ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Toyota MR-S JDM £2300

Trader Rating - 100%
4   0   0
This just come up on the MR20C, JDM MR-S. Looks a clean example. Some cheap reliable summer fun right here, that you wouldn't lose a penny on.

Blue MR-S (mr2roc.org)

Well after barely a month's ownership I've decided to sell. There is nothing wrong with the car whatsoever except for me I find it noisy. It has the JDM 5 speed gear ratio box with LSD which is an absolute hoot on the twisties. It has all the bracing it can possibly have and the handling is truly awesome, so planted and direct, infact I've never had a better handling car before. It really does make a difference. Ok, so a lot of you will know that I brought this off jonbill in the Club so you will probably be quite familiar with it already.
The engine was re-built in 2018 and jonbill put new bearings, rings, modified pistons, new water pump and a new clutch.
New brake fluid in 2018 when a new caliper was fitted.
New power steering fluid and air-con re-gassed in June 2021.
Brand new Falken tyres in June 2021.
Just had oil change & filter.
Mot expiry: March 2022.

Pics to follow should anyone not had seen them on the forum before.
Price: £2,300 on here.

Advertised elsewhere at a higher price!

47F6E2BB-071B-4ECE-A1FD-4969A05C3DEE.jpegBC647F68-DD90-4A7E-9BBF-788A0CCD4284.jpeg

Trader Rating - 100%
4   0   0
‘Hi, thanks for your interest but I’ve decided to keep the car now.’
She's probably had that much interest, she's figured she can get much more for it. The MK3 seems to be appreciating in value by the day, and is becoming much more popular on the track scene. Looking on AT at a half decent example, they start around £2.5k and go up to £10k. What you'll find with the majority of the cheap 1ZZ's is they'll all be smokers and in need of a rebuild, I'd bet even some of the mid-priced ones will be smokers too.

I'd say to the right person her rebuilt JDM MR-S could be worth closer to £5k.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
She's probably had that much interest, she's figured she can get much more for it. The MK3 seems to be appreciating in value by the day, and is becoming much more popular on the track scene. Looking on AT at a half decent example, they start around £2.5k and go up to £10k. What you'll find with the majority of the cheap 1ZZ's is they'll all be smokers and in need of a rebuild, I'd bet even some of the mid-priced ones will be smokers too.

I'd say to the right person her rebuilt JDM MR-S could be worth closer to £5k.

Yeah, it’s literally the 3rd car in as many weeks I’ve tried to buy where the owner has strung me along for a few days and then said they’re keeping it (not all mr2’s).

Must be the time of the year.

Darryl_1983

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  RB 182 Cup
I enquired about this one last Friday, but ended by putting a deposit down on a Z4 instead on saturday.

The Sable facelifts always seem to go for good money, so seemed quite cheap, with sensible mileage.

Trader Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Would be pretty good, but to be fair I bet the 2zz MR2 is faster on track than a 3.0si coupe (assuming they don't have a LSD as standard)
Yeah very similar PTW, but the lighter car will always win out on track. I'd have to strip the Z4 and remap, along with diff, suspension, tyres brakes etc to be quicker than the MR2. Looking at £10k+ for all that. Just not worth it. Might as well buy a Caterfield or something.