ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tiger Seal for Poly Windows

TrackCar & F30 330d
Hi guys,

Anybody every used Tiger seal to bond in a rear plastic window?

Reason i'm asking as its quite a bit cheaper than the Sikaflex thats on P4P or even on Ebay!

TDF sticked my rear polycarbs in twice with Tiger seal and they fell out at Anglesey and are loose again now :(! Going to remove and sikaflex them to do the job properly

TrackCar & F30 330d
Arrrr i see, Thanks for that info! I will order some of the right stuff then!! Very nearly just went and ordered Tiger seal because i couldn't be bothered to wait for an answer lol.

Evo 5 RS
sikaflex 291 don't use ANYTHING else.

They expand in heat, 291 is the only thing strong enough to stop them from coming lose.

TrackCar & F30 330d
Yeah cutting a long story short, I bonded my rear screen in with some random stuff and it's come loose.

Ordered some Sikaflex last night :)

Megane r26
Yeah sicaflex is the one, the window screens on the trains I work on are bonded in with the stuff. Little tip we found useful is to warm the cartridge up in boiling water before use, makes it alot easier to work with.

clio 172
ive used Tiger seal on my dads 1971 mini clubman on the bonnet arm never moved after that strong stuff never tried the other sorry :)