ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The titanic has docked…

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Finally got the f**king thing home. Left Manchester at 14.30 and all was going well until I tanked in onto the M6 and it went into limp mode and engine light came on.

fortunately I was literally a few miles away from services so pulled in and called RAC. They plugged it in and it’s showing a fuel pressure fault which would make sense.

Cleared the codes and the RAC man drove the car for a few miles and it was fine, booted it and limp mode again. So idea was to clear codes and not accelerate hard on way home. Didn’t matter as this time the codes wouldn’t clear.

Drove it home as I couldn’t be fucked staying in Manchester over night to wait for garage to reopen. Car drives perfectly now with all the over niggles/issues fixed, just a shame about the new problem. It gets to decent speeds for driving but takes a while to get there.

These are the codes I pulled when I got home.

I have a feeling the garage knew there was a problem but turned a blind eye as they mentioned twice they hard problems starting it but put it down to low fuel even though there was a 1/4 of a tank.

So f**king close to it being sorted it’s f**king frustrating now.

Wasn’t doing it before engine came out.

DC0691C1-110C-4748-8A7A-A4F13E7FA984.jpeg
28CD3FDE-DFE0-4E8E-B460-AB8370CFA722.jpeg

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
If a circuit is open, surely that just means they’ve left something unplugged or worst case they’ve damaged a plug?

Either way, if that’s the only fault I think you’ll have that sorted by the weekend. 👍

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
I’m hoping it’s a damaged connector and not the high pressure pump itself that’s been damaged.

I’m going to push the garage who fitted the engine tomorrow (local) to have a look as they never actually got to road test the vehicle for fault to occur.

Arctic 182, GTD
Thats normally the screw on valve on the pump.

Weirdly its giving me a few options for the part number but see below with RRP's.

Shouldn't be a huge job to change it out if needs be as you don't need to remoe the pump.

1652253032350.png

1652253046467.png

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Right so I checked the connection on the valve in fuel pump and it wasn’t pushed in so that’s sorted the codes above.
This is the code that the has now come back when driving past 3000 rpm.

same as RAC man pulled.

Attachments

• FE89F638-18C1-4B03-B446-E46B1B8DC8DF.jpeg
    FE89F638-18C1-4B03-B446-E46B1B8DC8DF.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 97
  Arctic 182, GTD
So should be LH bank if I remember correctly. You have another regulator on the end of the fuel rail. Check the connection on that and that the all the fuel pipes have been secured properly.

If all of that checks out, get a leak off test done on the injectors. Simple enough test or if you have someone local with a STAR machine they can test the injectors via that.

Last edited:

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
So should be LH bank if I remember correctly. You have another regulator on the end of the fuel rail. Check the connection on that and that the all the fuel pipes have been secured properly.

drivers side? I can see regulator on passenger

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Taking it back down to Portsmouth now as tbh they fitted it all abs they couldn’t road test it before it was moved to Manchester.

When gasket was sorted they only stripped the bank in situ and it’s the other side so this hasn’t been touched.

Arctic 182, GTD
Ah ok. Hopefully something really simple and just an overlooked item.

When you buy a replacement engine (from Dronsfield or Prestige) they supply the fuel injection with it, so you should have a spare set of injectors, fuel pump and rails w/ sensors etc.

I hope you got them given to you!

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Ah ok. Hopefully something really simple and just an overlooked item.

When you buy a replacement engine (from Dronsfield or Prestige) they supply the fuel injection with it, so you should have a spare set of injectors, fuel pump and rails w/ sensors etc.

I hope you got them given to you!

It was a bare block so everything was swapped over.

Car kept cutting out abs wouldn’t restart at a junction this morning which almost caused a accident. Went eventually, I met resistance from the garage in Portsmouth today saying they were too busy and it would be a month Atleast before they could look at it.

Wife stepped in as she could see I was about to lose it. They did the work, it was fine before they did the work and I gave them 4.5k.

f**king fix it and stop f**king around.

Arctic 182, GTD
It was a bare block so everything was swapped over.

Car kept cutting out abs wouldn’t restart at a junction this morning which almost caused a accident. Went eventually, I met resistance from the garage in Portsmouth today saying they were too busy and it would be a month Atleast before they could look at it.

Wife stepped in as she could see I was about to lose it. They did the work, it was fine before they did the work and I gave them 4.5k.

f**king fix it and stop f**king around.
Ohh. I've always had them come with injection as well so assumed you would get the same.

So you left it with them again to look into? Be interesting to see what they come up with. I take it, it was chuffing or making any irregular noises just the light and cutting out?

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Ohh. I've always had them come with injection as well so assumed you would get the same.

So you left it with them again to look into? Be interesting to see what they come up with. I take it, it was chuffing or making any irregular noises just the light and cutting out?

When it went into limp mode originally yesterday the car was vibrating which would confirm fueling issue.

Can’t hear any chuffing so to speak, once it actually got going it drove down there like a normal car. Just don’t put foot to floor.

I double checked all my invoices and phoned Prestige parts, was a bare block with no injectors or pump.

Yes now I have to wait again to find out what it is, no doubt it will be simple enough this time compared to engine failure.

I might well be in contact with you to have my front Sam, parktronic, and driver’s door lock replaced controller replaced as I don’t trust this garage after todays events. Hope that’s ok!!!

So f**king close by now so far away again.

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
Wow. You've had zero luck with this one!

Hopefully you'll actually be able to drive it soon without the dash turning into a disco.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Probably a bit simplistic but there isn’t a twist or kink in one of the fuel pipes is there? How old and crusty is the fuel filter?

gutted for you Ant

All pipes look as new, fuel filter replaced with genuine unit when work done.

It’s possible one has been damaged when refitted but that’s their job to find.

Arctic 182, GTD
So it won't be the filter or the metal pipes / fixings because if it was you'd have fuel everywhere.

My guess is either the wiring / plug or the fuel regualtor on the rail is faulty. Simple enough test to check voltages / signal to the plug. And they could try another regulator off another V6 just to test it, before buying a new one.

Because thinking about it, if it was an injector issue it would fault to a particular cylinder and not the complete bank. unless they have coded the LH bank injectors in as new ones but thats a reach..

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
All pipes look as new, fuel filter replaced with genuine unit when work done.

It’s possible one has been damaged when refitted but that’s their job to find.
Agree completely
So it won't be the filter or the metal pipes / fixings because if it was you'd have fuel everywhere.

My guess is either the wiring / plug or the fuel regualtor on the rail is faulty. Simple enough test to check voltages / signal to the plug. And they could try another regulator off another V6 just to test it, before buying a new one.

Because thinking about it, if it was an injector issue it would fault to a particular cylinder and not the complete bank. unless they have coded the LH bank injectors in as new ones but thats a reach..

are they all hard pipes? If a hose in kinked or pinched slightly could that not cause a pressure issue? For the sake of a quick look around with a torch I’m guessing it’s worth it.

Either way it’s dog s**t that Ant is in this position…hope it’s not one of “those” cars Ant

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Fuel lines to the pump surely can't be an issue as the OM642 are single HP fuel pump (pretty sure), so it will be associated to that bank/rail if you're seeing something on one side. Plus there would be derv pissing out everywhere

I would say like @KielT mentioned, injectors on that bank haven't been coded right or the pressure sensor is wankered. These aren't like VAG stuff where each bank has it's own ECU?

Edit, get it plugged in and read the live date from the pressure sensor, it should be like 15,000PSI+ iirc

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Time will tell, a lot of time that is 😂

Such a shame, was driving so well beforehand.

Arctic 182, GTD
Agree completely

are they all hard pipes? If a hose in kinked or pinched slightly could that not cause a pressure issue? For the sake of a quick look around with a torch I’m guessing it’s worth it.

Either way it’s dog s**t that Ant is in this position…hope it’s not one of “those” cars Ant
So the leak off pipes are braided rubber but again you'd see an obvious leak. The pipes from the rail to the injectors are metal.

Arctic 182, GTD
Fuel lines to the pump surely can't be an issue as the OM642 are single HP fuel pump (pretty sure), so it will be associated to that bank/rail if you're seeing something on one side. Plus there would be derv pissing out everywhere

I would say like @KielT mentioned, injectors on that bank haven't been coded right or the pressure sensor is wankered. These aren't like VAG stuff where each bank has it's own ECU?

Edit, get it plugged in and read the live date from the pressure sensor, it should be like 15,000PSI+ iirc
Yeah singular HP pump. Injectors shouldn't of needed coded as they re-used his old ones with his old ECU. Should of been a simple job of cleaning up the seat, new washer and bolt and then start. But if they told the vehicle they were new new this could be a problem, but as I said its a stretch..

I saw something similar on a skoda we put a replacement engine in and the tech I had at the time said they were new injectors when they weren't it misfired and cut out and ran like a total sack. £1200.00 later at my cost it fixed it. But I seem to remember it listed the codes for each individual cylinder.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Out of interest do the pumps in tank fail often? If so does it throw a code?

Arctic 182, GTD
Very rare in my experience. It would register a code but it would be along the lines of fuel system pressure too low. Or could associate itself with the first fault you had relating to the quantity control valve but again saying a pressure issue.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Usually when you get issues you look at the last thing changed, so given the fact it all was removed it has to be a refitting problem.