ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tom’s 55 ‘RB 182’

RB Clio 182
Congratulations! She looks good. Happy to see that you took those racing stripes off.

You gonna meg swap it?
Its staying standard mate, its plenty quick enough, why did i waste my money on getting down the road 0.005 seconds quicker!

‘Dickead learns from bad expreiences’

RB Clio 182
Yeah from a standing start. But Shirley from say 30+ its bye bye most cars.
Around tight twisties it was probably slower than standard, boost kicked in around 3.8rpm, and before boost kicked in it felt slower than standard, the power of na is instant.

On a long straight the turbo would walk it.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Yeah round bends I’d expect it to be similar like you say.

Only ever driven a 1.8t clio thing and by Christ that went quickly In a straight line.

Had no pas so was an ass to drive. It was actually @cs_dave old clio before he owned it

172 Turbo
I know exactly what you mean, when I put my 172 Cup back on the road 12 months ago it was the greatest thing ever. Refreshed suspension, diff & standard power, it was epic.

If the ED turbo hadn't come up cheaply then I doubt I'd ever have changed it for another 2nd car, it did everything I wanted tbh.

RB Clio 182
I know exactly what you mean, when I put my 172 Cup back on the road 12 months ago it was the greatest thing ever. Refreshed suspension, diff & standard power, it was epic.

If the ED turbo hadn't come up cheaply then I doubt I'd ever have changed it for another 2nd car, it did everything I wanted tbh.
Its just not worth the money nor the unreliability, but you live and learn.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
It's a popular belief that a turbod clio is a must have but if you use whats available on a standard car you've got more than enough for the public roads. I don't drive to work like I'm on a track day and I don't expect many others do either so when I do venture over 5k it feels plenty fast enough and I'm not at ban me now speeds! As Ranault built them they are the perfect hot hatch for todays roads.

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
couldn't agree more about the clio in N/A is a much better car than boosted. mine once moving from 50mph all the way to 160mph it was crazy fast but from 0 to 50 was pointless. I'm a full believer if you want boost buy a car designed for it.

car looks great mate love a RB

RB Clio 182
Chrome diamonds and bullets back on, so much fresher

924EC9F4-F5A1-48D0-BFDF-062F41FC0483.jpeg
355B10D8-F0A5-4BBD-A472-377E7C233022.jpeg

78E304AC-1AE6-471E-9CFE-902BE5C2E0F3.jpeg

Last edited:

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
May as well ditch the acoustic valve when you take the airbox out. It’ll just be hanging there doing sod all anyway.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
couldn't agree more about the clio in N/A is a much better car than boosted. mine once moving from 50mph all the way to 160mph it was crazy fast but from 0 to 50 was pointless. I'm a full believer if you want boost buy a car designed for it.

car looks great mate love a RB

Like a Scooby! What's latest Dave?

RB Clio 182
I gave the bay a little clean today, i havnt polished the aircon pipes yet and that makes a big difference, but i removed the engine cover and cleaned all rubbers and plastics, ill give the aircon pipes a polish when my alloy bend comes for my ramair, it looks a bit cleaner, but it was just a basic degrease and clean tbh

Before

75265C0D-A194-4F2A-8639-1C0454AC0E26.jpeg

After

C6A7CDF4-4BF6-4C77-9FBE-FD69974121F4.jpeg

If the weathers decent tomorrow i may remove the inlet and fuel rail guard and paint those silver, im not a fan of the engine cover so that will be removed.

I am also going to order a new coolant bottle as this tidies things up a little.

Ive got a brand new blue oil catch tank also that i bought for my turbo and never fitted, so i might fit it if i can find somewhere that looks decent for it, that will also brighten the bay up slightly.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
If I was that way. I’d look to have the same set up that was in the flamer. Relocate the battery and have the bend as straight as poss.

@bloke is that an ass to do? Not tinkered with the car for aaagggggeeeesss.