ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The XBox One Thread

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
I thought things like iplayer that was already on the 360 would have been on the x1 at launch. seems strange that your buying a better system but it does less! I got my 360 going via the HDMI so all good :)

I thought things like iplayer that was already on the 360 would have been on the x1 at launch. seems strange that your buying a better system but it does less! I got my 360 going via the HDMI so all good :)
Its not really strange. Its simple, Sky and BBC weren't ready to release these apps at the launch of the Xbox One.

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
Its not really strange. Its simple, Sky and BBC weren't ready to release these apps at the launch of the Xbox One.

yes but I thought xbox would have include a simple emulator to be able to use the 360 apps on the x1; its not as if it would have need to cope with the same performance issues as a fully fledged game etc.

Yaris Hybrid
I've had to disconnect my Sky box from the Xbox.

It was absolutely fine until a week ago when it downloaded the latest patch.

Once the patch had complete I found that TV footage (most noticeable on motor racing) appeared to be running at like 15fps. It was almost as if it was out of sync or something and occasionally it would snap back and look smooth again.

F1 quali yesterday was just unwatchable to I connected the Sky box directly.

Games and Netflix did not appear to suffer the same issue. I checked all the settings such as the 50hz mode (the problem was nothing like the old 50hz judder anyway) and I'd naturally rebooted everything but nothing solved it.

I just found out that this problem wasn't just me; it was a well known issue.

MS released a patch just a couple of days after the main late August patch that screwed up my TV app. Unfortunately at the point I gave up and disconnected the Sky box from the XO the patch was still in beta.

I turned my XO on for the first time in a fortnight last night and it downloaded what I believe was around a 300mb patch and it fixed the problem.

Kind of weird that it was a well known issue but I was the only one here that noticed it. I guess most of you have access to the beta patches so would only have had the fault for a couple of days and as I say it was only noticeable on some channels like watching F1 or the MotoGP on Sky/BT.

Is MKV now supported over DLNA? DLNA works fine on my One, but still MKV isn't showing.

Anyone got it to work?

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR

Same here... it's the only thing holding me back from making a purchase. Same deal on PlayStation though!

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
yes but I thought xbox would have include a simple emulator to be able to use the 360 apps on the x1; its not as if it would have need to cope with the same performance issues as a fully fledged game etc.
Emulation would be nice, but it's not a trivial thing to implement mate. The hardware architectures are significantly different and emulation is orders of magnitude slower in terms of performance (even on simple things). It wouldn't make sense for Microsoft (or Sky, BBC, etc.) to invest time, money and resources on both emulated and non-emulated implementations.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
You can right click and use Play To (or something similar) if you're running Windows 8 to an Xbox One... but I'd never trust streaming, just isn't reliable enough.

You can right click and use Play To (or something similar) if you're running Windows 8 to an Xbox One... but I'd never trust streaming, just isn't reliable enough.

You don't trust streaming in general, or from W8 to X1?

I'm still trying to work out how to get the X1 to see my MKV files.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
In general...

Tried it from my PS3 many times and it always breaks up. Can't even simply 'copy' from PS3 over Wi-Fi, always fails. Streaming 4oD or iPlayer never makes it a full programme either, this is on multiple devices and using different connections in more than one house! I think they should have waited another 5 years before all this s**t started coming out lol. My home connection is 14Mb/s btw and I just got a brand new router and AirPort Express a few months ago.

I've got my chromecast plugged into the hdmi. Absolutely brilliant for streaming, even with this update I reckon I will continue with the chromecast. I like the library. I always had problems with the play to option.

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
In general...

Tried it from my PS3 many times and it always breaks up. Can't even simply 'copy' from PS3 over Wi-Fi, always fails. Streaming 4oD or iPlayer never makes it a full programme either, this is on multiple devices and using different connections in more than one house! I think they should have waited another 5 years before all this s**t started coming out lol. My home connection is 14Mb/s btw and I just got a brand new router and AirPort Express a few months ago.

never had any problems with 4oD,iplayer, Netflix or lovefilm. I see no reason for them to have waited another 5 years, millions are watching Netflix without issues...

banther

ClioSport Club Member
I've got my chromecast plugged into the hdmi. Absolutely brilliant for streaming, even with this update I reckon I will continue with the chromecast. I like the library. I always had problems with the play to option.

I have a chromecast but its plugged into the TV - is there any advantage to switching it over to the Xbox? #noob

In general...

Sounds like you're doing something wrong.

I stream almost daily to an ATV3 from a media PC (glorified NAS). TV episodes around 1GB, movies around 9GB each. No problems for me.

Obviously my internet speed has nothing to do with it, and my router is a free Sky one. My office router makes a HUGE difference however (Draytek Vigor 2830), so maybe your router is to blame or file size too big?

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
never had any problems with 4oD,iplayer, Netflix or lovefilm. I see no reason for them to have waited another 5 years, millions are watching Netflix without issues...

Well my girlfriend has Netflix and a 40Mb/s line... it still stalls a few times each showing. It's liveable, definitely, but not perfect. We even have this guy at work with a 150Mb/s fibre optic line who stays streaming still stalls for him too! So I'm definitely, definitely not alone here. I'm glad lots of people manage fine, but I'm just saying the technology hasn't been perfected yet, imo.

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
Well my girlfriend has Netflix and a 40Mb/s line... it still stalls a few times each showing. It's liveable, definitely, but not perfect. We even have this guy at work with a 150Mb/s fibre optic line who stays streaming still stalls for him too! So I'm definitely, definitely not alone here. I'm glad lots of people manage fine, but I'm just saying the technology hasn't been perfected yet, imo.

Are you all using the same exchange? Could be a fault a the exchange if so. We quite often have Netflix playing upstairs and downstairs simultaneously and still don't get any issues. I'm with BT, with an average of 16Mbps. Very occasionally the stream will self throttle down and the quality will be reduced to SD or 320x244 worst case, but that is very rare. Do you have a Belkin router? These are notorious for dropping out on the ADSL connection...

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
This is two completely different houses, she's with Virgin, and I'm with EE. It was the same on my old router, brand new router, and I even borrowed a mate's for trial. I've also connected to my iPhone 5S over the 4G hotspot (where I get around the same kind of speeds of 14Mb/s)

Did actually have a problem a while back where my line was reduced to 2Mb/s and they sent out a BT engineer to work on the exchange, fault was their end, however that's now sorted. I get streaming issues just from one PC to another (when I used one as a media server) gave up in the end and chucked everything on an SD card! Much more reliable :)

Monaro VXR
Quick question. Anyone in the preview and running the latest preview firmware and connected to an AVR with their One?

I'm experiencing some rather big bugs. Filed reports so hopefully this doesn't go out. As right now when waking up from standby it doesn't always work. I get a black screen and working sound. Or sound and messed up visuals.

Only way to fix it is full reset by pressing and holding power button on the console. Then starting back up. Was wondering if anyone else has any issues?

1.8 Civic EX
IMG_20140920_101718.jpg

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
New far cry? Was absolutely hooked on the last one.

Got a list building for when I buy the one too, forza 5, project cars and far cry 4 and maybe horizon 2. Need to stop being a tight arse!

Monaro VXR
What AVR do you have?

Onkyo TX-NR616. Used to have some issues but firmware update fixed those ages ago. This is a recent issue that seems to be related to the One some how.

Receiver is saying it's getting a 1080P signal. Often completely black, I tried unplugging the HDMI cable and plugging it back in as a trial and error kind of thing. It got picture but it had graphical glitches that reminded me of a GPU overheating.

Just a full proper turn off and restart fixes it every time with the Xbox.

Think it's basically just down to the preview firmware on the One. Has some other issues at moment as well. Filed a big report with MS anyway.

SQ5
Do you have a pass through option on the AVR or have tried plugging straight into the TV just to eliminate the AVR issue?

You have done the right thing by providing feedback. If you are running preview then that is where you are expected to report issues. No point in asking people that are running different software to you.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Ordered one finally.

Xbox One + Fifa 15 + Extra controller for £349 from The Hut.

SQ5
Just ordered XBO and Forza Horizon 2 for £319 from Tesco, also had an email saying if I sign in/purchase a One I will get 50000 reward points from Microsoft which basically works out to a free game!