ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Track tyres 195/205 40/45 profile for max of £300?

BG182FF
As per the title really, whats out there which hold their own on a track in 195-40/45 and 205/40/45 for a £300 budget?

I'll be doing the odd few trackdays this year, but not looking for a seriously soft compound as the car is a daily...

205 tyres would be my ideal choice, but in the low profile they are quite pricey - So far i've come across Yokohama's, Toyo's, ect..

Anyone use Nexens? I bought my clio with 205-45-16 Nexens on the front, and they seemed fairly good tyres, albeit fairly soft compound

thanks all

Clio Trophy 463
I'd go for Yokohama AD08's, Toyo R1r's seem to go well but not had any experience myself and as a more budget option Federal 595 RSR. Realistically get the best tyres you can afford whether they be road or track biased and if you do any track days avoid trying to tear them off the rims and give them plenty of time to warm up and cool down and they will be fine :)

My experience of Nexens is one of disapointed averageness.

Dan

BG182FF
I'd go for Yokohama AD08's, Toyo R1r's seem to go well but not had any experience myself and as a more budget option Federal 595 RSR. Realistically get the best tyres you can afford whether they be road or track biased and if you do any track days avoid trying to tear them off the rims and give them plenty of time to warm up and cool down and they will be fine :)

My experience of Nexens is one of disapointed averageness.

Dan

Dan, just thinking back now, used to run Yoko A539's on a corsa sport when I was 17/18, loved the amount of grip they gave. Had a quick search and ame up with a price of £108 a pair? Which is well within budget :)

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
I had them on the fronts of mine, i honestly couldnt take a corner in the wet, even at 30 they would slide!!

BG182FF
I was mistaken, the AD08's are £108 each, not pair. which makes them a long way out of budget.

any other options out there?

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Toyo R1R's came in the cheapest for me out of those three by about £40-50 including the extra charges for fitting, this was from mytyres.co.uk about 4 months ago. I think all in I paid around the £330 mark fitted.

BG182FF
Greeny, anything half decent seems to be around that price. On mytyres the T1r's are the cheapest, with the r1r's next on the list

172 Rally Car
Yoko s drives - not a track tyre but are more than upto the odd trackday!

By the sounds of it your after a road tyre that doesnt destroy its self when pushed

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Any reason for not wanting 15"?

For 300 quid you could probably get a secondhand set of wheels with trackday tyres already on, and then its much easier to find new tyres in future.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Yoko s drives - not a track tyre but are more than upto the odd trackday!

By the sounds of it your after a road tyre that doesnt destroy its self when pushed

Our Rs2 172 runs yoko s-drives on it as daily tyres as thats what was on it when we got it and we've replaced a couple with the same thing again since, and we've even done a couple of trackday evenings on them now when we couldnt be bothered carrying track wheels with us as I had all my snoboarding gear taking up space in the car etc, and I must say I was impressed at how well they took the abuse considering they are just a road tyre.

BG182FF
Any reason for not wanting 15"?

For 300 quid you could probably get a secondhand set of wheels with trackday tyres already on, and then its much easier to find new tyres in future.

My plan is to keep them on my trophy turinis i have currently, hence staying 16"

Theres a set of turinis on the bay now with t1r's on, got my eye on them currently..Still waiting on prices of tyres from various places at the minute :)

BG182FF
Best price i've found is Parada Spec 2's on ebay, £82.91 each, and ATS Euromaster have quoted me £11 per wheel to fit and balance. fairly happy with that :) thanks all

BG182FF
Been looking at reviews of parada's, and they all seem to say they're crap in the wet and wear out like nobodies business!

So i've looked at Yoko S drives, decent looking tyre, and a good price in 195 45 at £57.25 per tyre online. Im really wanting 205 profile as my car has the cup packs, but the price is nearly double! ahhhhh :banghead: