ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tom’s 55 ‘RB 182’

RB Clio 182
So i finally found a clio that suits me, it was a little over my budget but the colour alone is worth the extra.

I collected it yesterday evening off a nice chap from near Manchester(UNITED!), i have to give credit to its 4 previous owners, the paintwork is awesome, theres barely a mark on it, and the wheels are 98% mint, theres one small mark on the osr wheel, apart from that its awesome!

The interior is also very nice, the seatbelts are clean and the thumb grips are in tack, although there is some melting to the wheel and the drivers seat alcantara is wearing.

Anyway the test drive went well, but on my way home the emissions light popped up, great haha, then it started missing and lost power, anyway i got it home all safe and sound.

The car is a little high in mileage at 117k, but its been well maintained with very good history, and all belts and waterpump were done last year at diamond motors on 113k, and in 2011 on 75k.

I messaged the lad to let him know about the misfire etc and he said it hasnt done this in his ownership(sep17) its also been sat on his drive for two weeks while he has been working away. I believe him he seems a nice chap and ill get it sorted.

Im going to change lambdas and check the injectors tomorrow and take it from there.

The gearbox feels really nice, the best one ive had, not one whine and a really nice change, everything just feels nice and solid, it had new oem shocks not so long a go and its on standard cup springs, it rides so much better than the apex, and it actually has a decent turning circle without 20mm spacers, i love it, its staying standard, the only aftermarket part is the miltek exhaust.

D437145B-94AE-419D-B0AD-71BBF573BBCD.jpeg
D7626190-E161-436B-B517-5973713A6E6A.jpeg
F7245644-BA00-459F-B501-964F2877EA16.jpeg
AA2514E5-7ABE-40F5-B3AE-0754DA2AC782.jpeg
4D8B0311-8C04-4F82-93D5-4DE0465E49B0.jpeg

The car came de wipered, so today i put the wiper back on with a new bosch wiper

D13AC11A-9A42-4185-B282-4BA5464DF3F5.jpeg

C60F9255-3AA4-4D70-83F6-C563AA82FA5D.jpeg

Csoc sticker also removed, bish bash bosch

36E48C21-6B3D-45C7-B1A6-314A47709275.jpeg

next page on the way....

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Looks lovely buddy.

How long before it's over at Engine dynamics? ;) good luck with this one. Shame about the misfire. Lambda or injectors most likely

RB Clio 182
Bonnet seal repaired

C0424CA7-5BB3-4C80-90DE-390AECF578F0.jpeg

07772DC3-A0DE-47EF-89BF-5C4BFDAAA1DE.jpeg

Another job for tomorrow, i dont like the black bullets

1DAE116F-FDF1-4405-9263-978F3F2DD1EF.jpeg

Or the white diamonds on the wheels

1A5C5F86-6E8D-435D-9161-807B943C63DE.jpeg

So they are going back chrome

7BC53F31-408D-429B-BFDC-38699CD13F00.jpeg

New oem plugs fitted

FAC82B96-CF77-4447-BBB4-EC3DC572C425.jpeg

It has a new oem engine mount

DD4E63F2-43E1-4E94-B396-B32116B3A18E.jpeg

And powerflex exhaust mounts

844E8DB2-A3DD-474C-B775-98EC3E3259C8.jpeg

I prefere this sticker to the clioturbo.co.uwanker sticker

CC957DF2-2DF5-4051-81E1-85FDCBADAFE2.jpeg

next page...

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
You have a misfire, what are the chances lols

Looks nice tom. Stripes, meh, colour, winner, similar thread title to mine, mmm.

Can I ask where you got your Adidas pants?

RB Clio 182
I dont like how yellow the sidelights look compared to the xenons, so i bosched it up

F345DD3A-9C8B-448E-89D8-1BF40653C938.jpeg

Old

662E63D9-D504-4146-B8AA-8A1A958259E5.jpeg

New(they look really good in the dark)

3734BD46-0FA2-4C05-916C-85BA5A2BC314.jpeg

Plans are, keep it oem and mint, fns ball joint needs changing,
Sort the misfire, paint bullets and wheel diamonds, and then the deep clean process will start, i cant wait this car will look amazing when ive finished.

Stripes or no stripes? I love them and they have been put on really professionally with no bubbles etc, but i feel like people that dont know these cars look at me and laugh at my go faster stripes 😂

Cheers, Tom.

Last edited:
  RB Clio 182
I have also ordered a new numberplate lamp and led and a new gearknob insert.

The to do list..

New plates with a 3/4 front one.

Engine bay tidy up and clean it to bits!

Fatty induction kit

Detail it to smithereens!

Oil/filter change.

Maintain and keep it oem and mint.

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
Congratulations Tom
Put all that stress of the turbo behind you.Looks decent not sure if you have ordered one.I have a new Renault rear bumper number plate light in packaging of you needed it
Bet the misfiring won't be much.Check you haven't put a can of bow up the exhaust pipe

RB Clio 182
Looks a nice one pal :smile:

Hope you get the misfire sorted.

Thanks mossy :up: a misfire is music to my ears compared to owning a turbod clio, never again, i cant understand how i havnt got a single grey hair!

Looking good! Hopefully the issues are an easy fix. Keep the stripes please!

What's it like going from your 280bhp to a standard one?

Im 50/50 on the stripes mate, they look good but i feel a bit embarrassed driving it haha.

It feels slower, but the power is more instant, and the 5k kick feels more like a 5k fart!

Looks lovely buddy.

How long before it's over at Engine dynamics? :wink: good luck with this one. Shame about the misfire. Lambda or injectors most likely

Thanks Louis, yeah im guessing lambda or injector, cheap fix whichever, im not too worried about it at all.

You have a misfire, what are the chances lols

Looks nice tom. Stripes, meh, colour, winner, similar thread title to mine, mmm.

Can I ask where you got your Adidas pants?

Im also meh about the stripes, agreed the colour looks better in person than pics, its slick, i got my adidas bottoms from up the road off number 18’s washing line, perrrrfect fit :up:

RB Clio 182
Congratulations Tom
Put all that stress of the turbo behind you.Looks decent not sure if you have ordered one.I have a new Renault rear bumper number plate light in packaging of you needed it
Bet the misfiring won't be much.Check you haven't put a can of bow up the exhaust pipe

Cheers ads, shite ive just ordered a numberplate lamp, i would have bought it off you otherwise buddy 😧

Im a coors light man now so theres deffo no bobo up the exit :smile:

RB Clio 182
Looking good mate, welcome back to the n/a club. Mod plans (you know you will)? :smile:
Not much mate, maybe just induction kit/decat and a custom map at efi, id be happy with that for a daily/work commuter, i just want to thrash its tits off without it blowing up, or the gearbox crumpling everytime i put my foot down lol.

535d / t5 caravelle
Good buy, love the colour of these, pmsl at the clioturbo.co.uwanker, funny one with the stripes I used to love them when they came out and desperately wanted one at the time, everyone de stripes them these days, be good to see one still rocking the stripes ( I think ).

Don’t rush pulling them off, leave em on and see what you think when you’ve had the car a bit.

And remember you’ve only 182 bhp not 282 bhp when you look in your mirror at that m3 pissing you off lol.

I’ve just gone and done the same boot mod

RB Clio 182
what's it doing?
Emissions lights flashes and it feels like its running on 3 cylinders, no hard cuts just a loss of power, just a rumbly constant misfire, the the emmisions light will stop flashing and stay constant and the misfire stops for a few minutes, and repeat.

It failed its mot on this..

• Exhaust emissions Lambda reading after 2nd fast idle outside specified limits (7.3.D.3)
And then passed the day after, so im wondering if the lambdas fucked?

dan's cast offs.
that's an injector, could be it's killed the lambda if it's been chucking fuel in? what mileag? bosch say around 90,000 miles to replace sensor.

i've had loads that take a while to settle down for emissions.

RB Clio 182
that's an injector, could be it's killed the lambda if it's been chucking fuel in? what mileag? bosch say around 90,000 miles to replace sensor.

i've had loads that take a while to settle down for emissions.
117k, fucksticks, ill unclip injectors tmw and see which one doesnt make a difference, and replace it/them along with the lambda.

I replaced the plugs today for oem and plugs 3 and 4 were sutty, so im guessing i may need to replace those two injectors?

172 Turbo
Mine was an injector, which the lambda was then going mad, changed the injector and it took a few miles to clean the sensors up and all was good again

RB Clio 182
Mine was an injector, which the lambda was then going mad, changed the injector and it took a few miles to clean the sensors up and all was good again
How did you check the injector mate? Unclip them and see which one doesnt change the running of the car?

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Yes turbo it !
There's a great bloke called Andy @clioturboerobbinglyingbulshittingbodgeartist.com he is a tuning God! He's done loads of turboed clios and they have 'll been awesome he's cheap too ! Quick turnaround ,would you like his number ?
everyone on the forum says hes awesome so he must be the best !

Oh wait :tonguewink:

Good luck with this one mate looks great .
Lose the strips tho imo:wink:

172 Turbo
How did you check the injector mate? Unclip them and see which one doesnt change the running of the car?
Yeah, pulled the rail and pointed them into a container.

My 3 was at constant cycle and was obvious to spot, yours might be a failing one.

@dann2707 does an injector cleaning service for cheap enough and then replace them if he can't get them cycling

Wow you didn't hang about getting another!! This looks a cracking example tho bud, nice and original and a great base to start with! :cool:

I'm agreed with the stripes, IMO it would look much better with them off as i'd be the same as you when driving it, but that tiny detail aside, looks good on the standard wheels bla bla........ must seem IN THEORY a step down, but it's clear reading your comments above you're already loving the more reliable N/A. Good luck sorting the issue :up::up:

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Looks nice Tom, f**k turbos right off na all the way. Itb's is what you want for Xmas.
Shame you swapped cars but kept the misfire, I've got some spare injectors if you want to swap a couple over? Give me a shout and I'll fetch them over.
Maybe we'll see you at a meet one day [emoji6][emoji23]

RB Clio 182
Looks nice Tom, f**k turbos right off na all the way. Itb's is what you want for Xmas.
Shame you swapped cars but kept the misfire, I've got some spare injectors if you want to swap a couple over? Give me a shout and I'll fetch them over.
Maybe we'll see you at a meet one day [emoji6][emoji23]
Nice one buddy, are they all good? Ill meet you tomorrow if you want mate, swap them over and see what happens, its worth a try :smile: