ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Throttle cable/body??

172 Mk2 Ph1
My accelerator is stiff and has been sticking at around 2,000-2,500 revs when I lift my foot fully off the accelerator pedal.

The garage has just said that its the throttle body and not the cable. Does this sound right, and does anyone know how much the throttle body is to replace on an 172 Mk2 Ph1?

Thanks everyone.

Also seat wont slide forwards... and have the engine mount problem, sparadic knocks at the top end of first and second gears... boo.. nearly sorted. Bougt second hand, can see why the last guy sold it now... oh well, must push on...

Alex

Mr2 Roadster
Dude I have a MkI just like yours and have had all of your problems. Just today I fixed my throttle body!

PM me your number and I'll give you a call and see if I can help you out if you want.

Nick.

The throttle cable usually sticks on them.
Ne throttle bodies arn't cheap try Matt on 01254 386661
Seat sliding is probably a broken clip have a look.
Engne mount depends hwo bad but a new set of mounts or if there not bad just adjust the stock ones and it will go away.

Mr2 Roadster
My throttle body was grinding on itself, the butterfly was catching on one side. I wet and dried it to smooth it down and also adjusted the end to make the opening and closing motion smoother.
I will need to look at replacing it soon.

I have also replaced all the engine mounts on mine but it didn't work so I have found a way of limiting the movement by fixing the top mount solid.

172 Mk2 Ph1
Garage I bought it from replace the throttle body, not sure if they just cleaned it though (can you do that) or replaced it?

Accelerator now drops back to idling speed nicely as soon as i lift off. Hapier now. Still a tiny bit stiff but a heck of a lot better.

Also new runner again under warantee in passenger seat, it works perfectly now. Drivers seat rocks a bit though, but I can live with that.

It would seem that all my mounts are fine and the knocking is quite quiet. The rear exhaust mount has collapsed, getting replaced next week, so hopefully that will cure the problem. I will post here if it does, then I should have one working 172...

Oh actually the rear left disc seems to be corroded very badly, don't know how it passed its MOT 2 weeks ago, cold be £350 to replace the lot with renault, 2 new discs as they come in a set, + pads for new discs..

Any one know of a good garage somewhere near harrogate that could do it?

Yey, nearly all sorted... love to drive it, pulls you around a bit though when accelerating and breaking... HOLD ON...