ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tied between either 197 or Cup version

Was a 197
Thats the point they are not selling at the prices on autotrader, i've been watching for months & nothing is shifting;)

probably a few factors there, recession and very rare cars too so not as many people are looking for them?!?!?!

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Thats the point they are not selling at the prices on autotrader, i've been watching for months & nothing is shifting;)

You'll be waiting for the rest of your life at this rate tbh ;)

ST
^^ yeah deffo no need to buy new, plenty of them are out there now for sale.

You can easily get 30mpg combined on the 197s with the older box like mine, and thats with me doing a daily commute in traffic.

An R27 would deffo be the best option too IMO

Teach me how, not taking it above 4,000rpm and short shifting the box but actually driving the car you'll be lucky to see a combined average of more than 27mpg.

172 5HED
I get over 28 and thats with the mods and driving it normally, giving it a bit here and there!!

No way I would see the 30s!!

Was a 197
what is the actual problem (if it is) with the gearbox.

Is it cuz its 6 speed the ratios are wrong or what???

Enlighten me plz!!!

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
There isnt one. The ratios are closely stacked, they altered 6th so it was a wee bit longer. Were talking a few rpm. Listening to some forum gheys its compleatly different box and the old one is rubbish. Makes no difference in real world. My take is my(older) car is faster with the shorter ratios ;)

Was a 197
oh right fair enuf, well as seen as this will be the fastest car i've ever owned i aint gonna be able to tell the difference and have nothing to compare to, that's it now its gonna be a brand new 197 with (if i can swindle the salesman) the cup pack in probably red

Was a 197
My dad was in Warrington earlier today and he phoned to ask me a few things about my current car as he was in the renault dealer. He was seeing what they would offer us.

He ended up coming home tonight and say that the rep offered him a clio 197 in white with the black alloys for £13,945, so the rep was throwing in the black alloys for free and 6 month road tax.

Then the rep phoned and started negotiating a deal for me. I managed to get a 197 with the Cup Pack in red and 6 month tax for £14,000.

He phoned back the rep and we put £200 deposit down on them both, going up saturday to have a test drive as renault wolverhampton has let us down on this aspect.

The rep really really really wanted the sale and said on the phone 'what have i got to get you to buy off us?' So we knew that the cash price (£13,795) was very favourable, so we started haggling with options and thats what we got in the end. The guys name is Leigh Frackleton at Renault Warrington Westbrook.

White 197s with black rims look f**king sexual. I'd go for that option out of those two. Cup pack or otherwise. I've only driven a single 197, without cup pack, and the handling and grip were already far better than my 182.

White clique
My dad was in Warrington earlier today and he phoned to ask me a few things about my current car as he was in the renault dealer. He was seeing what they would offer us.

He ended up coming home tonight and say that the rep offered him a clio 197 in white with the black alloys for £13,945, so the rep was throwing in the black alloys for free and 6 month road tax.

Then the rep phoned and started negotiating a deal for me. I managed to get a 197 with the Cup Pack in red and 6 month tax for £14,000.

He phoned back the rep and we put £200 deposit down on them both, going up saturday to have a test drive as renault wolverhampton has let us down on this aspect.

The rep really really really wanted the sale and said on the phone 'what have i got to get you to buy off us?' So we knew that the cash price (£13,795) was very favourable, so we started haggling with options and thats what we got in the end. The guys name is Leigh Frackleton at Renault Warrington Westbrook.

Are these new car prices you are talking about here ^^ if so excellent deal!

The cup pack looks superb as it has the red calipers, and they really lift the appearance, behind the black alloys on the white would look excellent just like on the cups.

Cup pack is about £500 I think, you not after another options like climate / xenons / autolights and wipers?

Was a 197
brand spanking new, the white for my pop, the red for me, £13,945 including extras on white one, £14,000 including cup pack on red one, both with 6 months tax.

Didn't really fancy the white colour myself as i would be cleaning it every 5 minutes