ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Thoughts on this 200?

Trader Rating - 96.7%
29   1   0
  RS6 C7
I really am the most indecisive person ever!, Cant decide what to buy, Its seems well priced but the mileage is high for the year. Dealer looks fairly reputable though, I dont normally like white cars but this looks superb imo . http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...tcode/cv92jp/keywords/200/radius/60?logcode=p

S
poke to the dealer today about finance, I have no experience with finance and i would be looking at putting down a 4k deposit and financing the rest over 3 years.

Help appreciated :)

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Seat Ibiza
Looks nice mate, seems very well priced for a 2010 plate car.

Before you say yes to finance with him might be worth having a chat with your bank and/or a look around on moneysaving expert website.

Have you been to see the car?

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  Swift Sport
If you test-drive it, make sure the gearbox doesn't feel like a pool cue in a wacky warehouse ball pool.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
27   0   0
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
wouldnt buy that car-

no cup pack- but worst still it has the anthricite pack which is grey bumper & rear diffuser

About as sellable as herpes

S

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Seat Ibiza
Is a cup pack a must, or just make it easier to sell?

What do you mean by;

"anthracite pack on the front"

EDIT: The bit around the bumper/number plate? Normally black? That right?

Trader Rating - 96.7%
29   1   0
  RS6 C7
I cant see any with cup packs for less than 12k, I would want recaro's, Can i not buy this and just add speedlines? Im not a fan of the cup spoiler on them anyway as its a bit "in your face", Im wont be looking to sell it for 3 years anyway and i cant see it been worth 2-3k less than one with cup packs.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
27   0   0
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
try selling a 200 with anthricite pack-

As mentioned nobody wants them ( although you can get the diffuser & bit of the bumper spreayed black)

also very high mileage for a 200-

Cup pack I liked- but it adds desirability- or put it another way- the non cup makes it less marketable-

there are loads of clio 200's available- I certainly would be more choosy against that-

S

Trader Rating - 96.7%
29   1   0
  RS6 C7
I really doubt it would put many people off, I think it look 10x better than black and as you can see above other agree, Its a cheap car with plenty of warranty left on it, Cup pack really doesn't bother me as i wouldn't want to do a track day in it anyway, My dad never had any trouble selling his 197 with no cup packs on black. It had no extras and was sold within a couple of days.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
27   0   0
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif.../radius/1501/page/8/postcode/da68bu?logcode=p

would be better-

Just punting some advise on these cars-they are hard to sell- with that spec & mileage it will be a pig to sell -
On finance you will end up going along a negative equity curve-
IE PAY 10, with finance probably owe 11k, the minute you drive it away you will be lucky to sell it for 9k-
hence your way behind the curve when you start-

best of luck

S

Trader Rating - 100%
3   0   0
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif.../radius/1501/page/8/postcode/da68bu?logcode=p

would be better-

Just punting some advise on these cars-they are hard to sell- with that spec & mileage it will be a pig to sell -
IE PAY 10, with finance probably owe 11k, the minute you drive it away you will be lucky to sell it for 9k-

best of luck

S

I prefer this one based on cup pack and wheels. I'm still preferring the anth pack though

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Seat Ibiza

would be better-

best of luck

S

Thats a nice one, its only 6months older too.

Steve, like you said about the negative equity, isn't that the same with a lot of cars when bought from a dealer? That happens a lot right?

Trader Rating - 100%
17   0   0
  Mondeo TDCI 130
Steve makes a lot of sense, but it is a lot of car for the oney, we all know that they except the miles pretty good!

Edit : that other one you posted steve, glad i got shut when i did, eeeek! But miss it like f**k! :(

Trader Rating - 96.7%
29   1   0
  RS6 C7
With a deposit of £3500 i will be charged £700 for the loan over 3 years, I think i will need to put a large deposit to secure the finance as im young, I Wouldn't sell it for 3 years and by that time i think the price differences will be less, I only do 10k miles a year max as i use the company vehicles most of the time, I will see what happens when i speak to them tomorrow but knowing me i wont go for it anyway :(

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
27   0   0
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
hi mate- I cant profess to be an expert on finance but it stands to reason that you pay a dealer top whack & load up finance as soon as you drive away you are in a weak position-

If your getting finance chances are your chasing equity on pretty much every car- especially ones at 3 years old as they are depreciating faster than your paying off- especially at 4 years repayments-
+ 46k.....
to many miles...
S

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
27   0   0
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
^ work, you have a proper job? srs question!

I have a 50 hr a week job in London-

Onto that 200 lets say you pay

9750 & the finance interest is 750 thats 10500 for the car- in 3 years you will have an 80k 59 plate clio 200 which is 5 years old-
If you compare that against something like an 07 Clio 197 with 80k miles inc recaros I think your at 6k maybe 5.5k-

so in 3 years youve lost 5k in depreciation.

I think thats a lot- depends if you have that disposable income-

You were looking for a 182 or trophy-
If you have 4.5 k cash now- lets say you buy the best possible 182 available now at say 5k on 30k miles 55 plate & borrow the 500 quid-
your 60k clio in 3 years will probably be worth 2k/2.5k- so depreciation 2.5k maybe less

its horses for courses & haw much you want to lose..

Trader Rating - 96.7%
29   1   0
  RS6 C7
I will speak to my dad tomorrow as he did say he would pay some towards it as part of my work contract. You loose money on any car, If you take out a PCP deal you loose money, 200 a month x 24 months is £4800, Its a hard one but it does seem that you get a lot of car for your money with the 200's, Another thing to add is if i had a 182 i would modify it, I know i wouldn't touch a 200 apart from adding speedlines so it will save me money. I will see what the dealer says tomorrow as i might not even get approved for the finance.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
27   0   0
  Mint 1*2's for sale-

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That's the first white one I've seen with the Anth pack, I like it. I think it suits the lighter colours moreso; ag ly and white.

Recaros too. Win. And unless youre planning on tracking it I wouldn't worry over the lack of cup pack.

Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  NOBLE M400 + TOYS +
With a deposit of £3500 i will be charged £700 for the loan over 3 years, I think i will need to put a large deposit to secure the finance as im young, I Wouldn't sell it for 3 years and by that time i think the price differences will be less, I only do 10k miles a year max as i use the company vehicles most of the time, I will see what happens when i speak to them tomorrow but knowing me i wont go for it anyway :(

if ur concerned about losing money, light smashed salvage is the route, u can buy one for 1/2 price with light damage, drive it around for few yrs then shift it, its defo the way forward for someone who wants to keep the car for a few yrs, there loads and loads on auction these days, and the bonus is that if u buy direct from auction u'll know no one has bodgered it up or tampered with it to look lighter than it is e.g.

https://www.bluecycle.com/car-salvage-auctions/15066379

a
beautiful gordini 2011, (BONUS) still under warranty for 3 yrs so even more TROUBLE/ HASSLE free motoring!!

then u can :cool:thrash:cool: the living daylights out of it, no need to worry abt scuffs. scratches or even cleaning it as the car stands u in a fraction of its retail price= trouble/ cheap near free driving!

sell it in 3 yrs time when out of warranty or even break it as im sure ur aware they come to a point where worth more in parts, and this being limited edition it'll hold its value close to the straight one's as so few about

u;ll defo lose alot less than buying a straight one, which may have been thrashed/ damaged but hpi clear!!!

Last edited:
Trader Rating - 96.7%
29   1   0
  RS6 C7
Just spoke to the dealer, Given him the details to find out what the exact finance will be, I wouldnt know where to start with regards to salvage cars, Im sure they are cheap but surely to repair that it would be 2-3k+ ?