feel a lot more refined to drive but I love the rawerness of the older one. Bit like the 182 / 197 debate. Either way these are fast and zip round the speedo with relative ease!

MINI Cooper S
Good choice with a cooper S and also a good colour choice but i would say that :) Got to love the popping from the exhaust on these!

Golf R
So... 1,000 miles and 2 weeks later I gave the car a quick clean today and took a few more pictures, nothing different to the car, just a change of scenery!

xDSCF3128.jpg

xDSCF3125.jpg

xDSCF3135.jpg

xDSCF3142.jpg

xDSCF3157.jpg

xDSCF3151.jpg

xDSCF3153.jpg

xDSCF3144.jpg

xDSCF3145.jpg

xDSCF3149.jpg