ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The XBox One Thread

Honda. Tesla Someday
Yep - 2pm UK time! It's being done by Digital Foundry on Eurogamer!

Risky move for Microsoft as Digital Foundry WILL be honest with their views and they are freaking amazing when analysing hardware!

Microsoft must be pretty damn confident to do this!

Clio
Yep - 2pm UK time! It's being done by Digital Foundry on Eurogamer!

Risky move for Microsoft as Digital Foundry WILL be honest with their views and they are freaking amazing when analysing hardware!

Microsoft must be pretty damn confident to do this!
They haven't sent you one to review?

Honda. Tesla Someday
They haven't sent you one to review?

I wish!!! If it ever happens I'll give you a shout out! Haha

Buzzing. I don't think it will be that different to the One really.

Well we already know it's 100% backward compatible with all Xbox One / back compatible 360 games + all games will work on every Xbox One and Scorpio. Main difference we know of so far is it will be 6+ Teraflops on compute power. For reference, the standard Xbox One is 1.3 teraflops. Meaning the Scorpio really is a beast in terms of power, definitely the most powerful console ever by far!

They haven't finished the box design yet

This actually made me laugh lol! Thank you!! I do appreciate good packaging!

Honda. Tesla Someday
HOLY CHRIST!

Microsoft has seriously BLOWN MY DAMN MIND with the Xbox One scorpio reveal! This is by FAR the most powerful console! The architecture is beautiful and the logic behind it is genius! This is incredible!!

Confirmed 43% more powerful than a PS4 Pro.

Not just that - this thing is so damn clever in its design and refinement that it's actually unprecedented the way they have achieved the goal of true 4K gaming at 60fps on a console.

I am so happy I could actually cry, this my fellow games, is the Xbox One Scorpio we wanted

See video below of the official tech analysis! It's outstanding!! I will be making a video with all my thoughts when I get home from work!

Also go to Eurogamer.net for 5 articles about the arhurecture! This is freaking brilliant!!!

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
It's the one I wanted but I bet it's not the price I want.

I bought a day one Xbox One, They've had big money from me already!

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Still torn on whether I'll bother with Scorpio. Current TV is 1080p and no real plans to replace it (it's 2 years old and still perfect - wasn't cheap tbh)

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
HOLY CHRIST!

Microsoft has seriously BLOWN MY DAMN MIND with the Xbox One scorpio reveal! This is by FAR the most powerful console! The architecture is beautiful and the logic behind it is genius! This is incredible!!

Confirmed 43% more powerful than a PS4 Pro.

Not just that - this thing is so damn clever in its design and refinement that it's actually unprecedented the way they have achieved the goal of true 4K gaming at 60fps on a console.

I am so happy I could actually cry, this my fellow games, is the Xbox One Scorpio we wanted

See video below of the official tech analysis! It's outstanding!! I will be making a video with all my thoughts when I get home from work!

Also go to Eurogamer.net for 5 articles about the arhurecture! This is freaking brilliant!!!

That's all well and good having so much power, but what does that actually mean, or what does it do that the Xbox one doesn't?

malcolmgt

ClioSport Club Member
  MK Golf GTI
in two minds, will need to upgrade TV before then to make most of it.
Wasn't the Xbox one like £400 when it first came out. I can imagine this being the first half a tonne console!

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Still torn on whether I'll bother with Scorpio. Current TV is 1080p and no real plans to replace it (it's 2 years old and still perfect - wasn't cheap tbh)
Same, I can't see me getting a new TV this year, so for me, a Scorpio would be pretty pointless ATM. Plus I barely play my XBO as it is!

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I think I've only touched my xbox about 2 or 3 times this year tbh. That aside will it have its own games? Not looked into it at all I will admit but as long as you can play the same games I wouldn't be too bothered about the upgrade seen as the enjoyment of the game is more important to me than visuals.

Also got a hd tv in the last few years which is pretty good and its not like there's room for it in the bedroom to justify an upgrade any time soon.

malcolmgt

ClioSport Club Member
  MK Golf GTI
b24ff9e0f9177a50217ad6ee7504f57d.jpg

Chris V6 255

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 255, 182 Trophy
Can't wait for Scorpio! Will be a fitting replacement for my Day One Xbox.
Gonna have to upgrade the TV too lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
I don't get this 4K b****cks.

My top of the range, end of line Panasonic plasma kills most 4K TVs for quality. I certainly won't be buying a 4K tv to replace it anytime soon.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Scorpio will quite happily run on a 1080p tv as well as a 4K... a 4K set is not mandatory. Those on a 1080p set will still see improvements from the boost in performance and DSR. It will be interesting to see how many titles run at 30fps and how many at 60fps when at the full 4K though.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Scorpio will quite happily run on a 1080p tv as well as a 4K... a 4K set is not mandatory. Those on a 1080p set will still see improvements from the boost in performance and DSR. It will be interesting to see how many titles run at 30fps and how many at 60fps when at the full 4K though.

Bingo.

Just how many games will actually be able to push through that frame rate at that resolution?

malcolmgt

ClioSport Club Member
  MK Golf GTI
Went to a friends and saw the XBOX one s for the first time. Such a good size compared to the normal one.
Anyone upgraded. Im tempted to get one, put it in lounge and move my one to my bedroom and just not use my xbox 360.
Probably should just wait till scorpio really.

JP83

South Central-Oxfordshire
ClioSport Area Rep
Went to a friends and saw the XBOX one s for the first time. Such a good size compared to the normal one.
Anyone upgraded. Im tempted to get one, put it in lounge and move my one to my bedroom and just not use my xbox 360.

We moved from a One, to a One S back in November (Black Friday deal). Not a huge difference to be honest.
No massive power brick, and a smaller unit as you said. Reverted back to a traditional "push" type power button on the front on the console.

We did get a 4K telly at the same time. If you haven't got one, I'd say it's not worth it.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Just how many games will actually be able to push through that frame rate at that resolution?
In an ideal world... all of 'em :p

Interestingly there is no requirement for native 4k games to run at 60fps. It may well be that some titles / engines run at 4k/30fps whereas some games may upscale to 4k and hit the 60fps range. At the moment it's hard to gauge just how much the driver and data transfer overhead has been reduced and how much of a real-world impact this will have. It looks good for Turn 10 and Forza but - sadly - not all developers enjoy the same relationship with Microsoft (or have the resources to make the changes to their own frameworks). Indications suggest that it's fairly simple to take advantage of the "hardware-based" DX12 driver... assuming your game engine is already running on DX12 of course. For those who need to upgrade to DX12 then the workload is somewhat more significant!

Either way, I'm looking forward to having a play on a finalised (release) unit once they become available. Roll on Christmas :)

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
I upgraded from a launch One, to a One S last year. It's a nicer looking console, a little quieter, and as @JP83 says, it's got a proper push button now - so when your Mrs is dusting, she won't turn it on by accident.

The issue I have was that I rarely have time to play my Xbox now, so having 2 is an even bigger waste of money really

Clio
Does the One have the same HDMI cable connections as the original? Could I just swap it in without needing to route new cables to the TV?