ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

thread on scoobynet CUP Rsport

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

A few peeps on here have the R-Sport ECU mate...

Im sure theyll be along soon! ;)

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Its not a Renault Sport Chip... its an R-Sport ECU and they are only available for the Clio Cup and can be got direct from R-Sport on - (0208) 540 7366

Nissan R35 GT-R

Rich where are you from in UK?

It sounds like you are craving the ECU, but something is holding you back.

If you are in Surrey then you should pop over to Croydon and Id happily give you a spin out in it. Shortly after youll be straight on the phone to R-Sport.

Ill even help you fit it. :D

STICKER TWONK

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf GTi DSG

Why is it only available for the Cup? Thought the Cup and 172 had identical engines, just the Cup was benchmarkeD?

nah it dont have aircon, auto lights, rain sensative wipers they are all done by the ecu so its not the same the map is but it has other options

STICKER TWONK

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf GTi DSG

Quote: Originally posted by dogmaul on 26 August 2003

nah it dont have aircon, auto lights, rain sensative wipers they are all done by the ecu so its not the same the map is but it has other options
Thatll explain it then!

Its a competition ECU - R-Sport claim good torque increases and a better spread of the usable power range. Can be fitted to a 172 as well as the cup and is not a warranty approved by Renault. Also fractional 0-60 and 0-100 times but really makes the car more responsive and driveable - they have basically flatened the torque curve across the power range.

RSTDL they told me on the phone it was Renault warrenty approved I asked him 3 times and the last time he said "we woulndt lie about something like that, it is warrenty approved!" or something along those lines. Also it cant be fitted to a 172.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by RSTDL on 27 August 2003

Can be fitted to a 172 as well as the cup
Its a Cup only mod as far as I know...

The R-Sport ECU does not have functions for ABS, Climate, auto lights, etc, so cant work in a 172!

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by Frosty on 26 August 2003

Rich where are you from in UK?

It sounds like you are craving the ECU, but something is holding you back.

If you are in Surrey then you should pop over to Croydon and Id happily give you a spin out in it. Shortly after youll be straight on the phone to R-Sport.

Ill even help you fit it.
Im up in the North West mate, so a long way from you or Id be over...

Only had the Cup 5 weeks though so not wanting to mess straight away, plus Im off on my hols in just over a week so no spare money at the moment, but I do want one!

Neil - I spoke to Jonathan at R-Sport today (Hes the main guy whos developed the upgrades) and he said it wasnt warranty approved and it does fit the 172..........tahst what he told me..........ring him back and confirm if you like but either way Im fitting it - couldnt give a toss about the warranty - my dealer wouldnt even notice if the ECU had been changed anyhow - I basically had to instruct him on how to fix A/the clunking noise on full lock (answer - new suspension top mounts front and back) and B/ Clunking whilst changing gear (answer - new left handside engine/gearbox mount and C/ 4000RPM rattle - realigned exhaust system and D/Replacement Brake limiter Valve (if missing brakes will thunk when pressed and released when car is engine is on or off.

It only took 18000 miles for them to fix.............bump

Nissan R35 GT-R

Quote: Originally posted by Iain C on 27 August 2003

Hey frosty how much was the chip?
Do you know if a Renault garage can tell if it is fitted or has ever been fitted in the past?
Well I was the first customer to get the ECU and was assured it is warranty approved at the time. It has been back for warranty work since having it fitted and Renault said nothing.

Work was completed under warranty
ECU was not overwritten like most people believe
Its going back again soon - the clunking noise under full throttle in first and sometimes second has got really bad.

ECU was just over £200 from memory.