ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Toyosport exhaust.

Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  BG V6, LY 182
I'm after a new exhaust for my car, seen a toyosport one for ebay for £200, unfortunaltey i missed out on it, the seller claimed he decided to keep the current powerflow one he had on so thats the reason for him selling...

Now the guy who bought it has relisted it at double the price.... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RENAULT-C...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2ebd12805e

So is that 2 people who have bought it and are trying to make a quick profit?

Or am i missing something, i.e they found that they don't fit properly or whatever?

Done some research on here and found bad reviews on the 172 toyosport exhaust but nothing on the 182 ones...

Some one help me out a little :(

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
3   0   0
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Doesn't look good does it! go with your gut and give it a wide berth.

For £400 you've got a lot of options! Go with the trusted ones like Scorpion/Milltek/KTEC/Yozzasport, etc.

I got my Scorpion for £100 off Budgie and it's the best money I've spent so far on the car - old one must've been completely knackered!

(Oh and this may be obvious to most, but avoid Blueflame like the plague! Had one on my first ph1 - absolute GARBAGE!). Pipewerx near me do a good range, tad overpriced maybe though. Different though.

Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  BG V6, LY 182
At first i was willing to buy for £200, would have done me fine i would have hoped. But now another person is selling it on for whatever reason.
I think i will avoid, something isnt right.
I have seen a few in the for sale section, would rather have a decent second hand one than risk it on cheap toyosport one tbh.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
3   0   0
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Defo, chris205 is up your way and he's breaking a 182, see if he's got a decent 2nd hand one?

Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  BG V6, LY 182
Theres actually one of them for sale in the for sale section, i pm'd the guy but he hasnt got back as of yet :(

Trader Rating - 100%
3   0   0
  LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
I got a toyosport decat on auction a while back to go on with the 182 manifold, it was 2" diameter :dead:

From personal experience, I'd stay away - Don't think the manufacturers know the specifications of the car.

edit: some pic's - construction isn't too bad

Last edited:
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  BG V6, LY 182
I got a toyosport decat on auction a while back to go on with the 182 manifold, it was 2" diameter :dead:

From personal experience, I'd stay away - Don't think the manufacturers know the specifications of the car.

edit: some pic's - construction isn't too bad

Thanks for the help.

2" diameter? Should they not have been 2.25"? So that may be the reason for the resale. hm.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  2003 172
I have one. It's utterly crap. Not sure where to start. I'll be getting rid asap.

It's really really noisy(boomy). I reckon 2-3x louder than standard. It gets louder as the engine warms up. I'd hate to sit in the back of my car.

The mounts are in the wrong places. I spent an hour bending them to get them to line up with the car's mounts. I had no choice as I had an MOT the next day. It's still not sitting straight.

When mine arrived, it had a couple of dents from transport on it. The exhaust was in a big box with no padding, so just "rattled" around.

I paid about £150 for mine brand new off the ebay, and I think I was ripped off tbh.
Luckily I still have my original rear box and this will be ok to put back on my car I think.

Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  BG V6, LY 182
I have one. It's utterly crap. Not sure where to start. I'll be getting rid asap.

It's really really noisy(boomy). I reckon 2-3x louder than standard. It gets louder as the engine warms up. I'd hate to sit in the back of my car.

The mounts are in the wrong places. I spent an hour bending them to get them to line up with the car's mounts. I had no choice as I had an MOT the next day. It's still not sitting straight.

When mine arrived, it had a couple of dents from transport on it. The exhaust was in a big box with no padding, so just "rattled" around.

I paid about £150 for mine brand new off the ebay, and I think I was ripped off tbh.
Luckily I still have my original rear box and this will be ok to put back on my car I think.

Wow, sorry to hear that mate, hope you get it off and sorted to how you want.
Looks like i've had a lucky escape then!