ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The 'What MPG Do You Get?' Thread

Flame 172 (Ph2)
I'm a new owner, so struggling not to drive enthusiatically, so I'm hovering around the 32 mpg mark. If I drove any of my old cars like this I'd be hovering around the 20 mpg mark, and they weren't much (if at all in the case of the E46 325i) quicker either!

Bloody love this thing.

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
About 25 MPG the trip computer on a clio is about as accurate as stevie wonder doing clay pigeon shooting lol

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
reset the trip after filling tank this morning, did the normal work commute of 12 miles and its now sat up at 46.5mpg :)

Monaco 172
filed mine up tonight £63.47. === trip when empty read 437 miles.

so in my eyes, a cheap motor to run!

pipercross filter, everything standard, heavy right foot.

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
My 200 is staring to loosen up now, it's on 7K.

Averaging 38-39mpg on my commute to work.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
How you have the patience for that is beyond me Mark.

You musn't let it see above 2.5k in any gear, am I right?

Mostly, but there's a few overtakes in there as well.

I keep up with traffic (if there is any) otherwise I just plod along at 50-60mph and make it a mission to not use the brakes...so coming off the throttle early whenever I see a potential hazard.

I have managed my 26 mile commute home with only 7 presses of the middle pedal in total before LOL.

Also, the reality is, any additional progress I make by accelerating harder/cruising faster is lost at each village/tractor I come across so it's kind of pointless.

Latest update for me, every fill-up recorded since I got the car on December 3rd and real MPG calculated (not the overly pessimistic on-board trip computer);

Slide1-4.jpg

Slide2-4.jpg

Ged

PD130 Peach
Nice outing this morning. My house to sacristan near Durham, 32 miles and averaged 75.6mpg from cold start to destination including a fuel stop.

Love my dci. :)

Clio 1.2 16V
Clio 1.2 16V will easily do 43mpg (trip) doing 65ish. Normal town driving will get about 38 seeing as they need a little work to get going!

lambpie

ClioSport Club Member
  PH2 Clio 172
I've seen 42mpg on a motorway run, tend to average 35mpg. (172 ff)

Readings from the onboard computer..

Makes me wonder what a stripped out 172 cup could manage on a long run, 50mpg+?

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
I got 41.3 on a short A road trip, i was going about 50 and really nursing it up!! thats as high as i got before i had to turn off! lol

1.2 16v Clio dynamiq
mines 38+ sometimes get 40 just for driving from work and back and driving around, i do kayak as well witch means boat on the roof and kit in the back, plus my sub.. if im sticking to a certain speed ie 60 I can usually get 32mpg.. not the best.. fill up every 5 days usually costs £40 :)

Chris

Pauleds

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc Dueliner sport
15mpg on the last road rally I did. Had a misfire all night but kept it revving! Exhaust got that hot it melted the underseal as well as my warning triangle I had in the boot and tried to set fire to the spill kit that was in there too. Thought there was a funny smell but didnt look in the boot until the finish.

I have just sold my vectra 2.2 Sri that average 32mpg with my lead foot so going to use the Clio for a bit so hope to get the same or better mpg now the misfire is fixed.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
The wife's tCe does 43mpg and seems to run everywhere in a month on £30 but the Laguna only manages 32-36mpg (it has claimed 42.4mpg on a run with cruise on but I do t believe it).

RB 182
around 30mpg with short trips, but upto about 45mpg on long journeys!

either way. good for what it is!

RS Clio 200
Getting about 25mpg atm increased slightly using Shell V-Power.. have manged 35mpg on a tank being extremely economical.. This is with an RS200.

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
Was on Tesco normal averaged 35.4 on my work commute.
gone back to momentum, 37.1 mpg

in my R.S 200

Clio RS200
Im doing more and more miles at work so im tempted to oust the 200 and get a diesel.......never owned one but its getting to the point where its needed.

A nice Audi A4 or BMW 320D does 50mpg average and performance figures are not exactly poor.

Never thought I would get a Audi/BMW or even a diesel but more miles each month is edging me closer towards it :(

Combined driving I get 27-28mpg.

I could double that almost with a diesel.

Pauleds

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc Dueliner sport
Well im using the Cup daily now, new leads and coil pack so missfire gone and im averaging 32mpg. I was hoping for a bit more really considering my commute is a 42 mile round trip on by-pass / duel carriageway and I was getting more from the 2.2 SRi vectra that ive just sold.
Might get a remap and stick it on the rollers to make sure its all setup ok

MK3 Clio DCI 86
With the temps going near 0 recently my MPG has taken a nose dive :( Hate this time of year for MPGs. Guess the car has to work harder to warm up thus reducing fuel efficiency ?

Clio tce
Trip reads over 50mph now after the ktec remap, very good when driven gently, not bad for 1.2 with 163bhp. almost like a diesel...