ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

thinking of buying a 182

Black/Gold 182
hi new im new to the forum,im thinking of buying a 182,really want one but a little put of by some of the realiability probs,went to look at one recently had the engine management light on,nice car though both cup packs and recaros,currently got a honda civic sport 1.6 been reliable but too slow really want a 182 are they really that unrealiable.

It's like any car you hear all sorts of horror stories but mine has been more reliable than my Megane was before it or any of the Ford's that I have owned. Go ahead and get one, you won't regret it.

Black/Gold 182
thanks,like i said really want one,ill just have to go for it i suppose,take a chance,just don't want to end up buying a bad un.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Like Peejay said don't be put off by horror stories. My mk2 172 like many others on here is now on over 100k and running better then ever!

As long as they are looked after, and serviced regaulary then it should be fine.

Black/Gold 182
thanks again,going to look at one today,black one,both cup packs i think,bigger spoiler,splitter,dark wheels,one owner,25,000mls,viewed it once,mint cond,£7500 bit pricey but might be worth paying a bit extra for the cond it's in.

Black/Gold 182
is a bit steep but i had a good look around,not that many about in this cond,anyway just put deposit on the car pick it up wednesday :D 2005 55 plate black/gold,cup packs, dark wheels,1 owner from new.

clio 182
i sold my scoobie cause it couldnt take the punishment i gave it bought a 54 plate clio 182 in blue with a new engine done a few thousand miles ago,just make sure your alternator belt etc is in good condition as they have a habit of throwing them,changed mine been great since,and i think its more fun to drive than a scoobie,hope you like it

Black/Gold 182
cheers,good advice,ive heared that about the belts before,think the aux belt is due 36,000mls cars only done 25,0000 might get it checked or changed just to be on the safe side.from the test drive i think i will be liking it cheers

Clio 197 08
Hope you enjoy the new motor! You will have to get some pictures up when you get it! Welcome to CS