ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The 'What MPG Do You Get?' Thread

Clio 182
clio 182. 22-29 MPG short journey every day. :( on a motorway its fine - 35-40 mpg

Wondering if lambda is faulty or if they are just that bad on very short distances

I've had 49.6 mpg out of mine traveling at about 60 mph with Cruise Control on, I've noticed a massive difference in fuel over my old Fiesta ST, Clio's such an Economical car it's funny seeing my mates 1.2 Corsa's struggle to get anywhere near that :p

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
100 miles on trip - 1/3 of a tank left... so approx £45 spent. Computer in it shows 14.7mpg currently.

172 Cup
The best I've achieved so far in my 172 Cup is 40.4mpg according to the trip computer, and I was not driving economically 100% of the time. That said I've only had the car for a week and not yet used a full tank of fuel!

Megane R26
clio 182. 22-29 MPG short journey every day. :( on a motorway its fine - 35-40 mpg

Wondering if lambda is faulty or if they are just that bad on very short distances
I don't think that's too bad for very short trips, most of the cars I've had are not good on fuel over very short distances.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
310-340 to a tank every time.

That's usually tank and a bit a week for me, driving how ever I like, usually giving it a fair bit of throttle most of the time. Don't really care how I drive it on the road it never seems to do less than 300 to a tank so more than enough for me.

'03 MCS, MKV Ed30
Lol ive never seen 300+ from a tank. More like 265 at a push - my right foot must be heavier than i thought!

Just done 310 miles on a tank of vpower which is 34.4 mpg (35.7 on the computer) averaging 25.3 mph. That was a mix of driving on motorway, b roads, blasts, short trips and i wasn't at any point trying to be economical.

The Cliosport MPG doesn't seem too bad when you consider the supposedly eco-car I'm now in (Honda Jazz Auto) has only averaged 45.3MPG over the last 1200 miles or so and is boring, slow and shite compared to the fun of a 1*2. :)

Renault clio 2005
When I am driving My 1.4 16 valve 05 reg I get around 38 On mixed driving some redline stuff. When pupils drive it can drop as low as 28.5 round town. Dad has dci 86 55 reg He gets 60+ mpg

Clio 182
I get about 39mpg on a run at 70mph with cruise control on. That is 2mpg better now I have a K&N panel filter on it! Round town I get between 28 and 32mpg...

172 Exclusive 007
Phase 1 172 Exclusive. Motorway commute- 48mpg! Can get 51.2 mpg if super careful, do whatever you need to to maintain low throttle openings.

BG Clio 182
Currently getting 27-28 which seems very low to me. Just on the daily commute to work had been previously getting 28-29 even 30 granted its not a long commute.

Toyota Paseo
I've got an 03 1.6 just like yours - Best I've got on a tank is 46 but that was driving at the least revs possible, with a usual run - that's about 40ish miles a day 10 country - 10 city and 20 motorway I get 38 average per tank. I pretty much always Raz it around the country roads.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Here's how my 200 has got on over the last month or so. Taking it easy in the bad weather saw a good 2-3 mpg extra until I got bored and started driving it properly again.

Average of 34.1 mpg over its entire life with me so far, 22,741 miles. I'm happy with that.

20130126fuelconsumptiononly_zps82b9fafe.jpg

182 Cup
MK3 1.6 Dynamique S here!

Round town I'll see 38mpg
Spirited drive - 25MPG
Motorway @ 65 - 55MPG

I can do 240 miles on £25

:)

LY R26
Average in my R26 (slightly tuned - stage 2, fmic, exhaust etc) 27mpg.

On a motorway run I tend to get mid thirties driving just under 70mph

09Accord 2.4 3.0i Z4
I achieved 61.2 MPG from my 1.2 today, mostly motorway, It was tough, horrible, painful to go THAT slow to 60-65mph, had the massive urge to put my foot down to get my fix, but we did it, we did it and never again.

I'd normally average 40-45mpg driving normally, motorway and town driving.

Mk3 1.4 Dynamique
Mk3 1.4 Dynamique, at the moment about 35mpg, I usually get around 40 by driving conservatively but I had a cone filter on recently so the ECU learnt to add more fuel, que 28mpg and quick removal of said filter, hoping it will re-learn soon! I have a tough job getting good mpg anyway as my commute is about a mile so the car barely warms up.. I know, Im lazy :)

197 White One!
I don't get it guys, how can someone with 2.0 200bhp achieve 30mpg and above?

My 197 is driven 90% of the time in city and best result so far I could get was 9.0l/100km which is around 25mpg. With usual city driving which is faster then most of the cars on the road, but still not mad driving - I get 13.0L which is around 18mpg.

I am driving it for 3 years now and have done 61000kms (41000 mi) moslty in urban, because i don't like how Clio RS rides on highway.. At 130km/h in six im getting around 22mpg which is really bad for long trips. Still prefer diesel for highway because you can drive it 200km/h and still get better mpgs then clio's 130km/h.

But still, doesn't matter - it's best car I've driven!

Greetings from Serbia btw :)

I don't get it guys, how can someone with 2.0 200bhp achieve 30mpg and above?

My 197 is driven 90% of the time in city and best result so far I could get was 9.0l/100km which is around 25mpg. With usual city driving which is faster then most of the cars on the road, but still not mad driving - I get 13.0L which is around 18mpg.

I am driving it for 3 years now and have done 61000kms (41000 mi) moslty in urban, because i don't like how Clio RS rides on highway.. At 130km/h in six im getting around 22mpg which is really bad for long trips. Still prefer diesel for highway because you can drive it 200km/h and still get better mpgs then clio's 130km/h.

But still, doesn't matter - it's best car I've driven!

Greetings from Serbia btw :)

It's because most of your driving is in the city. If most of your driving was on the highway you would get at least mid 30's. My 182 is the same.

But how are some of you guys getting getting 40+ mpg from a 182? No matter how I drive mine, a steady 60-70mph I cant get over 37 ish even on a good long run. Car is well serviced etc as well. Thinking it might be the mods? v6 filter, catch tank, decat and straight through power flow exhausts? But think my lamda could be on the way out as well.

But since most of my driving is on the motorway my average sits about 35-36 :)

t90_lle

East of England
ClioSport Area Rep
Just swapped from a BMC CDA (27/28mpg) to a standard box an KTR Panel top the tank and went for a drive.... Normally and acheived this... That is decated also hence the engine light.
54C368CF-0F13-48B7-AE5E-61DB5EEEFF0B-6881-000004C518041656_zps8d712e8d.jpg