ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Took the plunge... MacBook Pro

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
Picked it up yesterday, 15" model, 2.4Ghz, 2Gb ram, 160GB hard disk and OSX 10.4.

Have to admit, having been a Microsoft convert for years, a Microsoft engineer day in, day out... its awesome. :) Love it.

Also got the 1-to-1 training so I can get the most from it, £79 for 1 lesson a week. Ace! :)

Also bought Aperture so I can get more from my pictures, will be looking to get Office/CS2-3 at some point. Might get the Student/Teacher Office as its muchas cheaper ;)

Credit card took a battering but I don't regret it.

Oh and did I forget to say its not crashed yet? ;)

Monaco 172
im for buying my 2nd vaio tomorrow possibly!
mate killed my last one by droppin a bottle off a shelf...not happy

no relevance whatsoever...im sorry!

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
Dude, its awesome. :D lol. Got to get a carry case for it tomorrow as they were out of the 15" at Bluewater Apple store.

Not done a busting lot with it yet but only just learning how to use it to be honest, not massively different from a PC but different enough if that makes sense :)

I regret getting this vaio rather than putting my hand in my pocket and getting an old g5 powered macbook, that said in hindsight I would of been gutted not to get an intel powered one which were released about a month after i was in the market.

Next Laptop is an Apple and thats that lol. 17" and powerful :D and thats just the laptop ;)

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
i got a mac book black, love it to bits :D find using a pc kinda clumsy now lol...

Fiat Panda 100hp
I will be using macG5s when I going to uni in sept, so I will report how good I find them compared to the PC then lol.

106 GTi
New user name MacCake ?

Nice one - let me know Aperture goes been tempted here for a while.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Si if you want office let me know, i can get it highly discounted ;)

Download:

Adium
Djay(its fun)
Stuffit expander
Transmit
Safari Beta
VLC
Flip4mac

Last edited:
  Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
No worries Rich, I think we have a veryw et weekend ahead so going to see what I can do with Apperture so will report back. :)

Thanks Tom, you have PM. Will have a look at the software you said :D

My Macbook Pro has been sat on my desk ever since I bought a Dell D420.
Dunno what to do... Heh. I've not used it for about a week now! :( Heh.

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
I'm the exact opposite mate, just switched off my PC and said "I have to use this and learn it". Loving it though :) The Front Row feature is amazing :), Media Centre - lol f**k that :d

Lee

BMW M2C
I ordered one yesterday for the MD. It came this morning. He' sjust spent half an hour letting it install all it's updates.

Looks nice. All I need to do now is put Windows on it for him so it's usable.

I wanted a macbook, but got a windows laptop as I need to use AutoCAD for work stuff. Hate Microsoft, macs are so much better.

Citroen DS3 DSport
I wanted a macbook, but got a windows laptop as I need to use AutoCAD for work stuff. Hate Microsoft, macs are so much better.

Should have bought the Macbook and installed Windows within Bootcamp. Best of both worlds that way.

Citroen DS3 DSport
Yeah and the Mac will run XP/Vista perfectly. It runs better on my iMac than on my dad's Vista spec machine :D

You can also run Windows within Parallels if you want to use it at the same time as OSX.

i had my macbook for 2 days, i found it a little frustrating, how do you highlight more than one thing? and i couldnt maximise the picture box, lol, im going to get another, i sent that one back as it was only 13'