ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The 'What MPG Do You Get?' Thread

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
Did 344 miles before I filled uo with 48.37L
which is approx 32.9mpg

Much better than with old pre cat lambda. Max I got was 270 miles to a tank.

Still a bit below what I want though. Will get timings checked I think.

Clio 1.5 DCI 03
My computer is saying I'm doing about 60mpg.
But then have been on the motorway a lot the past week so that could be why

37.1mpg around town with odd country road.

Weird really as before i had the box rebuilt it struggled to get above 30 even on a run. But its great now lol probably helped with me setting the tracking right

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
Got the stock exhaust fitted. (genuine)

Computer says 34.9Mpg. Just stuck some petrol in and it stopped me @ 6.75L which is 1.484Gallons.
I had done 52.3Miles

52.3 / 1.484 = 35.2......

So wow... Its close to exact. Did the genuine exhaust fix something?

Put in my order for Unlocking rstuner. Will see what the 98ron map does with Momentum99 fuel

Mk2 172
Stuck about 40 litres in when the light came on at 300 miles. Works out about 33 mpg which is mostly a road driving. Trip computer is sat at. 31.9 currently.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Put in a new lambda sensor and the fuel economy seems to have dropped massively for my first journey with it. I'm guessing it's to do with the computer adjusting to receiving the correct amount of fuel now.

celicaturbolly

ClioSport Club Member
  Kona , Old Defender
Had the 182 a couple of weeks now, with mostly motorway cruising and a few a/b road blasts have averaged 34.7mpg on current tank

Titanium 182
After driving home from Coventry to Blackpool at 70-75mpg I averaged 38mpg. Now doing some really short journeys around town I'm getting 28mpg. Need to get a push bike for these short trips lol

2004 Clio dCi 100
Getting approx 50mpg from a remapped 2004 DCI 100, so basically twice what I was getting from my R53 supercharged Cooper S, and not even 'that' much slower (I tell myself)

Glad to see 182s getting in the 30s, might get one

Cio 172 Cup,Porsche
In the 50 limit bits of the motorway, get 49mpg, dropping to 42-43 cruising around 70ish. 7.1 mpg in an Autosolo

Clio 182 FF
257692.png

2003 172
RS clio are brill, the faster you go the less fuel you use. Reset your trip and see.lol. I hammer mine all the time and still get around 28 mpg.

Mini GP2
RS clio are brill, the faster you go the less fuel you use. Reset your trip and see.lol. I hammer mine all the time and still get around 28 mpg.
I have re set the trip; i don't get any more than 24 round town. I get 19-21 if i go to North Wales and early 30's on the motorway.

BG 182
33mpg on a daily drive with some spirited driving, drove 100 round trip with cruise control and hit around 42mpg.

Only use 98/99ron and pretty sure 98ron map from previous owner.

Did a 600 mile round trip to North Wales from London coming back via South Wales with motorway traffic, country lanes, 4 adult passengers and a full boot.

40.2 mpg :approve:

The 182 is awesome.

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
These numbers, Are you getting them from maths @ the pump or looking at the Display?

For me the display is showing 25% more than it actually gets. Without fail!

An example.

Say your computer says 40Mpg.

That would mean to a full tank you will be getting 480Miles. Or if you fill when the light pops up around 410 miles.
(based on 55L tank, 4.54L per Uk Gal. 12.1Gal per 1*2 Tank. Light comes on when 1Gal left Approx)

I can say for sure you will find that you will get around 300-350Miles from that tank and not 400. Unless you do and you have some sorta super car which you should sell to me asap ;P

Don't get this thread locked too!

We know your car has MPG issues, doesn't mean the rest of the Clios do ;)

I agree the trip is most likely out, but good enough for most people ^^

On another note - around 27mpg this morning, hate it when it's busy and you have to go 40mph in Nationals, and then overtake.

On clear roads I easily hit 33, because I don't have to slow down for morons.

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
Don't get this thread locked too!

We know your car has MPG issues, doesn't mean the rest of the Clios do ;)

I agree the trip is most likely out, but good enough for most people ^^

On another note - around 27mpg this morning, hate it when it's busy and you have to go 40mph in Nationals, and then overtake.

On clear roads I easily hit 33, because I don't have to slow down for morons.

They all do Damit!

Thinking the above makes me feel a little better :)

Dannyeff

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 trophy
mines is a little off - mines said i have 100 miles left but when i turn upto work ( 10 miles away ) my petrol light is on lol... nightmare

Say your computer says 40Mpg.

That would mean to a full tank you will be getting 480Miles. Or if you fill when the light pops up around 410 miles.
(based on 55L tank, 4.54L per Uk Gal. 12.1Gal per 1*2 Tank. Light comes on when 1Gal left Approx)

You are probably right, although I may have got 380 from top to bottom without the light going on, can't remember now. Only use about a tank a month but will do it by the pump next time..

I used to get 40 ~ 42MPG in my standard trim 1.2, however since fitting 15" OZ F1's that has dropped to an average of about 38MPG.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Normally get around 25 as I do a lot of sitting in traffic. Normally get around 40mpg on the motorway, although I did once manage 52 coming back from Exeter - that was trying though.

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
I am getting around 30, and I take it easy most of the time, that is backwards and forwards to work in traffic....

Willo

Clio 172 Cup
Best out of a tank that I was willing to risk was 415 miles.

I achieved 50+ mpg on a trip to Lyme Regis (late at night, lazy throttle no braking)

My current is 42.2mpg 172 cup (with 98 ron map)

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
31mpg now the kids are back at school 😧

I can also smell petrol

Exactly the same.
And i can smell fuel - Fuel lines are fine, tank is fine, Plastic filling pipe to tank is fine and no smell in engine bay so it must be the tank simply venting