ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

tom's 172 project . . . ish

RB 182 cup
hi all im quite new to the web site
my names tom if you hadnt already guess'd im live in spalding lincolnshire and im a mechanic/mot tester by trade so i do a fair bit to my cars as and when

used to be into my vauxhalls, ive had a 2.0 16v corsa on throttle bodies running 200bhp and ive just sold my 280bhp turbo corsa, is in this months fast car.

got my self a clio 172 at the weekend and decide to do a bit to it

well took my car to work to give it a bit of a service, changes the oil and filter and the rest of the filters, had a good look round the car, doesnt look too bad for a french car lol. also stripped down the brakes and greased them up and gave them a lick of silver paint

anyway aircon wasnt working so hooked up our machine

DSCF1704.jpg

mmm no gas what so ever

DSCF1706.jpg

did a leak check and found a massive holes in the condenser so have ordered a new one and well as a filter dryer as that will be well saturated by now, should be here tomorrow

well ordered some springs and they came today so got the car back on the ramps and took the front struts off

removed old springs

DSCF1722.jpg

fitted the new ones

DSCF1724.jpg

DSCF1725.jpg

then refitted the front struts, wooo easy

DSCF1727.jpg

rears took all of 2 bolts to drop the axle down the slip out the out springs and in with the new

DSCF1728.jpg

after that i checked and adjusted the tracking and all was dandy
got home and took a few pics

DSCF1743.jpg

DSCF1749.jpg

DSCF1770.jpg

the springs have still got to settle a big more as ive only been about a mile up the road in them

hope you like, will update a bit more when my new condensor arrives

:)

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
front struts are a bollock if you dont buzz the top mounts as no spanner will get them off otherwise

Lots of Alfas
Welcome to the club. What bit is the filter dryer?? As my air con has been de-gassed for some time now and was thinking of re-gassing this summer.

Focus RS mk1
apex springs i see, nice but will sag after a while as mine have. makes the car look nice and low but not the best for handling. had my fun think im gona go coilovers soon

RB 182 cup
thanks for the comments, yeh 40mm apex springs, only put them on for a quick job as i really want to get coilovers but they can wait for now

the filter dryer is next to the condensor at the front of the car on the near side, i will put up some pictures for you as and when i do it as it looks like a long job so i cant wait lol

b/g 182, meg tourer
hi tom. first on the list should be changing that exhaust! lol.
was good to see it in the metal.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Nice looking Monaco there Fella..... Wish I had access to all the Lifts and Tool sas it would make life so much easier.... Oh and welcome to CS :D

RB 182 cup
bit of an update

decide to polish up the inlet runners, took the car to work and roughly smoothed them off with the air grinder then spend a few hours with some wet and dry to get them smooth enough for polishing

DSCF1839.jpg

DSCF1841.jpg

then a buff up with some autosol and the electric polisher

DSCF1844.jpg

DSCF1846.jpg

have started to polish up the fuel rail cover but i got bored and sore hands lol

will be taking the inlets off soon get then matched up and and quick internal polish. looking for a 182 exhaust manifold at the min too

RB 182 cup
well few new pics as ive been bored, should hopefully be changing my wheels soon and getting some coilovers.
hope you like the pics

DSCF2168.jpg

DSCF2174.jpg

DSCF2179.jpg

DSCF2182.jpg

DSCF2201.jpg

DSCF2206.jpg

DSCF2208.jpg

RB 182 cup
update

well after splitting with the girl friend of 3.5 years i decieded to treat myself, well my car anyway lol

ordered a k-tec stealth exhaust and a carbon firbre splitter on fri and they came today so im very pleased with them

got the whole week off so went to work but they didnt have a ramp free so not matter ill just do it on the floor

well heres the old crappy magnex that was on, looks horried but sounded ok

DSCF2292.jpg

jacked the car up and put it on axle stands then got to work taking it off

DSCF2294.jpg

whooo new bits, its like chirstmas again

DSCF2293.jpg

DSCF2296.jpg

DSCF2297.jpg

all fitted, was very easy to fit no problems at all would deff recommend it

DSCF2299.jpg

DSCF2298.jpg

struck it up and went for a drive, wasnt as loud as i thought i was gunna be after all the posts ive been reading found it quite quiet really

got back and decided to fit some new spark plugs while i had the tools out, and seeing how its just clock 70k.

few bits off

DSCF2306.jpg

upper inlet off, eeasy work

DSCF2307.jpg

DSCF2308.jpg

DSCF2309.jpg

old plugs out, didnt look too bad

DSCF2312.jpg

new plugs whoooo

DSCF2313.jpg

all fitted and inlet put back on

DSCF2314.jpg

covers were put back on and gave the engine bay a bit of a clean

DSCF2315.jpg

DSCF2318.jpg

after that jacked it back up again to fit the splitter

DSCF2305.jpg

DSCF2303.jpg

was well easy to fit just line it up molegrip it in place drill a few holes and screw it on job done lol.

few more pics now im done

DSCF2319.jpg

DSCF2321.jpg

DSCF2324.jpg

DSCF2325.jpg

DSCF2329.jpg

overall im very happy with the parts and fitment. just gotta get my wheels and may be coilovers and im sorted.

will be taking a few more proper pics once i find a decent location

enjoy

2005 liquid yellow 182
any chance of a pic from the side of your car mate, jus to get a good view of how low your car is sitting.

cheers fella

2005 liquid yellow 182
awesome, thanks bud. any major problem with speed bumps? is it nose diving abit or is it level all round?

RB 182 cup
speed bumps are fine havent even touched the splitter yet even with the 15's on lol. on level ground it is level think the photo makes it look like it is lower at the front

2005 liquid yellow 182
niice mate. thanks for that. im jus deciding how much to lower mine by at the minute, but didnt want to hav the wee beastie nose diving lol