ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Track Car Nurburgring Toy

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Yes most definitely! I've done in the region of 250 laps in various cars now. Shame it's getting so expensive now but I am considering a move to Germany. Lol!
At first I thought I'd had a tyre off the rim with how it understeered. Girlfriend wasn't to impressed with it either! Lol

windle

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 9 Gt, 182 Toy
A 172 caged up Cup. Green cage and wheels!

yes remember that one! good weekend? which hotel where you at?

Kurt has been finishing the wrapping yes! small world, he's the one who supplied the "new vinyl which is much better!

windle

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 9 Gt, 182 Toy
oh noes its not "the" sym0n is it ha! how goes it you southern goon!?

the red clio is from denton yes, he owns a garage round there "Lee" he's a good lad. he said he recognised a blue 182 from that way too!

its only our 2nd time so deff not done anywhere near 250 laps lol personally i have done about 20 ish!

windle

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 9 Gt, 182 Toy
engine wise dont want to spend a fortune as for most tracks it really does go well enough just the 2nd half of the ring where it struggles! probably matched inlets and a proper remap i think. Mainly plan to shed some weight now as its the FF version with all the toys!! a proper steering wheel would be nice too instead of the bus wheel!

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Yes mate excellent weekend other than the oil on the track that I mentioned earlier. Saturday was the best day for me as the track was nice and quiet. Pulled some 8min 40 lap times on road tyres so very pleased.
I stayed in a hotel just outside adenau. Nice and quiet to.

windle

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 9 Gt, 182 Toy
8.40 on road tyres some good going! you could have taught me the track!

eddy's or somewhere else? we stayed there last year but was full this year. stayed at some houses 3 mins from ring entrance, was cheaper and nicer just nothing much around.

do you do any local trackdays too?

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
We should've spoken to each other when we were there! I'd have taught you the track no worries.

No mate not eddys but I think I know who he is. Frequents the comfy corner on a regular basis!!

I try to do as many uk trackdays as possible but this year has been a bit poor due to other commitments. I'm at cadwell in September.

windle

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 9 Gt, 182 Toy
lol at celeb spotting we missed all those but werent there till late saturday then they clossed the track for the jags and some oil!

managed 2 laps in the evo makes me want to throw some track prep money at that! sadly it suffered major brake fade again!

263640_10150712171795201_557770200_19878834_2533142_n.jpg

windle

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 9 Gt, 182 Toy
always the same speak on a forum but not in real life ha! we will do next time. we looked at cadwell but havent done it yet, worth a shot? its going to be late september before my knee has even started to recover sadly but hope to get one in before year ends!

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Lol yeah I know! I offered to take Jay Leno for a lap in the cup and he accepted! Funnily enough he wasn't about when I'd collected the car! Then the marshals had a hussy fit because I'd got no padding on the cage or a helmet! Managed to "make do" with some copper pipe lagging!!

The evos are a good bit of kit but it's a shame they're as heavy as they are. My mate has one that he uses on the road and trackdays, and he has the same problem with brakes fading.

windle

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 9 Gt, 182 Toy
its the one we havent done cadwell but heard it being the mini ring before so will give a shot! 13th hmm it may be a last min booking if we can get on that one but perks of working for myself i can do tuesdays easy enough!

lol at taking jay leno out in the clio!!

evo good fun on the road and track but clio just feels better and makes more sence, what sort of power is yours at?

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
The day at cadwell is being run by javelin mate. Sure there will be last minute spaces.

Agree with how good the clios feel on track! Devastates a hell of a lot more cars than people realise. Power wise it's standard really. Decent air feeds to standard airbox, itg panel and btb 2.5" stealth system. This will be changing soon though when I build up my other engine.
The main focus with mine was the handling. It's corner weighted and the geometry is all set up as well. I do it all myself as well.

Brilliant :approve:

This is how all track projects should be. Drive it. 'Exhaust is broken' get a new one. 'Brakes aren't very good' get new ones. 'Needs better suspension' buy coilovers.

windle

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 9 Gt, 182 Toy
love the way they can hold their own against more expensive stuff out there!

ours could really do with setting up, we have just thrown it on and hope for the best. it does well but i bet it could do better. we will do a new engine when this one goes pop! its lasted so far so good!

bend it and mend it motto! glad we chose the clio from the start though impresses everyone that goes in it!

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
You will find a massive improvement from having it set up properly. Plus if you add a cage at some point that will improve the handling no end.
Engine wise you may well be waiting a while for it to go pop! Unless you mistreat them they're a good little engine.

Just a shame owners of more exotic machinery aren't as impressed with the clios when your harassing them on track! Lol!

windle

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 9 Gt, 182 Toy
setup and cage are definatley on the list so that sounds like a good plan. engine is serviced always topped up and we did the belts as we bought it and to be fair sounds and pulls very well so happy with that!

agree on the other people on track, they hate moving over for us little clio's!

Bus w**ker
oh noes its not "the" sym0n is it ha! how goes it you southern goon!?
Like there could be more than one? LOL I'm good ta, out of the ghettos of the North back in the civilised shire of Nottingham ;), what about you?

Never thought I'd see the day you ventured in to a French car!

windle

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 9 Gt, 182 Toy
still in sunny oldham me! had few frenchies me ;) couple of 205 gti's 106 rallye cultured i am ;) clio is only half mine 50/50 with brother. love the clio on track though!! hope to get at least another one in this year when leg works!

cant blame you for leaving oldham mind you! are you still a mr tax man dodger catcherer!?

windle

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 9 Gt, 182 Toy
suppose being a nerd an all you are in the right job along with myself ha! im still doing it but for my self now much better!

172 ph1
looks mint in the black mate...got the ring bug aswel after just going for the german grand prix! we watched a good few cars on a night time going round the north track gona have 2 get the ph1 over there next year

Radical SR3
Was great to see you there this year...Steve's face when I jumped infront of the MR2...priceless. Classic northern response 'I thought I were in trouble' :)

My Cup after 5 limp laps is now following the same route as yours, next year should be fun!

windle

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 9 Gt, 182 Toy
it support is crap for one company, i do what you say support a few large schools and few companies and get a good spread of work!

Ring is still the best track ive been on love it and started to even learn it a little this year. will be back nexct year!

It was very strange bumping into you again after all these years who would have thought we went on the same weekend!? you should def spend a bit of money in the clio the difference is night and day from last year! and we have done most of it on a budget it with cheap or 2nd hand parts. Loving the trackday experience!? where abouts are you living these days?

windle

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 9 Gt, 182 Toy
well we did oulton Park on the 27th and after 2 years of abuse we have finally broken it! we lost 3rd gear in the afternoon which has been getting notchy for a while anyway! Was last trackday of the year so have all winter to decide what the best route is. we had the same old snobbery some clown in a catterham who wouldnt move over for 5 constant laps!

heres a quick vid of the day onboard

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8aYcXoTUlM

drive by

our black one first and caffery's silver one 2nd

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IN5yTGCjfmc

i was lapping 2.11 and he eventually got his down to 2.22 good day aprt from breaking it!

Radical SR3
Im down south now for my sins, Effingham to be exact...nowhere near any curcuits!

We're waiting for July August Ring dates ;)

Ive gone hardcore with the Clio now aswell. Hoping to flog the Tam this summer and focus on cheap trackday fun.

windle

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 9 Gt, 182 Toy
we struggled for dates this year so booked early may and only just managed the hotel its nuts this year!

youll love the clio in hard core mode! ours has had box put in today just top mount on the box to do and good for track day end of month!

cant wait now evo sold the derv is starting to feel fast!!

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Heard about you selling that evo. Was bloody lovely. You'll have to post some pictures up of the car soon if you've changed anything.

Had a little accident in Beardy's burgandy corsa a month or so ago when he took me out in it. It's still not made it to the ring yet and he's still not fixed the bloody thing either!

windle

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 9 Gt, 182 Toy
loved the evo, but had to pay for another house sadly!

not much changed clio wise just fixed!

didnt know he'd bumped corsa! are you on the looming may trip weve booked??

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Nope :( money is far too tight at the moment. But yeah, it was only the bodied C20XE, was strange, tyres had got soaked in petrol apparently as it had been parked near the de-pollutioner, we went to brake, locked up the rears and he spun it. Not too much damage, 2 new wheels and tyres on the passenger side, fix the ARB and Steve suspects the rear beam is pissed.

Got any plans for the clio now that the evo is gone? Surely there's a bit of spare change floating around for some cams and a set of ITB's now?

windle

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 9 Gt, 182 Toy
pisser on the corsa, be good to see it on the track or the ring one day! we are gunna try and book one for the end of the month to test it before the ring.

no real plans for clio dont want to spend big money on it we just upgrade when it breaks and bits and bats cheap and it loves it! no money left over not even close own 3 houses now and big debts lol

will prob get evo 5 or 6 one day when back on feet but no time soon, i live in a building site at the min!

get saved up for the ring awesome place!

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah, maybe 1 day he will get the twin finished as well!

Really want to go to the ring soon. Might be next year now though, or very late this year. I know Kurt wants to go too so I'll drag him with me, need to get rid of the 1.2 clio that's just loosing money sat on my drive.

windle

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 9 Gt, 182 Toy
yea kurt needs to go too, you can do it on the cheap if you passenger but can spend a bit if you get giddy with the laps!

ours should be back by the weekend hopefully for a test!

windle

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 9 Gt, 182 Toy
Did Oulton Park yesterday, great day good weather etc!

car was good few minor issues but nothing that stopped play!

car flew all day, was our first attempt with slicks! very dangerous when cold but with heat in they were excellent!

MSV organised the day and it was very quiet we never had to queue once!

there was a standard looking blue clio there on the day but never got chance to speak to them. We had a clown in a civic type-r who was very angry our car was faster and wouldnt let us past and ended up spinning off infront of us! think brother has it on video!!

was running around 2.10 laps again maybe faster on the slicks but my video app was playing up on the day so not much footage! had a few sideways moments but all in all great shake down day!

few pics:

529718_10151423519590201_557770200_23764242_498477533_n.jpg

Slicks going on

555677_10151423520340201_557770200_23764252_2110073774_n.jpg

550894_10151423520740201_557770200_23764258_411695929_n.jpg