ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

TRACK DAY TROPHY * What a happy medium.....

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Well seeing as the weather is Semi alright I thought id give the Trophy a good going over-

Its a pity I didn't keep the Phase 1 race car as using it perhaps 4/5 times a week as a daily was just to much noise- especially for the neighbours.
Anyway, track day trophy which I am tempted to keep but wont, its 7:10 of the fun for just 1:7th of the price £4k V £28k

She scrubs up well though-

40ec.jpg

pl7u.jpg

hfo4.jpg

5l1l.jpg

S

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Bought it specifically to sell as a track car-

Had an idea what I wanted to do & it seems to have worked out well...

Finished off with the KTEC boot mat this week....

Main Spec:

Sabelt Cup racer seat
OMP Wheel + Boss
GAZ GHA Coilovers
AST top Mounts
KTEC Airfilter
Scorpian Exhaust + DECAT
RS Tuner Remap

Team dynamics Alloys

Full interior Strip out

etc ect

S

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
I wouldn't call it silly money- maybe OTT but the car was EPIC

First day I sold it - it got treated to a gripper LSD.

S

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
I don't know I lost his Mobile :( was going to buy it back when he was bored....

It was almost the same spec as TDFs race car 182 that they listed in the classifieds for 50k !! lol

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
I remember speaking to 'Space Cadet' at one of the Ace meets and looking round the car, it was stunning, probably one of the best if not the best on the forum. The detail / spec and money put in to it was immense.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
yep hours & hours & hours & hours spent on it.

Miss that thing.

Should have kept it.

The ALCON brakes were as much as the whole trophy.

I was racing having a play with a Nissan GTR & he had no chance braking into my roundabouts ( local racetrack at bluewater)

S

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
what? the phase 1 had 28k slung at it and didn't have a diff before new owner added one?!!

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
don't get me wrong, I've spent I reckon 20k on the turbo, but it was built up as a road car that I started doing a few track days in, realised it doesn't cut the mustard, so soon as I bought the new project track car first thing I've bought after the car is a quaiffe,lol!

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
I didn't build it.

A diff was next on his list- couldn't make up his mind on Quaiffe or Gripper.

Anyways.................

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Lol. The guy was a moron and had too much money to play with. Hence giving me a free Cup Racer seat without going into details...

A bit strong moron.... - Just had a lot of spare cash....

Wish id have got it out on track- would have rinsed pretty much everything on here without an LSD fitted.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
oh I know you didn't build it chap, I was just surprised that someone would pay a lot of cash to build a track car and not put a diff in from the off!

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
I 'd love to have seen some photos of the damage. What's it like on the coilovers?

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Drives really well- Would drive even better with the R888's on- however its perma wet around here at the moment so not going to do that just yet... plus its part of the spares package ;)

S