ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The VTS has gone

CTR EK9 turbo

wow - very nice indeed! lucky bugger! whats the insurance like? how much did you pay? is it modded?

Give us some stats dude! I like it very much btw. (can you tell?)

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3

Is that the short wheelbase version? twin turbo?

My dads got an imported 300zx convertible! v nice.

Trophy

Ben,

There not that quick, i can keep up with my mates. Infact i can beat him as his was still limited to 120.

Mat.

Revels Mum & Sister

Thats a bit harsh. Not just boy racers who buy them. Besides pretty expensive boy racer car to insure. If he is happy with it so what.

Each to there own.

I think it looks smart mate and sure it goes pretty well. Sure it wouldnt fall apart like renaults do!!

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3

My dads not a boy racer! and Id rather have one than a saxo or a valver!

Good on u Eric i like em lots.

Thanks all :D

Its the UK 2+2 Twin turbo, fantastic to drive and pretty quick once the turbos get wound up. All leather and electrics.

Lush.

It also looks very unique and has a powerful presance on the road.

Insurance isnt much more than the VTS! :D

RobFenn - You are an idiot, thanks for your opinion, but its not welcome! :mad:

Howd you feel if I sl*gged your car off!?!

People like you really piss me off!

I would defo put the cars we drive (16vs / 172s) more in the Boy Racer catagory than the Nissan. In fact I dont think ive ever seen one of those - what are the stats?

matbrown

You may have a quick car, but how can you say a sub 6 second to 60/ 14 seconds to 100 isnt quick?

Oh and mines limited to 155mph, new ECU apart from giving another 60BHP also removes the limiter so its top speed is 170mph+

So doesnt sound like a slow car to me :D

If parkers give 24.7 for MPG then its gonna be low;) Like Clios before I came on this site I know nothing about Nissans but those stats are impressive - whats its handling like compare to the VTS?

The handling is very good, in the dry :devilish:

The ride is quite firm, but not as bad as my lowered VTS, it doesnt skip over bumps either like the VTS.

The rear wheel steering is supposed to help with high speed cornering but I am still learning the car so havent reached that point yet.

Its a big car, but very light to drive and fairly nimble. The steering gets heavier the faster you go which is nice.

I wouldnt like to try and keep up with a VTS round lots of small sharp bends though, as the VTS has a lot less weight to throw around. Its also easy to get the backend out of shape in the wet.

Where the car does well though is from 50-150mph+, I was doing...*ahem* lots last night on the M4 and it was mad for it, still pulling like a train and showed no signs of slowing down :D

And fuel economy is pretty bad, I put £20 of Optimax in yesterday and used £10 worth in 48 miles. ;)

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3

Ur forgeting that Rob knows everything about anything! yeah like he does...

And pretty bad cars? I dont think so

QUOTE "And fuel economy is pretty bad, I put £20 of Optimax in yesterday and used £10 worth in 48 miles. "

LOL - I have to admit to being shocked with my Williams, my first tank of Town driving and I got 28mpg!! And thats not taking it easy all the time.

320d M Sport

nice one Eric, looks super clean as well! Im waiting for as "I toasted a twin turbo in my VTR" thread on SSC! And as for ROb he thinks a Porsche isnt a Supercar........hmmmm

Quote: Originally posted by Eric 16v on 11 March 2003

Thanks all

Its the UK 2+2 Twin turbo, fantastic to drive and pretty quick once the turbos get wound up. All leather and electrics.

Lush.

It also looks very unique and has a powerful presance on the road.

Insurance isnt much more than the VTS!

RobFenn - You are an idiot, thanks for your opinion, but its not welcome!

Howd you feel if I sl*gged your car off!?!

People like you really piss me off!

So its wrong to have an opinion? Because its not a big slap on the back well done its not valid?! Get real..my dad owned one of these cars for all of a month. Theyre not nice at all, if you like yours fairplay, i dont care what car you drive at the end of day. I dont fool myself into thinking my car is the best so i dont really care if people sl*g off my car, im well aware of its limitations.

-Rob

I just have some diplomacy mate.

Theres a difference between being honest and being rude! Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but they arent by right entitled to share it.

GOOD "IMHO: I dont like them after my Dad had one for a month".

BAD "Theyre pretty bad cars to be frank, they just appeal to the boy racer types because you can get big BHP figures."

See the difference?