ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The 'The Unit:Splinter Cell' Thread

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Rob 's company have a industrial unit in Docklands which we've commandeered on a semi-permanent basis.

It's an old data centre in the heart of London which has been mentioned on here previously.

Today we went for some servicing and post-Xmas remote 'copter test flights which were successful until Scrooge fired it into the rafters !! :nono:

Rob and I were there a couple of weeks ago swapping the roof motor out on the Z4 .. this should give you an idea how big the place is:

11276904283_1f3fda74ed_c.jpg

Untitled by TheEvilGiraffe, on Flickr

So today, the schedule was a little less taxing..

Scoob and the Zed got an oil change..

11735621414_b3f43d2857_c.jpg

Synchronised Servicing by TheEvilGiraffe, on Flickr

11735166545_4522d20c79_c.jpg

Oil Change by TheEvilGiraffe, on Flickr

The Toledo sat around doing nothing apart from looking low:

11734948715_c030b02e3b_c.jpg

Torpedo by TheEvilGiraffe, on Flickr

Then we took some photos and disappeared before dark:

11734933545_57a3042f11_c.jpg

The New Unit by TheEvilGiraffe, on Flickr

11735701266_6b88ce5ba4_c.jpg

11735196943_6f1915f11d_c.jpg

11735207573_091ee7cdab_c.jpg

11735711086_523404fb79_c.png

Scoob by TheEvilGiraffe, on Flickr

Hopefully there'll be some meets here in the summer as it's epic.

Should be good for detailing as we've found a water supply, there's toilets and warm water and an office.

Watch this, er, space...

:evil:

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Most productive day!

I'll have you know I also changed the worlds most minging pollen filter. Impressively savage infact. Half a bush and some feathers too.

Car's now running like an actual dream with the standard air filter back in and new oil

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Have you rented this then?!
Looks epic, wish more of my mates were into cars so we could do something similar to be honest.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Have you rented this then?!
Looks epic, wish more of my mates were into cars so we could do something similar to be honest.

I've been allowed use of it by my boss, I've been working hard of late and asked it I could use it to refurbish my roof motor, the response was 'use it whenever you want and whatever you want, within reason'.

So yeah, quite lucky. Should have use for 6-24 months as it is :)

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
I've been allowed use of it by my boss, I've been working hard of late and asked it I could use it to refurbish my roof motor, the response was 'use it whenever you want and whatever you want, within reason'.

So yeah, quite lucky. Should have use for 6-24 months as it is :)

That's awesome, hard work pays off though!
I remember with our second unit before the machinery was moved in I had an awesome place for about 2.5 months all to myself, was so nice to be working inside for once!

Been meaning to PM you actually, but whats the best stuff for cleaning and protecting a soft top?!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Cool unit, its like a small version of the one we used to have, I love industrial places, its great having loads of space.

Surprised if its in london that you couldnt find someone to lease it though if its not needed at the moment? even on a short term lease, thats gotta be worth a LOT of money in the capital!

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
We fitted ours in under 2 hours from scratch.

Would be very handy to have and be very easy to remove come 'get out' day....

Fcuk me, the place would be swarming with cars (ours)

Sunglasses could do an epic BBQ. :D

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
It's not as big as yours was! Fcuk me that was big. What company did it used to be?

Lol, ours was over 100M in each direction, mental place, used to be federal mogul.

Was pointlessly big though so no chance of heating it etc, so we just had a small area about half the size of Rob's one and used that which was fine for about half a dozen cars.

Was good fun for drag racing and drifting though.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
That's awesome, hard work pays off though!
I remember with our second unit before the machinery was moved in I had an awesome place for about 2.5 months all to myself, was so nice to be working inside for once!

Been meaning to PM you actually, but whats the best stuff for cleaning and protecting a soft top?!

Yeah it's a bit of a touch tbh.

Soft top wise, I'd either use renovo, or the fabric stuff by gtecniq

That is the nuts. Where abouts is it? (Rough area obviously)

London docklands mate. (First post :p )

Needs a ramp. :D

It's tempting.

Cool unit, its like a small version of the one we used to have, I love industrial places, its great having loads of space.

Surprised if its in london that you couldnt find someone to lease it though if its not needed at the moment? even on a short term lease, thats gotta be worth a LOT of money in the capital!

It's in part of quite a sizeable deal at the moment, occupying it would only slow things down, so it's just left as it is. A rare opportunity.

Agreed, if you know you have use of it for 6-24 months then may as well buy a ramp, between a few of them its only a few hundred quid each and then get your money back when you sell it again anyway.

It's not a bad idea, I'll have a word with the boss in the coming months and get his opinion if that comes within reason.

340i
Oh. The Company I work for decommissioned a data centre in the Docklands a couple of months ago, this could be a real coincidence.

@Rob do you know who the previous tenants where?

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Oh. The Company I work for decommissioned a data centre in the Docklands a couple of months ago, this could be a real coincidence.

@Rob do you know who the previous tenants where?

It's 100% not them mate, this has been decommissioned for a fair old while but only recently actually emptied.

I'd be interested to know who that is though :-D

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I can't stop looking at the pictures. The place is fcuking awesome!

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
It's awesome but it's far too empty of tools and other man items :(

AD8A935A-C2B7-4E08-ABBA-51A97F16BF83_zpslulooxmz.jpg

Vantage point!

E2D4D879-62D9-4804-BB3F-9C0086AF62C3_zps6pho7mol.jpg

340i
It's 100% not them mate, this has been decommissioned for a fair old while but only recently actually emptied.

I'd be interested to know who that is though :-D

I am pretty sure it was a company called Star, which has now been acquired by Claranet. I assume the aqusition is why the data centre closed.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I've had it spinning around like a ballerina before, it's all good. If he tells me no I'll do it in the Toledo. In reverse.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Best bit is, behind where Ant took that photo from is two floors of offices, including kitchen and toilet. Full width of the building, about 8meters across.

Im sure I see a sofa resembling the one in casting couch.

Inferno 225 cup
Best bit is, behind where Ant took that photo from is two floors of offices, including kitchen and toilet. Full width of the building, about 8meters across.

Is there cooker?? That would be epic!! Cars,beers and food at the ready.