ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The VR thread

Rich..

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf
Now that VR is becoming more viable I imagine a few on here will be getting headsets, so thought a thread for all things VR might be useful. Post about upcoming games etc or good freebies you’ve found.

Best freebie I’ve found so far, by far, is google earth 🌎 love zooming out into space and spinning the globe deciding where to go and then zooming in and flying over the 3D world then dunking my face into the globe to see the street view, it’s all very intuitive, love the ambient music etc too.

No longer an upcoming game but only just released, and next on my purchase list, is The Walking Dead Saints & Sinners

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
QUest is very good, some of the proper music arena 360 ones are unreal.

Very impressed by the current range and will get beter and better. Sports etc you will be able to watch liek you are there.

Rich..

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf
I keep thinking about getting VR and something like the Quest is really intriguing as it supports both standalone and streaming from the PC.
There's loads of comparison reviews on youtube, watch some Quest vs Rift S before making the decision.

Rich..

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf
Tried this last night in the same car, took me over 10 mins lol was immense fun though, first time I’ve ever ‘driven’ the ring.

Rich..

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf
This is looking set to be the top VR game of 2020 (out in March). Pretty decent review as they test it on several different headsets so gives you some idea of some of the differences between them.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Came in here thinking they'd be some mention on VR p**n.

😂😉

bozothenutter

ClioSport Club Member
just got a cheap PSVR for GTSport, immersion is awesome, especially for what I paid for it.
Res is s**t, and most noticable in long distances.
3d audio with headphones is awesome aswell, looking around in the interior of an E30 M3 with engine running

then I saw these
looks interesting pricewise, will need a big bugger of a PC though...

Rich..

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf
just got a cheap PSVR for GTSport, immersion is awesome, especially for what I paid for it.
Res is s**t, and most noticable in long distances.
3d audio with headphones is awesome aswell, looking around in the interior of an E30 M3 with engine running

then I saw these
looks interesting pricewise, will need a big bugger of a PC though...
They didnt seem too impressed with the pimax in that review I posted above. (Around 30 mins in)

Last edited:

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Is that an in joke or something?
Sorry mate, read it weirdly.

How did you play it? Quest and PC or similar? I personally think it was built for racing game. In a seat, with VR it would feel unreal. Surprised so many still use 2 screens in front of a seat when VR would be even closer to the real thing.

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
I must admit i read it, watched the vid and thought, no way is he that good on his first go, so i read it again....😂

Rich..

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf
Sorry mate, read it weirdly.

How did you play it? Quest and PC or similar? I personally think it was built for racing game. In a seat, with VR it would feel unreal. Surprised so many still use 2 screens in front of a seat when VR would be even closer to the real thing.
I have a Rift S & a gaming laptop

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I think that would be average. I can tell by the base that it's going to be weird. Almost like trying to fake run or walk.

Although I get that it's one of the things letting be down, movement etc and ducking in something like cod would really come alive but it's not near tech imo.

Rich..

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf
If anyone wants to try out flying in VR DCS World is free on Steam, and from the 20 mins or so I've spent on it its pretty feckin good.

Rich..

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf
Looking forward to the release of Medal Of Honour VR

So this is finally out in a couple days, but looks like I’ll have to remove most of my current games so I can install it on my laptop, also even with my 2070 graphics card I still won’t get the full experience :(

• CPU: Intel Core-i7-9700K (or comparable AMD)
  • RAM: 16GB DDR4
  • Graphics Card: GTX 2080 (or comparable AMD)
  • Storage: 340GB required for installation, 170GB once installed (SSD or NVMe recommended)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Morning all!

i want to get involved with this VR stuff.

I don’t have a PC, but my son has an X Box-1S and I have a reasonably good laptop.

what’s the best VR headset for me??

I have (shock!) no clue where to start.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Christ almighty. Like giving a dog a sudoku book.

That’s it, I’ve seen it all in 2020.
Bobert, you have just hit the nail on the head there me old fruit. And made the whole house laugh at me.
thanks.

Rich..

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf
Not sure if there's a headset for xbox, I know PlayStation has one, you need a fairly high spec gaming laptop to run a vr headset. Oculus do a stand alone headset, the oculus quest, which has the option to connect it to a PC for more powerful games. Or if you just want to have a play with basic vr if you have a Samsung phone you can get a gear vr headset for about 20 quid, and its pretty decent tbf

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Not sure if there's a headset for xbox, I know PlayStation has one, you need a fairly high spec gaming laptop to run a vr headset. Oculus do a stand alone headset, the oculus quest, which has the option to connect it to a PC for more powerful games. Or if you just want to have a play with basic vr if you have a Samsung phone you can get a gear vr headset for about 20 quid, and its pretty decent tbf
There's no Xbox VR

The Oculus Quest is probably your best bet
@Daniel

Either 300 or 400 quid depending on how much storage you need. I'd say the 64gig version is too small and you can't expand it with a memory card

You can pay 90 quid for a link cable if you want to add it connect it to a PC later

With the Rift S (the one that connects to the PC or laptop) you are always tethered to it, cable doesn't detach. Quest is wireless (unless tethered)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Cheers @Cookie - much more helpful than sad dog.

so if I get the optimus prime £400 headset, I don’t need anything else? I can literally just plug and play?

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers @Cookie - much more helpful than sad dog.

so if I get the optimus prime £400 headset, I don’t need anything else? I can literally just plug and play?
Yeah, although you'll need to buy games from the Oculus store as I don't think it comes bundled with any

Rich..

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf
and you wont be able to play some of the top games, can you run half life alyx on the quest?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I’m not overly concerned about games. I suspect the novelty will wear off quickly anyhow.

Civic Type R FN2
I’m not overly concerned about games. I suspect the novelty will wear off quickly anyhow.

If you're not going to buy any games then save yourself £100 and get the 64GB version. I bought one 6 weeks or so ago and unless you're spunking £100's on games quickly then can't see why you'd need the bigger version.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
What you gonna do with it then ? Wear it round the supermarket ?!
You’re such a nauseating human being.

I’m not concerned about what games I’ll have because I’ll play it for 10 minutes then get bored. I’ll put it in the cupboard and play it for another 10 minutes in a weeks time. Etc.