ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Track Tyres - Feedback and Recommendations

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
The MX is much more balanced. My friends MX runs RSRs and they are great on that but on the Clio the heavy front eventually gets the better of them.

I'd say a good solution with the NS2R for the Clio would be 180 front 120 rear. But really I'd have to try them on track first, I'd be interested to see how they compare to the AD08R

When we compare tyres like RSR and NS-2R are you using the same load index and compound as I see the NS-2R comes in 82W and 86XL load rating and various tread ware ratings from 120 - 180. The RSR I keep coming across are only in 82W and 140 tread wear.

Cup In bits
RSR's are an excellent tyre really and withinh 10% of the big brands like a048r and 888's etc IMO ...... it's just the edge wear that lets them down when you want to run them to the track and back again. You end up with a tyre well within legal limits across the most part but the edges are gubbed and even the writing is chewed away in some cases around Knockhill. That circuit is one in itself though so I can't comment on a more flowing circuit with less stoo start.

Cup In bits
Mark nankang side walls are MUCH stiffer, I don't know where they got that, plus the nankangs have a more squared of shoulder which I think supports the loads better.

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Mark nankang side walls are MUCH stiffer, I don't know where they got that, plus the nankangs have a more squared of shoulder which I think supports the loads better.

Your right the Nankang are stiffer.

That's why I never take any notice of write ups.
How I drive & how you drive are totally different so how can we compare the same tyre?
I would rather buy a set if crap get rid & go again but then that's just me.
That profile pic of mine has an RS2 jousts just say I did three trackdays on them & got rid, I have never had so many spins!!
'Opinions are like arseholes everyone has one' ;)

Thanks, I bought NS-2Rs from reading on here they were stiffer, but yet to try them, very happy with the current RS-Rs now I have a tyre pressure they seem to like (28.5 cold), if the nankangs perform about the same with less odd tyre wear I'll be very happy!

Cup In bits
I had 4.5 degrees with new cup dampers and eibach sport lines and still managed to do the edges in. Good coilover's would go some way to helping I would think.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Well that's two emails sent to tyreleaders asking about stock, no response. If nothing else I won't be ordering off them.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers. And as someone once said (taken 2) 'good luck'

What price did you pay and size. Only ask as they have 16's at £60

Tried some toyo proxes r1r out today for first time.
Actually my first use of a track tyre.
Tested on road. Their part worn and came on a set of f1 wheels I purchased.

Very surprised at the difference! Can really push very hard out of roundabouts with no sign of tyres letting go, can feel the limit of the car rather than the tyres.
Was 4am and roads were slightly damp and about 7°c. Even so the tyres were very grippy!

They are 195 50 15. Coming from 182 wheels with 195 continental contact sport 3 on front and Avon zv5 on rear. The difference is night and day.

I do worry that the extra amount you can push the car will no doubt put excessive strain on other components though.... Probably best reserve these for a rare track day here and there!
Have part worn ns2r to fit once these wear out too [emoji3]

Someone in Germany is selling NS-2R for a good price but he isn't sure what the tread wear is. They are 86W XL loading. Do they have the tread wear marked on the side walls?

turbo 182
Someone in Germany is selling NS-2R for a good price but he isn't sure what the tread wear is. They are 86W XL loading. Do they have the tread wear marked on the side walls?
No the tread wear is marked on the label that comes on the tyre tread

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
The softs were awesome today @ Donington, even when it started to rain late on.
That's another 147 miles on them.
Scoby see you at Croft on 23rd ;) staying over as good drive from me :D

turbo 182
The softs were awesome today @ Donington, even when it started to rain late on.
That's another 147 miles on them.
Scoby see you at Croft on 23rd :wink: staying over as good drive from me :smiley:
That's encouraging news, as I'll be running the soft compound aswell on the 23rd!

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Bargain. They were £6 more in the size I was after 195/45/16. Have they given you an estimation on time scale? They still haven't replied, tbh that was the only reason putting me off getting a set. Crap communication. I appreciate they are a big/busy company

I paid 100 for 4 delivered to my door. Barely worn part worns [emoji14]

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1427749237137.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1427749237137.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 120