ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The 'What MPG Do You Get?' Thread

2000 Clio
Ha, No lead foot but something's wrong because i can smell the un-burnt petrol. no warning lights and it's running perfect in every other way so idk .:S Next service is due in 5k miles so ill change everything and hope that sorts it.

EDIT: Just thinking, the car takes a while to heat up so maybe the thermostat is stuck open and is causing it to burn more petrol? need to get that checked soon

Last edited:
If the gauge gets to Middle it's fine. I would try testing the O2 sensors. My upstream sensor needs replacing causing it to run rich

I'm getting 28mpg ECO driving lmao

Clio 182 - Mini 1989
Got 38 mpg on a long motorway journey with the cruise control set to 75mph
On the way back i got 35 mpg with a faster journey

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
28mpg but driving short distance to work and heavy foot ha ha

Same here currently sitting on 27.9! Haven't been able to give it a long drive for ages :( hopefully going to Scotland later in the year will even it out a bit lol.

STRBramley

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #404
I managed 48mpg on the way down to Santa Pod from Nottingham but I average 29 on my daily commute.

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
29Mpg today but was @ 38 untill i hit heavy traffic. My 40 min commute turned into a 2 hour one because some twonk decided to crash

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
Cars done 230 miles and I have one bar left...
This seems a bit low tbh as I have been driving like an old man.
60mph cruse on motorway and very slow acceleration upto limits in town.

What do others get from a tank when driving like this?

50 L ÷ 260m = 5.2
50 L ÷ 4.5 = 11.1
260 ÷ 11.1 = 23.4
(260 is a final milage estimate)

So that's 23.4mpg. ... which is appalling for driving like an old man. But much better than the 10 mpg I was getting before car was repaired.

Anyone got any ideas on what I can check to attempt to fix this low economy issue?

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
To expand on above.
Car says I'm allways above 30 and normally around 35 to 40mpg. But based on simple calculations it's entirely different story

Renault Master
Bout early to mid 30's always ran on Vpower. Better than my old civic was lucky to get 20 lol.

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
Seems there is a massive variance in the mpg these cars are getting.....

I find it all very odd

2003 172
Seems there is a massive variance in the mpg these cars are getting.....

I find it all very odd
I find mine very predictable, around town 28, dual carriage ways and motorways 38. Also find being a little heavy with right foot doesn't really change this. After having my 172 for 4 months now I'm quite impressed. If you have come from a 1.2 or the likes you may feel RS are a little thirsty but overall brilliant in every way.:)

Clio 172 Flamer
did a 200 mile round trip last night in my 172 phase 2 clio, got 38 mpg out of it, driving sensibly.

I was quite impressed by that.

Exclusive no. 144
Got 40 mpg on a 400 drive (mostly m-way). That was calculated at the pump, the car told me 41 mpg. Quite happy with that from a 13yr old car with 125k on the clock!

Clio 172 (Now 182)
well my 172 averaged slightly better than my current 182. Only difference I can think of is that the 172 had a longlife exhaust and the 182 is standard? but still I get a minimum of 34 mpg

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
I got this today at one point on my drive home back from down south to Leeds. Fairly chuffed but that was taking it super steady on the motorway.

14468850005_5a1ef3a24d_b.jpg