ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Titanium ph1 on Chris205's 2110s

Clio 172 ph1
Bought these luvverly wheels off chris205 last week, was going to wait until I'd changed the springs but I just couldn't help fitting the wheels straight away! Also received my refurbed steering wheel from MikeyK18 on Tuesday which is perfect :D and this is Reggie as he stands now :eek:

249972_10150651792245626_742965625_19112743_8162399_n.jpg

251170_10150650585325626_742965625_19099715_7114536_n.jpg

I know it needs lowering, I've bought Eibach Sportlines from KAM Racing but haven't found the time and tools for someone to help me fit them yet, and I can't afford a garage bill :(

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
They don't come in 15 iirc, which is a shame.

Nice wheels though, will look a lot better lowered. (See if there's anyone in the local area that's willing to help, you'll be surprised)

That steering wheel looks VERY OEM. I like it, a lot.

Clio 172 ph1
Thanks for the comments :D

Daveski yes the ph2 side strips are Iceberg so slightly off-colour but surprisingly unobvious 'in the flesh' - nobody has mentioned it yet so shhh :rasp: ha

And Rob I don't think I know what you mean (times like these I wish I was blonde so I had an excuse to be daft), it is an original wheel, just re-covered to get rid of the manky flakes! Or do you just mean it's a good job? In which case yay for MikeyM!

I haven't met anyone off CS apart from Chris who lives waaaay up north, and I don't like asking strangers for favours :eek: Kev (KAM Racing) is hopefully going to help me as he lives locally but we haven't found a time when we're both free yet! >_<

Clio 172 ph1
See above, they are Iceberg. They look far better than the black ph1 strips IMO, and are less obviously different IRL. And the sticker, I quite like it! Each to their own :)

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Thanks for the comments :D

Daveski yes the ph2 side strips are Iceberg so slightly off-colour but surprisingly unobvious 'in the flesh' - nobody has mentioned it yet so shhh :rasp: ha

And Rob I don't think I know what you mean (times like these I wish I was blonde so I had an excuse to be daft), it is an original wheel, just re-covered to get rid of the manky flakes! Or do you just mean it's a good job? In which case yay for MikeyM!

I haven't met anyone off CS apart from Chris who lives waaaay up north, and I don't like asking strangers for favours :eek: Kev (KAM Racing) is hopefully going to help me as he lives locally but we haven't found a time when we're both free yet! >_<

I know what the wheel is, I just meant the re-trim looks very original, as in like it could be a brand new wheel straight from Renault.

A very good job indeed.

Clio 172 ph1
Oh sorry :eek: Yeah it is mint, well worth the investment as getting black flakes all over your hands every time you drive is not ideal!

Thanks HartZ!

As with every car it's very much a work in progress, got a ph2 rear bumper in the garden waiting to be fitted, the car really needs a good polish as the paint has lost its factory sparkle in a few places, and just generally wants a bit of love!

Clio 172 ph1
No need to apologise, clearly a forum of Clio fans is going to notice the mismatch, as do I to be fair...
However the phone-pic makes it look worse than it is when you actually look at it, and nobody 'in real life' has noticed, so while it would be nice to have it spot on, it's low on my to-do list for now :)

Clio 172 ph1
They are on the list already ha! When I fitted the silver side strips it made the black handles look SO much worse! :( Also want clear side repeaters, I've already got black and two shades of silver on the side, don't need to add orange to the mix!

I got my side strips and door handles from the same guy on here so fitted them at the same time, made a massive difference.

Clear side repeaters arent expensive so get them bought :)

Clio 172 ph1
Re: Titanium ph1 on 2110s

Blast from the past this thread...

Sorted out my phase 2 bumper, took it round the Nurburgring, clocked over 120k miles (erk), still rocking the 2110s, still going strong (though needs brakes and a driveshaft... and then lowering >_<) - love love LOVE this car <3

719db9ee.jpg

315852_10150789667890626_742965625_20722992_1419318267_n.jpg

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
So it's you who has these wheels!?!?!? I Pm'd him about these last week and he said you wouldn't budge! haha
If you sell these please let me know!

Clio 172 ph1
Well, he wanted to give me *alot* less than I paid him, and I like them so why would I do that? ;) to be fair I paid top dollar because I loved them, and I still do so they're worth it... Besides until it's lowered (for those thinking why hasn't she done it yet, I've got a mortgage and enough animals to fill a petting zoo) I haven't made the most of them and given them the car they deserve, ha!! :D

I did want to change the thread title now but no can do apparently, doh!

Clio 172 ph1
Ha yes unfortunately there was one small kerbing incident (my first for YEARS booo), they're still beautiful though and I've sold the OEM wheels so there is no chance of me selling them now :p

Hopefully getting a supersprint catback exhaust from KAM Racing later this week or next week, until then I'm driving whatever I can borrow - which for tomorrow is a Honda Civic, bah!