ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Time to clear this up in my head...

RS Clio 200
right, im so chuffing confused its unreal now. SO many products and methods to choose from. Below is what i understand is needed to keep my car in tip top shape. Can someone confirm, corrent, embarass me with it all.

Yearly - once a year max get her PC'd

4-6 monthly: wash, clay, wash, quick detailer, polish (glaze) x2, sealant (something like PBW ex-p?), wax x3.

weekly: wash, dry, QD, polish(glaze), sealant, wax x2

does that sound OTT? or not enough??

I need to get this all clear in my head so i can get on with getting my products together, as i am running low on everything i have.

Currently i have:
Prima Mystique shampoo
klearkote QD
klearkote red moose polish
nattys blue wax
megs metal polish
and a few other bits and bobs.

Any recommendations for products gladly welcomed too. Polish aint too high on agenda, as ill be getting a PC soonish - but a nice glaze for weekly/4monthly use would be good.

CHeers

Steve

M4 LCI, X1, ZX10R
Sounds alot with sealant every week.

Every week and wash and quick detail the car.

Every month or two i'll polish and wax.

Sealant every three months.

People take the p*ss out of me for doing that.

106 GTi
Well OTT!

Weekly should be a wash, QD and maybe a coat of wax if you feeling energetic.

Yearly - Wash, Clay, Machine polish, Sealant, Wax

Every 6 months, Wash, Paint Clean, reapply Sealant and Wax.

When you want to add a bit more to the paint before a show etc, once every 2/3 months - Wash, Glaze and Wax.

Monthly - Wash and wax.

Good Glazes to consider more of the Red Machine Glaze you have, Clearkote Vannilla Moose Hand Glaze, or Meguiars #7 Show Car Glaze all look good.

M4 LCI, X1, ZX10R
I have only just started to use decent stuff recently, instead of Autoglym.

I'm currently using alot of The Chemical Guys range, Cherry wax, Pro Detailer + Carnauba, Extreme Gloss M Seal + AutoGlym Extra Gloss Protection & Exreme Body wash n Wax. It all comes up a treat.

I don't spend massive time on cleaning my car, but I do like to keep my car as clean as I can and all of the above works quite well.

A waffle towel and a blade was my best buy, dries the cra in minutes.

RS Clio 200
ok cool.

I aint ordered it this time round - with it being winter etc....ill get some when i come round to PC's in the spring

BMW E46 330i Touring
Autoglym do some good stuff, I've recently moved to the Super Resin and Extra Gloss and the results are more impressive than more expensive stuff I've used previously.

Rich, last week i applied Autoglym EGP AND SRP. Would it be a good idea to give it another coat of EGP this week?

106 GTi
3 layers of EGP seem to be about optimum, building up a few good layers before winter sets in should see you through. Chuck a durable wax on top and you should be nicely protected.