ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Towbar gone...

E87 118i
an impusive descision today, removed the towbar....don't ask how I will carry the mountainbike from now on, but it does look better (and lighter)....

Before
towbar_before.jpg

After
towbar_after.jpg

For now I have just siliconed up the holes drilled into the wheel well, anyone suggest anything else I should do ?

There legal on none RS cars just the RS cars there illegal on as there not type approved.

Funny realy as both cars have exactly the same shells

E87 118i
things are a little different down in s.africa.....anything goes.....no MOT or anything......cars nearly 5 years old and never been road worthied :)

Just don't speed too much and you're fine, but if you do thats fine cos there's no points system on your licence!

took it off meley for cometic reasons...

R35 GTR
edde said:
There legal on none RS cars just the RS cars there illegal on as there not type approved.

Funny realy as both cars have exactly the same shells

typical renault, but i suppose the RS doesnt have enough torque for pulling a caravan, or maybe they just thought it would be ghey.

R35 GTR
rock said:
things are a little different down in s.africa.....anything goes.....no MOT or anything......cars nearly 5 years old and never been road worthied :)

Just don't speed too much and you're fine, but if you do thats fine cos there's no points system on your licence!

took it off meley for cometic reasons...

It's the same over here too if you are uninsured, no one cares, just get a slap on the wrists.:clown:

Dave3141 said:
typical renault, but i suppose the RS doesnt have enough torque for pulling a caravan, or maybe they just thought it would be ghey.
The 1.2 Clio has been type approved though.

E87 118i
thanks clio-GB

yeah, want to get the Thule roof rack system, but will put it on the mrs's beemer, rather than my clio.....

182 Black Gold
I've got a towbar on mine too. Would luv to take it off but i know as soon as i remove it. Some Cape town taxi driver will drive straight into the back of my car.