ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Time to get rid of my 182?

Black-Gold 182
hey all,

I'm in a state of dilema at the moment. I've spent a fare whack on my 182 over the last few months, but each time i've been plagued with problems. The latest being I'm having problems getting new handbrake cables as one has snapped, and the other was stretched.

Anywho, I've now decided that I'm sick of the s*it customer service from Renault, and although the car itself is in really good nick (4 years old, and only 36k miles), i'm thinking it might be time to move on...

What do you think I could fetch for a full-fat 54 plate 182, with a stainless steel exhaust, K&N cone air filter, full LED lights, and (maybe) a Sony USB head unit with steering wheel interface? I have some slight damage to the wheels, but I do have a set of black alloys which I am yet to put on (bought them, but never got around to cleaning them all up). Also, there is a smallish dent on the bonnet that has been filled, but is still covered in primer, and I have some small scratches on the front bumper, just above the splitter. I'm thinking around the £8k mark all in, but is that too much or too little?

Please feel free to let me know what you guys think.

Oh, it's black-gold by the way! :)

MB182

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
hey all,

I'm in a state of dilema at the moment. I've spent a fare whack on my 182 over the last few months, but each time i've been plagued with problems. The latest being I'm having problems getting new handbrake cables as one has snapped, and the other was stretched.

Anywho, I've now decided that I'm sick of the s*it customer service from Renault, and although the car itself is in really good nick (4 years old, and only 36k miles), i'm thinking it might be time to move on...
What do you think I could fetch for a full-fat 54 plate 182, with a stainless steel exhaust, K&N cone air filter, full LED lights, and (maybe) a Sony USB head unit with steering wheel interface? I have some slight damage to the wheels, but I do have a set of black alloys which I am yet to put on (bought them, but never got around to cleaning them all up). Also, there is a smallish dent on the bonnet that has been filled, but is still covered in primer, and I have some small scratches on the front bumper, just above the splitter. I'm thinking around the £8k mark all in, but is that too much or too little?

MB182

I'd think about 6k mate. Have a look around Autotrader etc. Mods dont add anything to a cars value, infact they narrow the cars appeal. I PX'd mine for 7500 in jan. Was MINT straight, no defects, 30k fsh 55 plate....

Black-Gold 182
I was thinking of trying to sell it privatly though? Maybe through pistonheads or something. I'd try and aim it at the modder - I know if I sold it part-ex or even to a garage, I'd get a lot less than that.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Yes, but if you look around there are no 54 plate 182's for 8k. Bad time to sell also with said credit crunch

Ph1
Your problems are down to the LED lights. The car is rebelling lol

If your selling remove the tat as it will be more appealing in standard trim.

Bad time to sell a car tho just now

Chelsea tractor
The next two years aren't really going to bring a better time to sell anything really. Cars are worth sweet FA at the moment; their current market value is certainly not going to increase.

1 of 19 Recaro'd 182 Cups
You have to compare the market and price accordingly rather than asking on here. I paid 7k Trade for my 182 last month, its a RB cup with Recarros and had 10k miles with not a mark on bodywork or wheels, therefore 8k seem optimistic even privately.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Keep it and take it somewhere that knows what there doing? Your not far from Birchdown or yozzasport?

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
A terrible time to sell unfortunately. I'd know too, i've decided to keep mine now after it being up for sale for three weeks.

mk4 golf gttdi180
go to motormania you can get handbrake cables there nxt day order at the latst .or ill swap you my pug and golf if you like? they are nice cars

Tangoed Works
id say 5500 to be honest matey private... just got offered 6k by insurance for my 05 plate bg with 52k on the clock, but totally mint pre accident and full renault service history.

fat 182
just got 5500 trade in on my 54 rb ff with 50000 on the clock

and hand brake cable sare about 15 quid each from renault and took me about 30 minutes to change them.

Mondeo 2.0LX & Volvo V50
Just to give you an idea, my wife's black gold 54-plate 182 is on ebay at the moment. Its done 63k miles and is up at £4200. No bids at the moment and has been on a week.

Clio Sport 182
The more things you get fixed on the car the less there is to go wrong.

I dont understand why people spend ££££ fixing all the faults with there cars then sell them :s

And on a side note you said you get bad service form reno, the smiths reno in peterborough is very good! much better than the service marshall pug use to give me!

hey all,

MB182
Hmmmm....I thought you sadi you pent "a fair whack", try spending 13k!!!

Clio 172 mk2
Just to give you an idea, my wife's black gold 54-plate 182 is on ebay at the moment. Its done 63k miles and is up at £4200. No bids at the moment and has been on a week.

That's ridiculously cheap, car market must be on it's arse

Black-Gold 182
go to motormania you can get handbrake cables there nxt day order at the latst .or ill swap you my pug and golf if you like? they are nice cars

For the record - tied Motormania - they can't get hold of handbrake cables for 182s - thus the whole issue of trying to locate one, and the bloody main stealers taking (now) two weeks to get me a set of handbrake cables! Bloody crazy!

Car market is sooooooooooo dire @ the mo!! I sold my 172 about 3 years ago in about a week. Trying to shift an 05 182 @ the mo at what I would say is a very good price is just like well I dunno - virtually impossible!

Current ride - my Adidas!
Yeah I work in the trade, my 55 plate 182 44k in straight condition books well under 6k now and when I tried ebay the best bid i got was 4500! I've seen 04 plates go for under 5k with 25k and FSH! Hard times. Just need a bit of luck finding the right punter for your car. Gd luck though!

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Might be a bad time to sell, but it's a good time to buy. Any hit you take on the 182, you'll be able to recoup (up to a point) on your next purchase.

Mk2 1.2 Campus
The more things you get fixed on the car the less there is to go wrong.

I dont understand why people spend ££££ fixing all the faults with there cars then sell them :s

And on a side note you said you get bad service form reno, the smiths reno in peterborough is very good! much better than the service marshall pug use to give me!

I understand what you're saying but a lot of people will pay top money fora car with no faults