ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The 'What MPG Do You Get?' Thread

ST
40-45mpg 175 DCI Megane, that's round town and on the motorway.

The RS version ? My mate Chic - R20CWH on here had one.. Nice idea but in practice a waste of money due to hire fuel costs even if doing big miles.. Also the fact you can fully disengage the traction control.

Last edited:
  ST
Yeah the RS version. I love mine, no regrets here, it gives me the same if not better mpg than my 1.2 ever did. No complaints whatsoever.

Have you driven an Clio 197/200 or an Megane 230 for that matter ? I found the DCI175 awfully front heavy at pace.

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
Not driven any of them, i was put off by the poor fuel economy of the 197/200 and really didn't fancy another Clio. Diesels are renowned for being heavier than the petrol variants, I find the handling brilliant but then again i only have a non sport Clio to compare it to.

Mazda RX8 & Clio 197
Been averaging 31mpg in a 197 around town with a couple of NSL roads on the way to work, indicated 28.5 though but working it out from the pump the on board mpg seems to be wrong.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Clio 182 Trophy

Around Town - 35 / 40

First Pic 39.9

IMG_5541.gif

Second Pic 39.7

IMG_5538.gif

172 Cup, mk1 fiesta
32 mpg for the last 3 weeks. started of at 41 on the first day to work(for a week) then it dropped to 33 as traffic was pretty pants.

After £80 in 5 days I was glad to get back on the train and only use it to get to rugby.

My golf GT TDI always got 47-56mpg and was about 60 a week but that was just a comfy cruiser.

I expect a type r(my other option at the time) would be worse

Pauleds

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc Dueliner sport
14.8mpg

Last Saturday doing the trackday at Oulton Park.
Worth every penny too!!!

FF Racing Blue 182
Never really kept note of mpg before

Done 29.9 out of 30 litres and I've had air-con on and i sit in a queue most days

Clio 172 Ph1 33
Galaxy 1.9Tdi 42 on home made Bio
Better half gets 60 Pug 206 110 Hdi. 30/70 split Derv/Bio
As cheap as it is to run the Galaxy I still cant bring myself not to drive the Clio at least every other day ! !

Audi (R)S2, 1.6 16v
S2 - 6 mpg on a track day, 10 mpg in town, 17 mixed, 25 mpg on an A road / motorway a cruise.
172 - 25 around town, 31 mixed, 38 mpg on a cruise.
1.6 16V - 28 around town, 35 mixed, 43 mpg on a cruise.

i'm new to clio's and have got a 1.2 16v dynamique 2004....according to my trip computer i'm getting average 41mpg..doing a 40 mile trek to work,mainly dual carraigways and motorway,speeds between 40 and 80 ish.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
This was taken when I got to RS Tuning last week (74mile trip) to get my car setup for 421's

yqyra7u3.jpg

Borderline diesel economy hehehe

182 FF RB ;)
Mk2 ph3 1.2 16v, when long motorway trips to work every day (30 miles one way) I'm averaging about 49-50 MPG, very happy compared to my 1.4's 30mpg lol

Clio 172 Cup
I was getting over 40mpg on my drive to Amsterdam and Germany, this includes sitting in queues for half an hour slowly edging forward for the ferry, queues for the car park in amsterdam etc.

Ruined it on the autobahn haha.. But ended up over 38mpg after 1068 miles of driving..

I'm getting between 39-40 on my drive to work which is 26 miles per way. But this is because everyone wants to sit at less than 60

Darryl_1983

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 Cup
Got 320 miles from full to fuel light coming on, then 340 miles from full to filling up again. £55.50 to fill up at 127p/l, so 35.37 mpg. Computer was actually reading 35.5 mpg, so fairly accurate.

Mostly commuting to and from work mixture of built up areas and country roads, and i drive into nottingham city centre after work at 5.30 to go to the gym, so pretty much start stop once into the centre. Which really brings the mpg down every day, I could easily achieve 40mpg if it wasn't for that.

1.6 Astra Sporthatch
Mk3 1.2, I get around 33-35 it floats around there and mainly small country road driving or driving into town occasionally. Rarely A Roads and almost never motorway journeys.

182 trophy 427
I get around 32 driving normally had as high as 39 driving reli sensibly.
Having a play I have seen it drop to around 12 mpg.

Mk3 dCi 88
Filled up today - regular Shell diesel - 883.9 miles after squeezing 58.5 litres in on the last fill up. Didn't get it quite as full this time so 73.1mpg is a bit higher than the actual mpg (68-70maybe?) Bl00dy boring though ;) Mostly A-road / dual carriageway, not much about town.

Clio 1.6 SI phase 1
Been running a Fuelly on mine since I got it at the end of November. Its average is 48.6mpg based on 1712 miles so far.
Its a mk1 1.2 phase 3.
Autotraders info seem to think a mk1 1.2 can do 49mpg combined so i'm happy with what i'm getting as its 18 years old. same site also thinks it can get 60mpg on a run will have to wait and see for that.