ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

TP cover on cars not under your name

Seeing as i cant seem to get a job newhere it looks like i wont b getting a 16v this year :(so i want to get an insurance policy on my 1.2 which allows me to have 3rd party cover on any other car not registered in my name. Does anyone know how i could get a policy like this? Ive heard they exist, or am i talking out my ass?

Si

You can yea.. normally when yer fuklly comp, you can do this.. have to check the policy tho!

Oh, and the other car has to be insured in some way.. you cant just jump in any car and drive it - it has to have its own insurance.

oh right...i thought the whole idea of me having 3rd party on any other car was that i would be insuring it with my policy

oh well :( seeing as the car i planned on driving isnt insured it looks like ill have to count on winning the lottery!

Quote: Originally posted by Daz on 28 July 2003

You can yea.. normally when yer fuklly comp, you can do this.. have to check the policy tho!

Oh, and the other car has to be insured in some way.. you cant just jump in any car and drive it - it has to have its own insurance.
I always wondered about that - I dont see why *it* has to be insured if you are? *Youre* the person they claim off of, not the car! If its only a sh!tter, then I would have thought it was fine to be insured on one car and drive the rubbish one under the insurance. ?

Quote: Originally posted by Daz on 29 July 2003

Well thats what Mat told me anyway.. and I think he knows stuff like this. Hah.
Mat is right. Check it with the insurance company and you will see its correct. OR we would be insuring minis and driving V8s!