ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tiger Woods 2010 on the Wii

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Wow. Really. Wow.

I've been on a Wii today and have been thoroughly impressed with both the game and the Motion Plus controller. It's one of those combinations that doesn't just work well, but superbly well imo - and as a consequence makes the game massively more enjoyable overall.

The character creation options are a little OTT - in fact, borderline crazy. Options to add crows-feet and scar marks onto your players face? Like WTF? I just wanted to get out onto Banff Springs (where else? ;)) and start to apply a little draw and fade to my drive swings.

Mistakes were made as were some good shots - but each time it was clear why the result of the shot happened. None of this head-scratching as to why a seemingly perfect swing got your ball buried 3ft deep in a bunker - or have it well trapped in the rough.

I don't think I've been as taken to a golf game since the PGA Tour Golf games back in the Amiga days. It really is a well crafted, enjoyable and entertaining game and a testiment to the ability of the little Wii console.

I would say for anyone with a decent Wii setup (read - decent sized screen) and room to swing your arms like a mentalist, together with even a smidgen of interest in golf - that you simply have to get Tiger Woods 2010. It's almost made me consider buying a Wii myself - just for that game alone. :)

I did try to find the '10 mistresses on the side unlock' but I haven't got that far into the game yet....

D.

RIP Dan
Tore my left bicep smashing the ball down the fairway, couldnt enter swim event, sold game.

Great game though ;-)

Full Fat 182
I got it for Chrimbo too. Quality game if a bit frustrating. You can hit a monster fairway drive only to either lay up far too short or smash it out of bounds to the back of the green so easily. Think I've done 5 PGA events andca fedex cup and come no higher than 28th. Having played the 360 version on a mates who has put serious time in, I reckon the player you create has as much to do with it as me actually being rubbish at it though

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I got it for Chrimbo too. Quality game if a bit frustrating. You can hit a monster fairway drive only to either lay up far too short or smash it out of bounds to the back of the green so easily. Think I've done 5 PGA events andca fedex cup and come no higher than 28th. Having played the 360 version on a mates who has put serious time in, I reckon the player you create has as much to do with it as me actually being rubbish at it though

Got to agree. The approach shots to the green are by far the most difficult part of the game. I've managed to crack putting though - if only I could do the same in real life - lol!

D.

Wow. Really. Wow.

I've been on a Wii today and have been thoroughly impressed with both the game and the Motion Plus controller. It's one of those combinations that doesn't just work well, but superbly well imo - and as a consequence makes the game massively more enjoyable overall.

It does work really well, Grand Slam Tennis is also superb with M+ once you've mastered it, amazing depth to the controls.

In a few years, the Natal/Wand crowd will be raving about stuff that Wii players have been enjoying for ages ;)