ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The XBox One Thread

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
How's everyone else's controller wearing?

My left stick how lots of play on the X axis and actually wobbles when you hold it between your fingers.

The controllers feels really cheap IMO.

PS4 destroys the One controller. :(

BMW M4; S1000 RR
As far as build quality I think Sony have always had the edge to be honest. I probably had 10 separate 360 controllers and I would say 1 of them was good quality as far as the analogue sticks are concerned.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Take the left stick between your thumb and forefinger and move it on the X axis. That movement shouldn't happen. :(

They all do it too. Gash.

Monaro VXR
No issues with my One controller. PS4 the right stick isn't quite right on the Y axis. However, not noticeable in game. Didn't even notice till I compared the two pads just now.

Honda. Tesla Someday
Been playing my Xbox one since day 1 and have 2 day one controllers, both working perfectly and still look as new after tonnes of use.

Mito Sportiva 135
I can't see how anyone could possibly say the Xbox controllers are bad quality. I dropped a 360 controller out a second floor window (by accident of course!) onto concrete below. Apart from the battery pack falling out and a minor scratch it was fine and still working 2 years later. In fact none of the 3 controllers I owned have had any faults over the past 3 years. The American military also use them to control some smaller drones and IED disposal robots. The Xbox controllers are universally considered by gaming experts to be the best, although the PS4 ones have made up a lot of ground since the frankly awful PS3 design, particularly the squat and tactless thumbsticks.

Hrmmmmmmm maybe the 360 - the xbox one controller feels very plasticy I have to agree. And where the two parts of the casing join on the back cuts into my fingers after a few hours play.

I wouldn't say it's the best. The PS4 ones tbh piss all over the xbox one controller from a design point of view.
I love the individual vibration on the analog buttons though when playing Forza.

Audi S1
Good game to begin with, but did you not find it gets a bit samey? The combat is just so dull after a while, too few moves and the enemies all seem to be mostly the same.

I agree, although the combat was great it did become a little "hurry the hell up with this move so I can continue". It would have been better if you could specify which move you wanted to perform.

Audi S1
Forza is the game I'm currently playing, spent many hours on it over the past week, my weekends have been taken up by it.

Although in a previous comment I said about downloading the games is annoying due to the price. I've downloaded both Ryse & Forza, I love the fact of not having to change the disk - lazy as f**k I know!

I've got a nice collection of games now. Dead Rising 3, Lego Marvel, FIFA 14, Ryse, Forza. Are there anymore games out there I should consider buying?

Audi S1
Nope - it's all stored in the cloud (saved games and purchased stuff)

You'd have to re-install the game to the new hard drive but you wouldn't lose anything

So what happens if I was to sign in on another Xbox One, download my games. Would it block me from launching on either console..

1.8 Civic EX
So what happens if I was to sign in on another Xbox One, download my games. Would it block me from launching on either console..

I believe you will be able to play them on another console so long as you are signed into it with your live account. Sure I read that somewhere...Think there is a limit to 5 consoles though...

1.8 Civic EX
Found a solution to the media streaming issue. Download an app on your smartphone/tablet called Skifta.

Then in the app, you choose a location for your media (nas drive) and where you want to stream it to (xbox).

then so long as the phone/tablet can play the file, it streams it straight to the xbox (need to be in the xbox video app on the xbox). I've not watched a whole movie using it yet just a couple secs of a few various file types and all seems good.

basically means you don't need your PC/laptop on to push the media.

can also use it to show files stored on the phone/tablet so good for showing pics etc on your phone.

Found a solution to the media streaming issue. Download an app on your smartphone/tablet called Skifta.

Then in the app, you choose a location for your media (nas drive) and where you want to stream it to (xbox).

then so long as the phone/tablet can play the file, it streams it straight to the xbox (need to be in the xbox video app on the xbox). I've not watched a whole movie using it yet just a couple secs of a few various file types and all seems good.

can also use it to show files stored on the phone/tablet so good for showing pics etc on your phone.

Cheers for this, I already had Skifta on my iPhone and iPad but hadn't thought of trying it.

I did the same as you and just tried a few video files for a few secs, it seemed to work okay and even played some files my WDTV box won't play.

banther

ClioSport Club Member

Are there any good sites for mobile streaming?

Putlocker doesnt work. Need help please as lay up with a broken foot at the moment!

PM if necessary.

1.8 Civic EX
no idea personally. It's all a bit beyond me. Although I do know that you can't stream to the mobile and then on to the xbox if that makes sense. You need to have the content/media file stored locally.

Passat 170 DSG Wagon
Does anyone else suffer with Lovefilm not playing films on their system? I don't even have a watch button just an 'add to watchlist' . Definatley signed in to the correct account because it updates my watchlist on the laptop.

Honda. Tesla Someday
Does anyone else suffer with Lovefilm not playing films on their system? I don't even have a watch button just an 'add to watchlist' . Definatley signed in to the correct account because it updates my watchlist on the laptop.

Happened to me. Go on lovefilm on laptop, transfer account to use amazon sign in! Go back to xbox log out then log in with amazon sign in. Worked for me. They are migrating everyone to use amazon sign in, they're just stupid and haven't made it very clear.

172 Cup
Why would it be 4 hours of gameplay?

Metal Gear Solid V is split in to two parts:

MGS: Ground Zeroes is a smaller part that will last you about 2-3 hours (hence the price), it's set in a large prison compound and will feature the main story mission as well as about 4 or 5 smaller missions.

MGS: Phantom Pain is the other part of the game which comes out next year and will be a lot bigger in scale.

I'm guessing they're selling us the already finished early part of MGSV to give us a taste of the full game which they're still working on