ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The XBox One Thread

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
I like the way the latest xbox advert keeps switching on my Xbox lol...

"Xbox ON".

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Decent games?

June
-

July
-

August
-

September
FIFA 15
Destiny (possibly)
Forza Horizon 2

October
Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel

November
Far Cry 4 (if it's not delayed)
Halo: Master Chief Collection

December
Battlefield: Hardline

banther

ClioSport Club Member
Added to

June
-

July
-

August
-

September
FIFA 15
Destiny (possibly)
Forza Horizon 2

October
Sunset Overdrive

November

December

AK

M240i
Decent games?

June
-

July
-

August
-

September
FIFA 15
Destiny (possibly)
Forza Horizon 2

October

November

December

No idea why you've got Battlefield Hardline in there. At all. None.

1.8 Civic EX
I like the way the latest xbox advert keeps switching on my Xbox lol...

"Xbox ON".

Yeah it did that to mine the other day. At least Xbox turn off still works.

Started to get slightly annoyed by the advert turning my xbox on.

Ditto... it's done it some 4-5 times over the last couple of days whilst watching the TV. :clown::mad:

I thought this was just some dumb publicity thing, are you guys jumping on the bandwagon or has it genuinly done this?
Have you thought about recalibrating the sensor?
I've seen the advert several times and it's never had any effect on my console, yet it recognises my voice and the other halfs perfectly fine. The Sensor is siting on top of my tv and the audio is played through a 5.1 system. No issues at all.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
I thought this was just some dumb publicity thing, are you guys jumping on the bandwagon or has it genuinly done this?
I've seen the advert several times and it's never had any effect on my console, yet it recognises my voice and the other halfs perfectly fine. The Sensor is siting on top of my tv and the audio is played through a 5.1 system. No issues at all.
Genuinely did it. My kinect sits at the bottom of the tv, right in line with the built in speakers. It's not exactly an issue though

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
No, no bandwagon jumping. Just annoying. My sensor sits at the bottom of the tv and Kinect picks up the command whether audio is through the tv or surround sound system. Yep, calibrated it several times and no difference. Fifa14 is also a problem when it erroneously picks up on the commentary!

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63

Mine turns on every time the advert gets played.

It seems to recognise the doods American accent far better than my own lol.

None issue though, in fact I find it quite funny!

Got to be a publicity stunt, clever one too.

1.8 Civic EX
Must be to do with the placement of the sensor then I guess.

From a publicity point of view it is rather clever, they blatently got the idea for that fella who changed his GamerTag to XboxTurnOff,and uploaded the vid of him pissing people off on COD.

Yeah the search idea could be supprisingly good. They could show an advert for a new game, and part of the ad would be xbox search *new game* and it links off to the demo or a games webiste or something without you having to touch a button.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Must be to do with the placement of the sensor then I guess.

From a publicity point of view it is rather clever, they blatently got the idea for that fella who changed his GamerTag to XboxTurnOff,and uploaded the vid of him pissing people off on COD.

Yeah the search idea could be supprisingly good. They could show an advert for a new game, and part of the ad would be xbox search *new game* and it links off to the demo or a games webiste or something without you having to touch a button.

Last edited by a moderator:
  Honda. Tesla Someday
$4.99 for 4 hours gameplay on Playstation Now... LOL WTF!

PSnow.jpg

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah seems pretty expensive.
I know the prices start at $2.99 and will be set by publishers. I imagine a lot of them will go for the higher end of the price scale.
Sony should have made the option to add this to ps+ for an extra charge instead of charging for each game, which I think they might do in the future.

dk

911 GTS Cab
$4.99 for 4 hours gameplay on Playstation Now... LOL WTF!

View attachment 112091
think you're in the wrong thread, this is the xbox thread..........

and FWIW, i don't think thats too bad, its about £17 for 3 months play, I've never really played a game personally for more than 3 months, yet that game would have cost me £40.

So i'd rather pay that than full price for a game, and the short hours is good if you just want to give it a go and not spend £40 when you might not like it.

how many xbox 360 games can you play on the xbox one? oh right, sorry.

and if you compare it to the cost of renting a film, so a 2 hour film is say £3-4, this is 4 hrs for the same price.......

dk

911 GTS Cab
Well that I would agree with, although it has only just launched in the us, so I'm sure if the pricing is too high and nobody pays it, then it will have been reduced by the time it gets launched here, if people are willing to pay it though.....

i mean look at gta5, I'll be buying that again on the ps4 for probably £50, so playing it on Now for 3 months is a cheaper prospect.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
To be fair, most of the chat on here is started by fake dk ;) and his excitement at every Microsoft update.
Sony haven't had any major updates so there's been nothing to discuss. They launched a pretty much ready to go console...
The games usually have their own thread too.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
To be fair, most of the chat on here is started by fake dk ;) and his excitement at every Microsoft update.
Sony haven't had any major updates so there's been nothing to discuss. They launched a pretty much ready to go console...
The games usually have their own thread too.

Fanboi.

Honda. Tesla Someday
Lol at 'DK' saying this is an Xbox thread when he bangs on about his precious PS4 all day long!

Like I said before, we are sick of your crap, move on.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Lol at 'DK' saying this is an Xbox thread when he bangs on about his precious PS4 all day long!

Like I said before, we are sick of your crap, move on.
i'm here all day, and all week, and all month for that matter, having invested in the product i like to see what epic updates its getting, one day i'll get an update worth a mention I'm hoping.

you're the idiot slagging off the PS4 in the xbox thread, why didn't you post it in there instead?

Honda. Tesla Someday
i'm here all day, and all week, and all month for that matter, having invested in the product i like to see what epic updates its getting, one day i'll get an update worth a mention I'm hoping.

you're the idiot slagging off the PS4 in the xbox thread, why didn't you post it in there instead?

LoL rich coming from you! Get real! You're a complete and utter fool, honestly people like you are just a waste of oxygen. OMFG I showed something bad about the ps4 and you act like I've just assaulted your family! I am so full of sin blaspheming against your holy playstation!! May I be doomed for all eternity! :eek:

You're a total hypocrite and anyone in their right mind can see that you're just a typical blind fanboy with nothing between his ears. It's a games console... Are you financially or spiritually invested in Sony and the playstation?? Seems so... Seriously eurgh.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
LoL rich coming from you! Get real! You're a complete and utter fool, honestly people like you are just a waste of oxygen. OMFG I showed something bad about the ps4 and you act like I've just assaulted your family! I am so full of sin blaspheming against your holy playstation!! May I be doomed for all eternity! :eek:

You're a total hypocrite and anyone in their right mind can see that you're just a typical blind fanboy with nothing between his ears. It's a games console... Are you financially or spiritually invested in Sony and the playstation?? Seems so... Seriously eurgh.
Ultimate irony bomb?