ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

top speed!!

ok ive now run my cup in to around 1020miles, givin her the odd proper thrash! but what top speed should or is recommended, as i know its not properly run in for a lot more than 1020 miles! anyone?

and it took me only 2 1/2 weeks to do the miles, that dont matter does it?!

Renaultsport Clio 200 Cup

Obviously the PC answer to your question is 70mph... (although my 172s seen a ton-thirty already and its only on 650 miles..!).

Careful though eh? ;)

on a race track, yep, no probs at all...

on the road, its illegal, but it wont hurt your car if thats what you are bothered about...

I tested mine at 130 plus in the first week... (on a private road of course - the M66 ! :devilish:)

Renault Laguna Coupe

On a race track you dont usually get the chance to test your top speed - for some reason the ones I go to always have lots of curvy bits that slow you down :confused: Even had a go on the main runway at Heyford airbase - not long enough!

grrrrr im not chattin about track days!!! but thankyou!

in general, not legally, but how high can i push her now, do i have to worry about runnin in anymore??

Simple answer.....nope..

give it hell

and have fun.. but watch for those gatso, radars and specs..

I only did it one to see what it could do, wont be bothering again, I value my clean license too much lol..

Ive tested my car at over 160mph but i wouldnt reccommend it to everyone (mines a turbod jap thing so it pulls very nicely up there) as the world flies by :eek:

Tony

THANK YOU!

GOT A 300MILE JOURNEY TONITE, SO CRAWLIN FASTER THAN 70 WILL HELP!!!!! THANK YOU EVERYONE!

TB1 I WAS TRYIN TO ASK YOU VIA PM BUT COULDNT SEND IT FOR SOME REASON, BUT UVE ANSWERED ANYWAY! TOP MAN!

CHEERS EVRY1