ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

thieving pikey cnuts

2 days fater finishing my boot build some little dingle fuc*er has smashed my rear windows and stolen all my fuc*ing amps and my sub

and to make things even better, my insurance company are only going to five me £150 to cover the loss of equipment (V.O.G. almost £2500)

oh how id love to get my hands on the little bast*rds

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

i had the same thing sorry mate its a sod!!!

who is your insurance co?

but i buried my amps and it took em soo long to get them out me + 5 of my mates caught em out

(and i phone the police straight away and did not give them a good kicking ;))

sorry to hear that bambam... stealth installs are the only way forward these days, you cant have anything nice without a dirty t**ser messing it up.

tom - im insured by CIS

rockport - from outside the car there is no possible way of being able to know what sort of install was in the car (unless they seen me installing the equipment) - it was so stealth that i even kept the original parcel shelf (i didnt have any 6x9s installed so it was not a problem)

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

when you are driving back into your neighborhood turn to music down, just so no-one actually knows you got a nice system.

Plus it keeps your neighbours happy

its not just the neighbourhood i live in that is the problem, its the whole town thats the problem

plus, my neighbours never complain, they are all over 60 and deaf so couldnt hear it anyway;)

Cupra K1 & Clio 200

Bambam, that is fekin unlucky mate! i would so pi$$ed off right now. I think the trick is to turn down the musik within a mile radius b4 u even park. that way scummy gits who follow u, then jack u stuff find it difficult to know which car the musik came from. Was all your ice like, in the open as such, because if u put a false floor in and keep all ur stuff under that, then they may find it more difficult. the only thing w***ers can nick from mine is the sub (without a lot of hassle) so its fairly safe ish. Do u have an alarm on ur motor?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

mate i know some cis assesors

will see what i can do for ya

(totally legal of course)

i have got the standard renault alarm

both amps were mounted under a false floor, but i used perspex to show them off, the power cap was mounted behind the sub box well out of sight, and the box was screwed to the false floor, they even took the 2nd battery

it looks likethey actually lifted all the ICE and the builds out of the boot (which you have to remove the rear seats to do) and took all the cabling aswell - seems like a proper job

as for being pi$$ed off, too fuc*ing right i am, but what can i do about it? apart from accept that the little cnuts have got away with all my ICE

Thats too sad BamBam, real sorry to hear that happened to you mate :(. You have every right to be mailto:pi@@ed">pi@@ed off too, I know I would be.

Quote: Originally posted by bambam on 09 December 2002

rockport - from outside the car there is no possible way of being able to know what sort of install was in the car (unless they seen me installing the equipment) - it was so stealth that i even kept the original parcel shelf (i didnt have any 6x9s installed so it was not a problem)
Well the thing is Stealth Shelfs are fooking heavy, so if they had smashed your rear window they would have had a job lifting the damn thing out for a starter.

But also if you are driving around with your stereo turned up (thus making a noise) your going to get noticed. I always turn mine down when going through dodgy areas. Cos it only takes a quick glance at your number plate and if they see it again out comes your ice.

Paul

I dont even bother with ICE..... No point these days, its happened to many times to me. Custom fits and a small sub in boot is most i will do.... Why dont they invent a car that electricutes people...

well i think its time to stop mulling over this now, and start rebuilding the system,

i must admit i wasnt very happy with the last set-up, so if anyone wants to give me any ideas as to what equipment to put in the car, please do - i want to stick with the 1x10" and 2 amps (1xsub and 1xcomps) i have got JL XR comps up front

i was looking at some Phase Linear equipment (specifically the Aliante 10"er), but what do people think of the value and quality of these??

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

the phase stuff is superb

but i went for hifonics (i know shut up about hifonics)

Sorry to hear.

What area you live in ? check the local shops which offer goods for cash no questions - also your surrounding areas. Also local Free ads etc....

Hope this helps.

tom - just confirmed what i thought, but is it worth the money?? do hifonics have a website???

ruben - i live in Corby,Northamptonshire - the nearest ICE dealer is Sounds Supreme in Kettering, but the owner is a complete to$$er and i would not give him the pleasure of taking my hard earned money - the next nearest dealer is ICE-Direct in Peterborough, but ive not heard one good report about them

i did think of doing that, but a lack of money this month meant i couldnt, its definetely at the top of my list for the new year though

You can have you car setup to electrecute people. One person did and got sent to jail. My personal view is, if they werent trying to nick his car then they wouldnt have got hurt. Ok hooking your car up to the mains is a bit much, but understandable. Its also like people who burgel people houses and get stabbed or shot and the person who does the killing gets sent to prison. Its simple, if they werent there then they would have been fine. Surely this is the view the law should take instead of prosecuting people for wanting to protect there property.

Paul

Cupra K1 & Clio 200

bam bam, how long did u have the ICE in there for? if it were a long time then i can c why ur thinkin about nxt install. but otherwise, id still be so upset! im just about to order some security film now because of what i heard, but im not sure if its ok to fit on my back window because of the heater wire thingy. Fred, do u know if it is ok to stick the film over the heated wires? Thanks

Hon

i had the ICE in for 2days, but i was really disappointed with the quality of the 10" JL sub, it just lacked a certain aggression and control, and for the money there are much better subs available

all i lost was 1x10"JL W6v2, 1xJL 500.1, 1xRF Power Cap, 1xUltima Yellow Top battery, 1xAlpine MRF-P320 and my Pioneer 7400 (although ive still got the face-off for it????)

Scirocco GT TSi DSG

bambam I probably teach some of the t**sers that ripped out your ICE, I will keep an ear open for students selling cheap ICE. You really need to find a better area, Corby needs knocking down and re-building completely.

trust me, if i could afford to live elsewhere i would, but for the time being im gonna have to put up with it (plus living with my parents is free and they do almost everything for me:))

Scirocco GT TSi DSG

Always good to live with the parents, good luck and I hope I see you and your new ICE at a local meet sometime.

Scirocco GT TSi DSG

I manage an IT training company accosiated with Tresham Institute, I am based at Wellingborough but can often (but not too often) be found at the Corby campus in the town centre

so you know all too well the joys of passing through Corby then.

you most certainly will see my new install at a local meet, just the big thing now is deciding what to replace it all with