ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The 'What MPG Do You Get?' Thread

jonno_c

ClioSport Club Member
  VW T6
Did a a trip from Ashford, Kent up to Cheam Surrey and managed to get just about 42 mpg exactly each way, in a 05 182, so pretty surprised by that. That was a steady 70/80 all the way. I was shouting at the missus, "We are getting 49mpg in places" which she couldn't have given a toss about ; (

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
I've currently averaging 41.5 - not reset the trip computer for about 2 months now. Thats quite impressive

172 Cup
Averaged 39.8 with mixed driving in the 172 cup! And that was figured out via calculations, trip computers are always ambitious.

RB 182 195bhp
Past 3-4 weeks driving about, not on an economy run, and driving Southampton to Portsmouth 4 days a week at about 75
650 miles in total and got 37.5mpg

Just had the Fuel light come on in the DCI with 96 miles range left, computer saying 647 miles had been covered since I filled it the other week to the first click. Averaged 68odd MPG, was hovering around 75 in some places. :eek: Motorways, country lane blasts, fairly varied!

Was a bit better than usual after running some Forte diesel treatment after seeing a recommendation from Chip.

Renaultsport 197 FF
I cant get 30 MPG from my 197 to save my life it has some thing to do with just having a cave man type urge to turn up the revs you cant beat that sound of a high revving engine so i get 26 from mine at the moment if i wanted a car that gets good MPG i would have a mini cooper d which gets 70+MPG

Bmw e60 m5
Yep it's the v10 n/a the new one is v8 twin turbo, I can get 25+ mpg sat in top gear at a constant 50mph but honestly when do we ever do that, 75 mph with m button not activated 19 mpg, around town it is constantly sat at 11 mpg but and it's a big but , BMW programmed the trip computer to show no lower than 11 mpg so my mind boggles, my days of owning her are now numbered its been 2 years and am looking at the Clio v6 to replace it

BG FF 182
Reset my trip 10 days ago, and apparently i'm averaging 39.7. At first I was like aye right, but I'm not long past half a tank with 240 miles travelled.

MCS 2003
27.8 from Hounslow (well someone has to live there) to Ilford (er ditto) but i think we got blown back in the gales last night so wind power may have contributed

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Straight 6 3.0, 100% town driving gets me about 26, long runs about 38/39. I almost miss a clio from that perspective considering I do an awful lot of in town lately.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Approx 30 in my astra gsi. Anywhere between 300 and 400 mile to a tank depending on how you drive.

330Ci cab
average 22-24 around town, on a run i can get anything between 34-39 max, speed depending.

3 litre 6 pot

Currently rolling (slowly) in a Honda Jazz 1.3 to do a lot of motorway miles.
Averaging 48.6MPG (real, not trip computer calcs) over 14k miles, current tank is almost 60MPG!

RB 182 Cup+ TS 182
Put in that shell nitro+ (99 Ron ) for the first time this week and averaged 43 mpg in my 182 cup. Was 37 mpg on normal 95 Ron.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Here's mine...seems to be getting better as it loosens up.

mpg_zps114c6df5.jpg

ST
Those eco-boost engines seem really good, lass i know has a new Fiesta with the 1.0 eco-boost - 120bhp, goes well for a small engine.

.Joe

ClioSport Club Member
  Mini Clubman
depending on the driving im doing i can see anywhere between 38-50
get around 38-40, normal motorway driving and managed to get and hold a good 50mpg down to durdle door from watford with a completely full car of camping stuff, car doesnt really play nice to the eco runs and ends up making groaning sounds until its had a good bit of downshifting

work for BMW
Anyone know which will do better mpg in real world driving out of the 1.2 mk2 and 1.2 mk3?
I know in my old mk2 I could get up to 55mpg when driving like an angel