ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Track Car Nurburgring Toy

windle

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 9 Gt, 182 Toy
Did Cadwell Park Yesterday, is a fantastic track, if you haven't been you should do!

Few niggles on the day but nothing that couldn't be fixed so ran all day flat out. Never tried the slicks just ran on the Michelins but car felt good, I could have probably pushed more once I had learnt the track but played it safe for now.

Few pics and vids from the day.

1240495_481159331981515_450586634_n.jpg

579076_481159128648202_2055011311_n.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHgGjlmB0ko

Finally one of my laps think it was a 1.55 no idea if that's good or bad though!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uW2c99M37E0

windle

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 9 Gt, 182 Toy
well a total change of plans occurred after spotting a cheap megane 225 on the salvage auction I bought it and am going to fit the full running gear (yes 6 speed box as well) into the Clio!

I have done the belts on the megane and plan to fit it as is from there including running it on the megane 225 ECU/Loom

here is the car in question bought with a little suspension damage and no keys for the car, luckily I tracked the previous owner down who had a spare key! car fired up first go...

IMG_1595_zps1f23facc.jpg

IMG_1596_zps46cb954e.jpg

we then gutted the full car and loaded up all the crap from the unit and went to scrap the lot

IMG_1777_zps384c54ff.jpg

With the engine on the floor and the loom plugged in we managed to get the engine running on the floor after scratching our heads for a while as the megane wants to know where all the rest of the car is before it will run lol

next up was to chop the loom up and remove anything not needed! the box is all the loom I've chopped out

IMG_1795_zps971eb0d1.jpg

then the chopped down loom before tidying it up

IMG_1794_zps2b3b397f.jpg

we did the last track day in the clio on the 23rd of September at oulton no issues again car flew will be a shame to get rid of the engine but its already sold on its way to Scotland! we had the engine out by 7pm after the trackday whilst it was still warm!

Clio has now been stripped right back to the shell, plan tonight is to mock fit the engine and box so we can start to fab the other engine mounts. A friend makes driveshafts so they will be going to him soon.

not a clue on time but should have some updates as and when we do them

windle

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 9 Gt, 182 Toy
it has been a while since an update! there's another silver phase 2 now stevo just bought one for the track

windle

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 9 Gt, 182 Toy
all rest have gone yes, just a big pile of bits and my clio now!

theres a couple in our unit that will never see the light of day!

Engine is in on two mounts, need to fab the front and rear ones next

windle

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 9 Gt, 182 Toy
Mr horrocks a new clio sport owner and forum member I believe whipped up some engine mounts for it last night so currently have all 4 now so physical engine is mounted!

front mount

IMG_1935_zpsd371cf77.jpg

Rear Mount

IMG_1936_zpsf1f67d82.jpg

IMG_1942_zps552fa820.jpg

pedals are the next step have had a look at what needs to be done but no real progress yet, that's it for a few weeks to off to cuba on sunday for honeymoon!

windle

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 9 Gt, 182 Toy
back from cuba Tuesday morning, back working on the car Tuesday night. We have fabbed both pedels and test fitted them to see if the clear the column, think it will work but need to fit the rack properly and seat as wanting to lower the steering wheel. No pics as yet. Next job is cut old seat rails out an weld in new ones

windle

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 9 Gt, 182 Toy
bit of an update, had to modify the pedals a touch as the steering column fouled.

IMG_2021_zpscb9ad392.jpg

welded up the seat rails, welded them to the car and fitted the seat to where I think feels right with the pedals.

IMG_2019_zpse1d6ee9a.jpg

IMG_2020_zpsd6348939.jpg

IMG_2023_zpsb1877337.jpg

Steering wheel with then be spaced a touch and dropped down. you can see the Megane gear stick in the pic going to be fitted somewhere around that location endsup next to the steering wheel then

IMG_2022_zps23f26d89.jpg

Made a start on the brakes, fitted a Peugeot master cylinder so need to redo the front brake lines to the bias valve.

windle

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 9 Gt, 182 Toy
trial fitted the top dash today all that looks to work so going to send that off for flocking.

Bought quick release boss which also spaces out 50mm so steering wheel is right where I want it now. Megane shifter is also temp bolted in to test fitment. Need to weld some holes up in the floor next.

Cars booked in to have the driveshaft's joined and a full turbo back exhaust in a few weeks

IMG_2031_zps630b72ba.jpg

IMG_2037_zpsbcadba20.jpg

IMG_2039_zps644d9957.jpg

IMG_2042_zps56e95160.jpg