ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tracking my 172

Hi All,

Off to Silverstone in August and considering getting a set of 15" alloys and tyres to run instead of my road wheels. I don't really fancy ending the day at Silverstone with illegal tyres and then having to drive home on them..

I've got 182 Cup suspension, can anyone advise whether some old 15" alloys from a Mk1 Clio 16V / Renaukt 19 will fit without any issues?

I'll save the mandatory "What tyres for track" for another time!

Thanks
Ben

RS200 Cup
I think brakes are more of an issue than the suspension... As long as they're the right offset etc for your setup, need to make sure they clear the brakes.

Brake clearance and offset are the issues I imagine.. Has anyone successfully fitted 15s off a valver onto their 172?

182 cup
just been looking at a wheel size site and it says that the offset of a 16v is the same as the RS clio

Looking to get some 15's too for the track

Megane RS 250
With winter tyres 185/55/15
Clio_Gardus_Cerchi_Neri_03.jpg

Clio_Gardus_Cerchi_Neri_04.jpg

182cup & 172 racecar
Silverstone will not be that bad on tyres,its the brakes that will take a bit of a pounding.

See you there.

Thanks for the replies, top photo Mark..

Tony, am just concerned about doing a whole day on track then having to drive back up North so considering getting a set of track wheels. I doubt it will be my last outing on track!

Is Silverstone easier on tyres?

Uprated pads. New fluid. Done. Rip the fogs and liners out if you're a braking hero.

You're not going to rinse a set of road tyres in one track day unless they're already very low. You will likely wear the edges out and get some beading but otherwise you should be fine.

If you're going to be doing lots of track days then yeah it's worth having wheels to swap over. Considering a set of 18" track rims for my chariot, as the tyres are much cheaper and there are more track options available.