ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

things to look out for when buying a 182?

57 Ibiza Formula Sport
firstly, wheres the best place to look? ideally from a garage as i want to part ex my old one rather than sell privately (ive already checked pistonheads, ebay etc.. any other good websites?)

secondly, what are the service intervals on 182's? is it every year during the 3 yr warrenty? ive seen a nice racing blue registered jan 05, 15k on the clock but hasnt been serviced since 6k and apparently needs one now? how much are we talking for that service? does it have to be via renault?

STRIPES... where to get them fitted?

Anything else i should look out for when viewing?

Thanks!

Lionel Richie
service is every 12K/12months

check wheels for damage, check all the tyres are the same

if you buy from a dealer you'll get stung on price, sell yours privatley

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
pm me tomorrow, i've got a couple, (Renault dealer) i've sold quite a few cars to people off here and i won't rip you off.

i'm off home now so won't be back on till tomorrow.

57 Ibiza Formula Sport
thanks fred :) i know, i said dealer price is like 2k higher than private but my family are a bit :s about buying private and think its safer to buy from a dealer or car garage.

how much is the service then? the girl said it was last serviced at 6k 18 months ago

57 Ibiza Formula Sport
pm me tomorrow, i've got a couple, (Renault dealer) i've sold quite a few cars to people off here and i won't rip you off.

cheers. bit of a trek to bristol though! im only interested in racing blue or liquid yellow and dont wanna spend more than 9k

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50
12k service was £130 for me but i know the price can varey depending on what garage you call

Have you had a quote on insurance? is it bad?

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Check it has window etchings, locking wheel nuts and an alarm. This means its a UK car and not an import :)

They will offer you a silly trade in price on the Ka im afraid, if they offer you a good price for it, they won't take anything off the other end, i.e you will be paying full price for the 182.
I agree with why you want to buy from a dealer (personally I wouldn't), but I would recommend selling the Ka private as you will get alot more for it and young girls go mad for them so it shouldnt be a problem to sell.
Without a p/x you stand in a better position in terms of negotiating on the 182, with regards to the service I would push for them to do it as part of the deal.
If it was me in your position I would buy off someone on here who is an enthusiast, then you know the correct oil has been used, it hasn't been thrashed from cold etc plus one forum member isn't likely to rip off another (although there has been abit of that recently with secondhand parts). Sorry for the long post, beats revising though.

Alex

57 Ibiza Formula Sport
12k service was £130 for me but i know the price can varey depending on what garage you call

Have you had a quote on insurance? is it bad?

thats not bad then! thanks.

yep, had a few quotes. cheapest with elephant who im already with, £1,200 with 0 yrs NCB! will have 1 yrs NCB in October but it only goes down £50 anyway!

57 Ibiza Formula Sport
They will offer you a silly trade in price on the Ka im afraid, if they offer you a good price for it, they won't take anything off the other end, i.e you will be paying full price for the 182.
I agree with why you want to buy from a dealer (personally I wouldn't), but I would recommend selling the Ka private as you will get alot more for it and young girls go mad for them so it shouldnt be a problem to sell.
Without a p/x you stand in a better position in terms of negotiating on the 182, with regards to the service I would push for them to do it as part of the deal.
If it was me in your position I would buy off someone on here who is an enthusiast, then you know the correct oil has been used, it hasn't been thrashed from cold etc plus one forum member isn't likely to rip off another (although there has been abit of that recently with secondhand parts). Sorry for the long post, beats revising though.

Alex

thanks for that alex :) ive thought about buying off someone off here, but.... lets face, it the majority of people on here DO rag their cars about! i want to buy off a woman lol and this one ive seen on pistonheads is a woman and it's only £7,995!
i love the liquid for sale on here but no way would i pay £9,500 for it when its an 04 plate, i know liquids cost more new and everything and someone will probably pay it but i still wouldnt pay £1,500 more than a racing blue that has less miles.
the ka is a millennium one, so its not just "a ka", however, i have no idea how much it'd be worth to sell private or part ex, all i know is it cost £10,500 new as opposed to the basic ka's costing about 7 as it's got full leather, air con etc. it's only done 33k miles though so hopefully wouldnt have a prob selling :)

Golf R

cheers. bit of a trek to bristol though! im only interested in racing blue or liquid yellow and dont wanna spend more than 9k

you'll struggle to get hold of a Liquid yellow for less than 9k.... easily get a RB one though

57 Ibiza Formula Sport
lol!!! that pizza tale is nearly a yr old now, was on the way back from last yrs FCS wasnt it? haha, we may be convoying twins this yr chrissy ;)

57 Ibiza Formula Sport
iirc, u were nearly tempted by liquid mr?! the price tag is putting me off atm, and the fact ive already had a yellow car (i know its a diff yellow but still) so RB is the number 1, WITH stripes though!!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
iirc, u were nearly tempted by liquid mr?! the price tag is putting me off atm, and the fact ive already had a yellow car (i know its a diff yellow but still) so RB is the number 1, WITH stripes though!!

aye, i was indeed. i came really close to buying it too

i definitely made the right choice though. RB's with stripes look great imo

i'm tempted to get them for mine at some point to go with the other white bits

Maz

LY 200
Make sure there is plenty of tread in the tyres .. £90 a tyre approx

Get the VIN an phone renault to check its a uk car and ask about any warranty work etc.

Maz

LY 200
Doesnt look bad that.. you would be the 3rd owner I see.. has it got FRSH ?

Service would be 18k or 2 years aftter the date it was serviced at 6k, so which ever comes sooner.

57 Ibiza Formula Sport
ive emailed her a few q's she doesnt seem to know that much (dont think shes an enthusiast lol) she just said she bought it 18 months ago on 6,000 miles and it hasnt been serviced since then. it's now due at 14,500. that was my concern really! also... it's miles away so it wouldnt be worth travelling so far to look at it

ST
The one in the PH link above looks very clean indeed tho make sure you get it HPI'd before you go to talk money...

57 Ibiza Formula Sport
The one in the PH link above looks very clean indeed tho make sure you get it HPI'd before you go to talk money...

yeah it does :) no cup splitter though i see! strange as its got the back spoiler and wheels

106 GTi
Not really that strange for it to missing as it was down to the dealer to fit them at PDI so the car would go on and off the lorrys for delivery. Common to see them missing.

ST
I wouldn't read into the no splitter thing too much...when i bought my 182 back in dec 05, my mate bought an identical one from the same dealer, when i went to look at my particular car before i bought it, the splitter was on the back seats...went to pick up the car it was fitted..

He bought his about 3 days later, no splitter when he went to see the car, he asked me about this, i said it'll be cool it'd be fitted for when you go to pick it up...about a week later he went to pick car up, no splitter..

After a few days he got pissed off with me going on n on saying that he should've got a splitter as part of the cup packs..i went along to the dealer with him and they said 'they sometimes change the spec on the cars at the last minute' RUBBISH!!

I said thats rubbish, so after a few mins of talking to the sales manager, he went in the back to the workshop, a few mins later 'here you go mate, this splitter was ordered in for a customer but they never came to pick it up'

Yeah the splitter was clearly the one that was meant to be fitted onto my mates car!!

Alan.

57 Ibiza Formula Sport
lol, strange! howards titanium didnt come with a splitter when he got it a few months ago but had both cup packs, i just dont fancy shelling out another £100 for one or whatever they are!

ST
If your buying private you can't really do a lot about it, but if your buying through a dealer make sure theres a splitter, if theres not you want one fitted before you pick it up..