ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The story of my ZR **Warning - Rover Content** PIC HEAVY

im struggling to see what it actually is, does the pipe go into the hole or around a fitting? maybe try some brass connector fittings with the threaded ends and heli/tap it?

Normal Connection -
Engine_removal_006.jpg

I don't have the red bit, and the black plastic behind it is all deformed.

Well, we started the car this morning with the hose out, as we knew it would sit at about 2K. Then put the hose in, with a poor seal, and the idle dropped to 1K. Left the car to fully warm up, idle dropped as the engine got warmer, back down to the usual 750ish RPM.

So now I've got to put the bodywork back on, and have a run around the block to see if I have any servo assist and how it runs out on the road, rather than sat in a garage.

is that the standard manifold? Ive got a plastic 1.6 16v inlet at home that i can butcher to get that plastic fitting if you want?

Nope, I had the plastic type you have on before. It's now a metal VVC type. Not changing the manifold, there's no room to remove it all with the head in situ.

I think I'll just gum it right up with some kind of sealant and hope for the best.

Cleaned it, Well, kind of. It was absolutely caked. One half assed clean and then some half assed pics later...
4414035578_2a3b7611fc_b.jpg

4413271647_4e900dd59e_b.jpg

4413276123_1fe05f2def_b.jpg

Check out the rust, woo. Now to fix my vacuum leak lol.

Hoping to get skirts prepped, painted & fitted by Fast Show. The F1s are slowly growing on me too.

Roll on Summer and getting rid of this.

Spec:
BMC DIA Induction Kit, 52mm Throttle Body, VVC Inlet, TF135 camshafts, Magnecor 8mm Leads, Janspeed Exhaust Manifold, Sports Cat, 6x4 Oval Catback System, MIL Eliminator
620ti Calipers, 282mm Discs, Yellowstuff Pads, Goodridge Hoses, DOT 5.1 Fluid, Standard 120 rears
AAautosport Coilovers - Down about 60mm, O.Z Racing F1 16x7 in Steel with Trophy Blue writing
TF Wheel, Airbag & Coupler, Richbrook Gearknob, Dewipered, Tinted Rear Lights, Odyssey Race Battery, Powdercoated Rocker Cover

Ignore half of that crap, just copied & pasted from a different forum.

Its not hard to change the manifold, quarter inch socket set and your away. :) I doubt it would make 136.9bhp with the standard one on.

Its not hard to change the manifold, quarter inch socket set and your away. :) I doubt it would make 136.9bhp with the standard one on.

FLOL, Best take that up with Paul at RS Tuning then. It was the same setup as a TF135, only with a better exhaust system and minus the inlet manifold the day of that run. More than capable of the power it made.

I tried for ages when I did the headgasket with a small 1/4" drive and I couldn't get at the lower bolts so took the inlet off with the head. I've gummed it up for now, waiting to see if it seals after a good day or so of setting.

When I changed my bros inlet I kept dropping nuts down the back of the engine, easy things to get pissed off with. I noticed you'd taken the whole lot off.

I swapped an engine over last week and to get the gearbox off I was on my back turning a 3 inch bolt 1mm a time sooo tedious. The headgaskets arent that bad on these its just the rest of the cooling system that seems to go knackered and leads to other problems.

Standardisation begins...
10042010178.jpg

Standard rear lights on, prefer the tinted ones but that's not the point of this excercise.

10042010179.jpg

Janspeed Manifold & Sports Cat off, being swapped for standard items today. Breezed off, I thank whoever invented Nickel Anti Seize compound for that.

What a piece of s**t this car really is. Most other cars would be fine sat in a garage for 3 weeks, plus I've replaced most parts back to standard on it (Throttle Body, Cams and Airbox in the engine department). So I start it up today, hmmmm, running on 3 cylinders. Another frigging problem to solve, and I need it out of the garage this week. FML.

120d M Sport
Girlfriend has a clio and this place isn't run by a complete and utter knob. What are you doing on here?

Does that guy happen to be Tony? Went to trax with my mate in his ZR last year and watched some guy called Tony make a complete prat of himself and the club.

120d M Sport
Apologies in that case then. My mate had paid for tracktime and he gave his pass to someone else, then he seemed evasive about giving him a refund. I also watched him insist on moving about 10 members cars around the stand, stalling a comical amount of times then insulting a couple of people about their cars. That was how I formed my opinion of him!

MG ZR 160
Theres more than Gaz here. lol.

I love you Sump lol

rover fail

french fail at everything

Apologies in that case then. My mate had paid for tracktime and he gave his pass to someone else, then he seemed evasive about giving him a refund. I also watched him insist on moving about 10 members cars around the stand, stalling a comical amount of times then insulting a couple of people about their cars. That was how I formed my opinion of him!

Pube head, funny bloke odd at times