ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

too many problems with my 16v!

clio 182 FF + chipped
i dont know how much longer i can put up with my car.From day one its had problems and renaults parts are so expensive!
my gearbox and engine has alot of movement when driving.i found the side it moves on.(the top drivers side mount) i spent £57 on a new mount and it hasnt cured the problem.when i replaced it there was this thing called a vertical movement limiter looked a bit worn but no where sells it pehaps it has a different name? thats what it says in haynes manual its called. when i drive around the gearbox stick moves so badly when i accelarate or let off. i hate to think how much the engine is moving around!

and also my valver still has the cutting out problem when my revs drop or i stop it just cuts out! i have changed the coolant temp sensor, iscv, dizzy cap, rotor arm , spark plugs, fuel filter. its driving me mad!

does anyone know a different name for the air intake sensor as i cant find this part anywhere either and dont really wanna pay a fortune from renault again when it might not be that causing it.

im being to think i should just break it and sells parts as its a minter apart from these problems.

please if you can help with any of my problems please do!

oh and if anyone knows a scrapy in the essex area with a clio 16v or r19 16v in it please let me know!they are so hard to find in scrapys!

Nissan 200sx s14,clio 16v
air intake sensor, could you mean air flow meter, dont think clio 16v's have them though, ive had 2 now and both have been exactly the same wiht the gear stick moving, i dont think you can cure it, but try the dog bone engine mount near the gearbox and see if there's play in that!!

Sorry to hear about your problems mate, if it makes you feel any better I'm in the same boat, it's like as soon as I sort one thing out something else fails after a coupla weeks. Bought my car in May last year and I've only driven it for about 6 weeks an I'm not joking either.

Had that engine movement problem too, but the mount went and the engine slipped then bent the driveshaft. Luckily (!) I sorted the mount out and it was kosher... until the gearbox went.

If I were you mate either take it to Renault and get them to do a proper check or I'd get rid, cos it sounds like you got a bad egg on your hands.

Nissan 200sx s14,clio 16v
also the tick over problem, try the lambda sensor, take it out and clean it, or disconnect it and see if it idle's better!!

clio 182 FF + chipped
yes they do have the air sensors they are on the left hand side of inlet manifold. its down in the haynes manual as intake air sensor or as you said air flow meter. but the car parts places like german, swedish and french dont have them or euro parts

Toyota MR2 Turbo Rev2
the engine cutting out thing - this might sound lame and totally ridiculous, but try wiggling/moving around the wiring loom where the inlet manifold cover is (wires go underneath the cover). theres a clip just in front of the power steering fluid resevoir, next to inlet mani cover, that should be holding the wires. if its not clipped in, clip it in! that was the cure for mine!! mines a 1996 ph2 btw.

clio 182 FF + chipped
everyone tells me to get rid but coz there all saying that im determind to fix it! i did get ripped off with this car it was a mates mate that sold it to me over priced just coz it had leather. when he said i couldnt test drive it i should have known not to buy it!

it has a good number plate that has mgf at the end so reckon i could make and bit of money back by selling it to an mgf owner.but how i go about doing that i dont know!

i will try that lambda sensor someone esle told me about that too

Don't get rid

Get your ass over toe williamsclio, there is a stuicky on tehre for idle problems.....i'd say check your earths tho.

As for parts most parts can be had alot cheaper from GSF, and you get trade prices if you quote cliosport. Gearstick moving, thatsd the bog bone mount, £10-£20 from GSf, 2 bolts and its replaced

clio 182 FF + chipped
the dog bone mount does it have another name as im trying to find it on the gsf web site?