ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Thinking about moving to a 182

Clio 197
Hi All,

Thinking about moving from my 197 to a 182. There are a couple of reasons for the move but main ones being

- I have always liked and appreciated the 182.
- I could do with a cheaper car for a little while as I have just brought a new house and want to save a bit of money to do things to it.

Is there anything I should look out for when making the so called 'downgrade'?

Also am I likely to find someone wanting to part exchange for my 197.

Thanks
James

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
You'll probably find people who are interested in going the other way, so you could swap as per say.

Get an advert up for your car and make it clear what you're looking for ;)

Clio 197
Just been looking on my lunch at work and sending a few messages to various garages to enquire about part exchanges. - will see what comes back.

Are they similar to 197 I.e. make sure belts have been changed and just generally looked after?

Titanium 182
Just been looking on my lunch at work and sending a few messages to various garages to enquire about part exchanges. - will see what comes back.

Are they similar to 197 I.e. make sure belts have been changed and just generally looked after?

yeah same general stuff . belts etc

if it was me id keep the 197 !

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
My pal max on here is also thinking the same, Hes got his 197 up for sale on here he wants a RB 182

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Moving from a 197 to a 182 is not a money saving move.

Outside the MPG it's about the same to run, the brembo anchors are dearer but a drop in the ocean.

Tax is the same and insurance wont be much different i wouldn't suspect. A 1.1 Saxo is a saving!

clio 182 black /gold
I have had my 182 for almost 8 years and people say are you not changing your car yet? I just say no, I like my Clio. Some of my friends laugh at me. I dont care. So i would say go for a 182.

Last edited:
  PB Clio 172
I could think of lots more savings. Compare the weights of the 182 and 197 over time the tyres and brakes are going to wear much more than the 1*2. Weights a ton when you look at both. Also the tyres are wider than the 1*2 so another saving there. Cheaper parts also as the cars are 10 yearish old now