ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Throttle bodies on Fiver

Cheers lads

I have a friend that works with ECUs whole his life, he makes damn good job, he has masters in electronics and engineering, so he is pretty good at the job...

Anyway, he offered me to make me a throttle body full digital injection for my R5 GTT, when I buy it. Price is about 700 quid.

My question - what is improvement, what are major advantages from it and what are the gains.

Your fueling can be mapped pretty much spot on through out the rev range so fueling will be spot on. You can ditch the manual choke, wont have any hot start problems like some GTTs suffer with, your torque even at stock boost will be greatly improved and also slightly more power (not a great deal though). To be honest youd be better modifying the manifold to take 4 injectors rather than a single injector.

yes it is possible to run 4 throttle bodies, one for each cylinder mate, take a look at luminitions website if your not sure what they are.Majority of throttle bodies dont work well when blown mate, there are a few that are suitable for forced induction so id look into this before you go any further. i gather you do mean seperate throttle bodies!!??