ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Track car Attempt 2

Akay

ClioSport Club Member
  Clubman Cooper S
@mr bognor what you reckon to the door stabilisers? Im after a set. Ive just fitted a hardtop to mine (mainly for winter but its on at the moment), makes a great difference to the handling I think!

Hollidog

ClioSport Club Member
Hey I was there at that Bedford day! BG 182 BD04 plate. Never seen so many MR2's and other JDM cars at a UK track day before.

Well organised by Jav I have to say, I have done one of their days at Donington before and it was a bit of a shambles with some quite poor driving standards and loads of reds. Not sure if it was the nature of the circuit or some organisational changes but the whole day ran really well and I think I only counted one red.

Not sure I'm in love with the track but that fast chicane down the back straight is great!
46797937554_1d9b1788e0_o.jpg

Fiesta ST Stage 3
I like them and make the steering more responsive .

The hard top does make the car stiffer and much better IMO .

@mr bognor what you reckon to the door stabilisers? Im after a set. Ive just fitted a hardtop to mine (mainly for winter but its on at the moment), makes a great difference to the handling I think!

Fiesta ST Stage 3
Yeah this was my thinking as well the day was great and well done by Javelin and everyone was working well together i thought .

I must say i did really like the track but took me most of the day to learn it .

Think you were making the most tyre noise at that chicane and was thinking you had lost it a few times :)

Hey I was there at that Bedford day! BG 182 BD04 plate. Never seen so many MR2's and other JDM cars at a UK track day before.

Well organised by Jav I have to say, I have done one of their days at Donington before and it was a bit of a shambles with some quite poor driving standards and loads of reds. Not sure if it was the nature of the circuit or some organisational changes but the whole day ran really well and I think I only counted one red.

Not sure I'm in love with the track but that fast chicane down the back straight is great!View attachment 1412888

Hollidog

ClioSport Club Member
I was struggling with the section after the long straight, turns 14-15-16 before that super sharp left hander - just couldn't find a line that I was happy with. Also couldn't decide if I wanted 2nd or 3rd through the slow stuff, felt like I could get on the power earlier and harder in 3rd than in 2nd but also that I was giving away a bit of acceleration.

I was having a lot of fun down there! Only went a bit deep once, while battling with @incy-spider 's mate, off line and too late on the brakes meant a quick detour over the grass... Data logger had me 82mph through there though :oops:

What day you thinking of doing next?

Fiesta ST Stage 3
Might look to go back to Castle Combe next but need to sort a few things out first .

I was struggling with the section after the long straight, turns 14-15-16 before that super sharp left hander - just couldn't find a line that I was happy with. Also couldn't decide if I wanted 2nd or 3rd through the slow stuff, felt like I could get on the power earlier and harder in 3rd than in 2nd but also that I was giving away a bit of acceleration.

I was having a lot of fun down there! Only went a bit deep once, while battling with @incy-spider 's mate, off line and too late on the brakes meant a quick detour over the grass... Data logger had me 82mph through there though :oops:

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member

Hey mate [emoji112] good day that, let me know when you are booking Castle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seen this yeah, rapido! They say the K20 is much quicker than the 2ZZ in the MR2 W30...we'll have to see about that! :sneaky:

Danny's is KPRO'd as well so probably running 220hp...

Fiesta ST Stage 3
the Geo set up is now much more forgiving and less snappy and i was enjoying steering from the rear a bit more at Bedford .

K20 is good in them but the dials and other bits do not work with the Honda engine and ECU so for 10 ish BHP more than the 2ZZ is a lot of work .

the Geo set up is now much more forgiving and less snappy and i was enjoying steering from the rear a bit more at Bedford .

K20 is good in them but the dials and other bits do not work with the Honda engine and ECU so for 10 ish BHP more than the 2ZZ is a lot of work .
Yeah Ive read there's a lot more work involved with the K20 swap and as you say unless you could do it yourself then its not worth the extra dollar for 10hp.

Fiesta ST Stage 3
And today the MR2 has been picked up ready for its new life up north with Phil ( JB21 ) and ends my 2 years with this little gem
frown.gif

Car all loaded up and ready to be picked up by transport .

ro33W95f.png

NKSM0Qvl.jpg

The car has been transformed from when we picked it up as a stock 1ZZ Mr2 back in 2017 to the 2ZZ track focused car it is now and i have spent many hours and cash getting it to where i wanted .

We have had some great days in it and has been to a few different tracks and across Europe to the Nurburgring and back .

xyDJu7XJ.jpg

0tZ5ga9U.jpg
|https://thumbsnap.com/0tZ5ga9U[/URL]

cMr7VakQ.jpg

After Bedford the Mrs was still not happy with the RWD set up and thought she would spin the car if she was pushing on and only had one ( very slow ) session and said she was nervous of the RWD set up on track .

I loved the set up and the car feels great and quick on track and with the new Geo settings is much more friendly on the limit and did not have any moments even when pushing on but as we do our track days as a teem its not fair that she is not enjoying the car even tho i am and keep on saying that the car is amazing and so well set up .

The car is very track focused and is hard work driving 3 + hours to all the tracks we want to do as well as Germany so this was a factor as well .

I think the below vid at 5 mins in is the one that spooked her last year .

Our first track car was the little Saxo VTS and Lucy loved this and was happy with the FWD set up so this FWD set up is what we will be going back to .

https://www.cliosport.net/threads/saxo-vts-as-a-tr...

This brings us on to what we will be looking at for the replacement to the MR2 so our third track car .

I have just put an order in for a new daily car so my current daily Fiesta ST will now start its new life as our track only car .

https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&...

I will start another build log on this as the car will need some track upgrades but the drivetrain is all ready sorted with regards to the power , torque and Quaife LSD all ready fitted and i hope to have all the other bits done like oil cooler , baffled sump etc done by July and get back on track for the second half of the year .

cde6OA55.jpg

6WBdGN6g.jpg

Rb 182
Happy wife = Happy life

Shame you didn't manage a few more track days in it before it moved onto its new owner.

Look forward to the write ups on the ST.