ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Trackday-Croft-31/07/08

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
Went to croft today for a open pit day, was a really great day enjoyed myself alot.
Really sunny all morning then pissed it down all afternoon.

As soon as the rain came, all the lotus, M3's and Westfields got of the track and let the real drivers have a go. At one point in the pissing rain on track we had, Our PH-1, a 172 cup, a trophy, a 182 and a megane sport :D.

Pics arnt the best, mainly due to me wanting to be out on track all day or the fact it was pissing wet and i had no coat or nothing.

Minicroft.jpg

MiniR1.jpg

Trophy.jpg

VX220.jpg

Westfield.jpg

106.jpg

197wet.jpg

911.jpg

Atomnose.jpg

fiesta.jpg

Integrawet.jpg

Lotus11.jpg

M3.jpg

Oh yeh and Carl (Barron) Managed to put the PH-1 in to a corn field after the jim clark bends. He was chasing a 500BHP 4x4 Skyline at the time though. No damage cause. But we did make popcorn for all :D.

CornClio1.jpg

/Adrian

Elise/VX220/R26
Which orgainiser was this? I've always only found sessioned days at croft. I'm going on Sunday 24th August with Javelin

172 Race Car
Whats is that red ford thing? looks like a right beast/mish-mash

oh and last pic, bit of grass cutting?

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
Well the feild car went backwards through at 90 had 5ft corn plants in it :p I will try to upload 1 or to more when home from work

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
Which orgainiser was this? I've always only found sessioned days at croft. I'm going on Sunday 24th August with Javelin

this was with circuit days, was very well organised. £169 and no extra charge for extra drivers or passengers

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
Great pics, sounds like a great way to spend a day :) Like the pic of the RB 197 - looks very wet hehe!

182 FF & 306 Rallye
Was a great day! Open pitlane is rare for Croft but well worth seeking out. Rained for a fair bit as per usual!

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
dhampton, you were going very fast all day. How many trackdays have you done and what suspension do you have?

ta
carl

182 FF & 306 Rallye
dhampton, you were going very fast all day. How many trackdays have you done and what suspension do you have?

ta
carl

I've probably done 25ish over the last 3-4 years, though only about 5 in the Clio. It seemed most people were pretty quick that day excluding a few caterham school cars. No real incidents either.

The Clio's got Bilstein B14 fixed-rate coilovers. I love the setup on track, it's not ultra-firm but feels great.

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182

ta
carl

I've probably done 25ish over the last 3-4 years, though only about 5 in the Clio. It seemed most people were pretty quick that day excluding a few caterham school cars. No real incidents either.

The Clio's got Bilstein B14 fixed-rate coilovers. I love the setup on track, it's not ultra-firm but feels great.

ah cool, that was our 2nd track day so still learning lol

oh aye ive heard good things about those bilstein coilovers. Ours is on standard shocks with eibach springs so the car rolled abit.

/carl