ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The XBox One Thread

dk

911 GTS Cab
We'll let dk be the judge of that.
I'm still loving the fact that my PS4 always has the best graphics for games.

ive not even turned my xbox one on this year, i have no need for it with the PS4.

read that the xbox without kinect is able to provide 10% more GPU power, so it won't be long before kinect is ditched by many developers in return for a graphics boost.

I have no wish to control my sky box through my xbox, why would i want both devices on just to watch tv, they should stick to being games machines and get that bit right before they try and take on the world.

update is hardly epic, did it bring better graphics, no, removing kinect is all they needed for that! Maybe if they removed all this extra s**te to control sky boxes we would have even more graphics power to give it a better gaming experience.

Nippy white cup
To be fair if you haven't turned it on for 6 months you won't have had the numerous small updates that have added features and improved things gradually.

I like the kinect side of things (more the voice control tbh) and if the difference in graphics is as barely noticeable as it has been upto now (regardless of the numbers it is f**k all in real terms unless you have them running side by side) then I'm more than happy to 'lose' 10% graphical power. But that's just my option lol

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
I'm still loving the fact that my PS4 always has the best graphics for games.

ive not even turned my xbox one on this year, i have no need for it with the PS4.

read that the xbox without kinect is able to provide 10% more GPU power, so it won't be long before kinect is ditched by many developers in return for a graphics boost.

I have no wish to control my sky box through my xbox, why would i want both devices on just to watch tv, they should stick to being games machines and get that bit right before they try and take on the world.

update is hardly epic, did it bring better graphics, no, removing kinect is all they needed for that! Maybe if they removed all this extra s**te to control sky boxes we would have even more graphics power to give it a better gaming experience.

Let's be honest DK, the graphics difference is hardly massive, in fact most wouldn't notice a difference unless both were being played side by side.

If graphics mean that much to you I suggest you get yourself a gaming PC as it'll piss on the both consoles from a great height.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Need to actually pull my finger out and buy one of these now. Persuading the missus with kinect fitness s**t is helping lol.

SQ5
That's tempting to max the credit card out! Don't think I could convince the missus its a better idea than saving for wedding though!

dk

911 GTS Cab
Let's be honest DK, the graphics difference is hardly massive, in fact most wouldn't notice a difference unless both were being played side by side.

If graphics mean that much to you I suggest you get yourself a gaming PC as it'll piss on the both consoles from a great height.
While that might be true, when I do have both consoles, I'd be mad not to buy a multiplatform game on the 'better' console.

With thy hindsight, I'd should have just purchased the ps4, and then the xbox once a killer title had been released, but that is with hindsight. My next game will be another ps4 game, the last of us, as it never played more than a few hours on ps3, even though I loved it I just didn't get time, so I'll be purchasing it again.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
While that might be true, when I do have both consoles, I'd be mad not to buy a multiplatform game on the 'better' console.

With thy hindsight, I'd should have just purchased the ps4, and then the xbox once a killer title had been released, but that is with hindsight. My next game will be another ps4 game, the last of us, as it never played more than a few hours on ps3, even though I loved it I just didn't get time, so I'll be purchasing it again.

Personally I don't see the need to own both, not yet anyway.

I prefer the X1 for the superior controller and the fact that my friends all own X1s.

If you're judging the superiority on graphics alone then you're best off buying a gaming PC as tbh both the X1 and PS4 are pap in comparison.

SQ5
I think the only way to pick a console these days is what your friends have. Most games are played as a Multiplayer nowadays, so makes sense if they've all got an X1 you get it too.

dk

911 GTS Cab
I don't want the hassle of owning a PC, issues with graphics card compatibility, drivers etc.

i want hassle free, buy a game, know it will work without upgrades or spending more money on cards, and plays on my tv.

so as I play on the tv I don't need anything above 1080p.

i bought both consoles so I wouldn't miss out on any game and could buy multiplatform games on the system with the better content or graphics for that game, I just didn't know it would be so one sided.

Anyway, I'm sure there'll be a game I want soon enough and I'll bring it out of retirement.

Honda. Tesla Someday
*yawn*

Wake me up when DK quits coming to this thread for the sole purpose of bashing the X1...

You said yourself you haven't even switched it on this year... why continue the lease then if thats what you are really doing? Also seeing as you haven't switched it on, you have no clue how the updates have made any difference...

You're quite simply a fanboy. I don't care if you 'own both', everyone here can see the fact that you just b!tch compulsively about the X1. I see this on Facebook Xbox updates and you are no different to the rest of them.

WTF am I doing anyways, no point feeding the troll I should know better!

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
I must admit since I got a wii u as a birthday present the xbox has been gathering dust!

I'm just waiting until they release some decent bloody games!

Rav4
I am still un-decided what to get.

Always been a PS guy, but the Xbox one, with the multimedia element of it, really does win me.

Not bothered about this whole 10% better graphics here or there, it's about the experience so to speak.

Only issue, here in Australia they are a lot more expensive than the UK.

Decisions!

Honda. Tesla Someday
LOL!

By the way guys, Xbox E3 conference live at 4PM!

Watch live on your 360 or Xbox One with the event player! Should be good!

Honda. Tesla Someday
It starts at 5pm - apparently they didn't take in to account the daylight hours etc! All websites at reporting 5pm UK time now!

Cupra
I am still un-decided what to get.

Always been a PS guy, but the Xbox one, with the multimedia element of it, really does win me.

Not bothered about this whole 10% better graphics here or there, it's about the experience so to speak.

Only issue, here in Australia they are a lot more expensive than the UK.

Decisions!

What multimedia element? There is no multimedia aside from subscriptions. If you want to use your own media/ NAS then it does f**k all.

1.8 Civic EX
Just tuned in. Oh look, another call of duty game......joy! And they have jet packs just like titanfall :rolleyes:

What multimedia element? There is no multimedia aside from subscriptions. If you want to use your own media/ NAS then it does f**k all.

Thats all changed in the recent up date has it not?

Last edited:
  1.8 Civic EX
Nope lol

cod
forza horizon 2 (nurburgring available on forza 5 free from today)
assassins creed unity
evolve
dragon age inquisition
sunset overdrive

so far

Last edited: